Someone give me a reason to get excited about an ObamaCare vs RomneyCare election

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
That or Obama vs another big government, big spending, tax hiking liberal Mike Huckabee.

I think the smartest thing for me to do is pick an activity that would normally be too hard to do with others not being distracted and do it on that day. Go to an amusement park or something.

Someone come on here and convince me as to why I shouldn't do that and should instead go to go the polls.

Can't think of one.

Don't get your hopes up too high with that goofball Tim Pawlenty, either.

Sounds like a good day to go to Cedar Point (I live in Columbus).

Ron Paul will likely run as a republican, so he won't be in the general election, the libertarians lost me with putting Bob Barr on the ticket, so I'm likely not going to waste the 5 minutes it takes for me to vote.

The best reason to get excited is that if we re-elect Obama we'll end up like Massachusetts.

So..........if we elect Romney we won't end up like the state he governed?

Or did I read that wrong?

Whatcha complainin about you have a choice.

Bwahahahaha

Not really complaining, just assessing. Should I take the 5 minutes to vote for identical candidates or a small party candidate who will get 1% of the vote or not?

The only big difference in any of the candidates for the last 20 years or so has been gridlock vs. party control.

Once you get to the General Election in the Presidential Race everyone is battling it out for the middle and the general differences in candidate come down to fighting over small details. Once they're in power, they're still trying to get re-elected or trying to get their chosen successor into office, so they're still playing the middle.

So in the end, it comes down to this: Do you want the same party controlling the House, Senate, and Presidency? In general, that answer should be "No." That'll probably be the deciding issue for me on the election day.

That or Obama vs another big government, big spending, tax hiking liberal Mike Huckabee.

I think the smartest thing for me to do is pick an activity that would normally be too hard to do with others not being distracted and do it on that day. Go to an amusement park or something.

Someone come on here and convince me as to why I shouldn't do that and should instead go to go the polls.

So if you can't get excited about Obama/Romney or Obama/Huckabee, who can you get excited about?

Trump?

People who don't exercise their right to vote are a-holes in my book.

Sounds like a well-written book...........

......................................................................................................................

So if you can't get excited about Obama/Romney or Obama/Huckabee, who can you get excited about?

Trump?

No, him being a rich guy his whole life he can afford to make huge gambles, file huge bankruptcies and rinse and repeat until he gets it right.

I only vote for people with a history of making fiscally conservative decisions.

Trump?

Ron Paul =D

Oooo, for some of us it's not all about voting for the next dumbass (who has a realistic chance of winning) so we can claim "we won" while we all really lose.

There is a difference between Rom and Obama.

Obama wants us to use the failed romnycare. Romney doesn't want everyone to use it.

He can see it failed in his state and knows it will crash nationally. Obama still has the blinders on, thinking it will work.

As far as voting goes? I haven't voted "for" anyone since Bush Sr. Since then it's all been against the other guy.

Except for the Bush re-election. That was the only one I have never voted on.

Obama wants us to use the failed romnycare. Romney doesn't want everyone to use it.

He can see it failed in his state and knows it will crash nationally. Obama still has the blinders on, thinking it will work.

As far as voting goes? I haven't voted "for" anyone since Bush Sr. Since then it's all been against the other guy.

So essentially the only difference is words, not actions.

Pretty much what I've always thought about the 2 parties :(

So essentially the only difference is words, not actions.

Pretty much what I've always thought about the 2 parties :(

Not exactly.

Roms is at a state level. If you wanna vote in crap that will crush your state, go ahead, when taxpers start to leave and takers move in, don't be shocked.

States rights.

obamacare is on everyone. When it crushes the economy, those that don't want to go down with the ship will have to migrate to another country. Since few will do that...

Forum List

Back