Someone give me a reason to get excited about an ObamaCare vs RomneyCare election

There is a difference between Rom and Obama.

Obama wants us to use the failed romnycare. Romney doesn't want everyone to use it.

He can see it failed in his state and knows it will crash nationally. Obama still has the blinders on, thinking it will work.

As far as voting goes? I haven't voted "for" anyone since Bush Sr. Since then it's all been against the other guy.

Except for the Bush re-election. That was the only one I have never voted on.

So essentially the only difference is words, not actions.

Pretty much what I've always thought about the 2 parties :(

Not exactly.

Roms is at a state level. If you wanna vote in crap that will crush your state, go ahead, when taxpers start to leave and takers move in, don't be shocked.

States rights.

obamacare is on everyone. When it crushes the economy, those that don't want to go down with the ship will have to migrate to another country. Since few will do that...

I'm talking about principles, when in office their actions have been based on the same principle that big government healthcare is a good idea.

I don't take politicians at their word, only actions. His actions show he's a liberal, same with Huckabee, they seem like the most likely candidates to me hence no excitement about the election. The hoopla of it all will be a little annoying but that's about the only emotion I'll feel.

Can't think of one.

Don't get your hopes up too high with that goofball Tim Pawlenty, either.

Sounds like a good day to go to Cedar Point (I live in Columbus).

Ron Paul will likely run as a republican, so he won't be in the general election, the libertarians lost me with putting Bob Barr on the ticket, so I'm likely not going to waste the 5 minutes it takes for me to vote.
Meh....Though Barr wasn't the perfect LP candidate, he was at least true alternative to the two demopublicratican bums.

I'll take the reformed whore over the one still walking the streets any day of the week.

The reason to get excited about that type of election is very simple....

It might be exactly what it takes to get the average American to trade in the ballots for bullets, which is exactly what we need at this point.

Can't think of one.

Don't get your hopes up too high with that goofball Tim Pawlenty, either.

Sounds like a good day to go to Cedar Point (I live in Columbus).

Ron Paul will likely run as a republican, so he won't be in the general election, the libertarians lost me with putting Bob Barr on the ticket, so I'm likely not going to waste the 5 minutes it takes for me to vote.
Meh....Though Barr wasn't the perfect LP candidate, he was at least true a alternative to the two demopublicratican bums.

I'll take the reformed whore over the one still walking the streets any day of the week.

Yeah that's a fair point, but has he proven he's reformed or does he just say he is?

Plus remember a reformed whore is usually like 30, she's nor whoring until she's 50 or whatever like Barr was.

There's at least a chance he's different, but he still seemed too repubocratty to me.

The reason to get excited about that type of election is very simple....

It might be exactly what it takes to get the average American to trade in the ballots for bullets, which is exactly what we need at this point.

90% of the US citizens could want a violent revolution with guns in hand ready to use them, and it'd be squashed with ease.

The reason we were given the right to bear arms by our founding fathers was to be able to revolt when (not if) necessary. The purpose of guns and weapons restrictions now is to do exactly what I pointed at in my first sentence, make a revolution entirely impossible no matter how necessary it was/is.

Last edited:
90% of the US citizens could want a violent revolution with guns in hand ready to use them, and it'd be squashed with ease.

The reason we were given the right to bear arms by our founding fathers was to be able to revolt when (not if) necessary. The purpose of guns and weapons restrictions now is to exactly what I pointed at in my first sentence, make a revolution entirely impossible no matter how necessary it was/is.

That's fine. I'd rather be DEAD than to continue living under the tyrancial regimes that have ruled this country for the last century and a half.

I think it was best said back in the 1950's and hasn't been improved upon yet....

BETTER DEAD THAN RED!!!!!

That or Obama vs another big government, big spending, tax hiking liberal Mike Huckabee.

I think the smartest thing for me to do is pick an activity that would normally be too hard to do with others not being distracted and do it on that day. Go to an amusement park or something.

Someone come on here and convince me as to why I shouldn't do that and should instead go to go the polls.

You won't have to think about Trump winning?

The best reason to get excited is that if we re-elect Obama we'll end up like Massachusetts.

So..........if we elect Romney we won't end up like the state he governed?

Or did I read that wrong?

I don't think Romney will make the same mistake that Obama is in the process of making now.

Right you're basing that on rhetoric, based on his actions he's proven that he even beat Obama to the punch on liberal big government healthcare.

That or Obama vs another big government, big spending, tax hiking liberal Mike Huckabee.

I think the smartest thing for me to do is pick an activity that would normally be too hard to do with others not being distracted and do it on that day. Go to an amusement park or something.

Someone come on here and convince me as to why I shouldn't do that and should instead go to go the polls.

You won't have to think about Trump winning?

He pretended 2 other times that he was going to run, I'm assuming history repeats itself and he's not really taking this seriously. I'll give him credit though it is smart business.

People who don't exercise their right to vote are a-holes in my book.

If the system would provide qualified candidates, I might be more interested; however the system is NOT set up to provide qualified candidates so we get the type of people who shouldn't be anywhere near the government running for every office on the ballot.

Forum List

Back