Somebody's Poisoning the Tea in Mississippi

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
Holy cow...WTF is going to come out this McDaniel clusterfuck next?

Voter-Fraud Claims and Activist’s Suicide Add to Turmoil in Mississippi

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/28/u...sted-in-mississippi-commits-suicide.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — The long and bitter Republican primary fight between Senator Thad Cochran and his Tea Party challenger descended into accusations of voter fraud on Friday, with the defeated candidate, State Senator Chris McDaniel, making clear he would not accept the results anytime soon.

The escalating feud raised the prospect that a seething bloc of conservative voters could sit out the November election, improving the chances of the long-shot Democratic candidate, Travis Childers.

A tragic note was introduced into the intraparty fight on Friday when a Tea Party leader committed suicide. The man, Mark Mayfield, had been accused of being part of a conspiracy to photograph Rose Cochran, Mr. Cochran’s wife, in the Mississippi nursing home where she lives.

Mr. Mayfield, a lawyer and a leader of the Central Mississippi Tea Party, had been arrested last month and charged with conspiring to break in to the room of Mrs. Cochran, who has dementia.

Mr. Mayfield’s lawyer, Merrida Coxwell, said his client had faced little chance of being convicted, let alone of being sentenced to jail. But the arrest “was more than he could stand,” he said.

“Sadly, Mark may have taken his own life, but that lies at the feet of some other people,” Mr. Coxwell said. “They will have to explain that.”

Yeah, somebody needs to explain this. Such a shame that the Tea Baggers in Ole' Miss are IMPLODING. Let's see if McDaniel shows up for the funeral.

Last edited:
Teapers are crybabies...they can't handle defeat. I am sure there are some teaper militiamen ready to start a war over this...in the name of a corrupt dead man. Teapers are ridiculously funny.

Teapers are crybabies...they can't handle defeat. I am sure there are some teaper militiamen ready to start a war over this...in the name of a corrupt dead man. Teapers are ridiculously funny.

I just don't think this guy offed himself. That's how BAD McDaniel really is. This guy was getting ready to tell the truth about who put him up to taking photos of Cochran's wife in the nursing home.

So, Nutz and NTPP...can you tell us specifically why you so abhor the TP without resorting to silly name calling or falsehoods? You know, using logic, reason and facts, tell us exactly what it is you hate about the TP.

I keep asking the question, but none of you will answer it directly. Here are the basic TP tenants:

1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes
2. Eliminate the National Debt
3. Eliminate Deficit Spending
4. Protect Free Markets
5. Abide by the Constitution of the United States
6. Promote Civic Responsibility
7. Reduce the Overall Size of Government
8. Believe in the People
9. Avoid the Pitfalls of Politics
10. Maintain Local Independence

What is it about these principals that you find so overwhelmingly offensive?

I just don't think this guy offed himself. That's how BAD McDaniel really is. This guy was getting ready to tell the truth about who put him up to taking photos of Cochran's wife in the nursing home.

I put nothing past a Teaper and what they would do to continue their lies.

So, Nutz and NTPP...can you tell us specifically why you so abhor the TP without resorting to silly name calling or falsehoods? You know, using logic, reason and facts, tell us exactly what it is you hate about the TP.

I keep asking the question, but none of you will answer it directly. Here are the basic TP tenants:

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

Teapers are racist, obstructionists and anti-government. That is the only difference between a Teaper and a conservative. They give conservatives a bad name and are destroying my party, the GOP.

(What has any Teaper done to achieve the goals stated above?)

omg, how many ways can the left hate on the Tea Party?

just count all the threads on this already posted

how does people live with so much hate? must be awful

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

Those are empty platitudes and meaningless rhetoric.

It's like saying the Tea Party stands for Unicorns and Rainbows and Happiness.

The problem with the Tea Party is in it's execution, not it's intentions.

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

EXACTLY! They are all rhetoric and no action....well, engaging in a standoff against the feds in the name of a pathetic rancher who didn't want to pay his bills was action enough.

You think suicide is funny? This is low, even for you. One way to piss people off is politicize someone killing themselves, even if the guy did do some dirty stuff of his own. Well, this contempt for human life runs in the party I guess...

It is not my fault this guy chose to kill himself instead of being a man and facing his actions. It is not funny...you are right. It is pathetic and sad and telling of the teaper mentality.

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

Teapers are racist,

Like I said...without falsehoods. Care to prove that the millions of TP supporters out there are racists? The floor is yours.

obstructionists

Proof? Evidence? Anything?

and anti-government.

How is "Reduce the size of government" that same thing as "anti-government"? You do realize there is a difference between an anarchist and a Constitutional Conservative, right?

That is the only difference between a Teaper and a conservative. They give conservatives a bad name and are destroying my party, the GOP.

So, you're a Republican? Hmm...if you say so. :doubt:

Not the question at hand. It's the principals they support, nothing more.

So, you've FAILED to articulate why you hate the TP without resorting to falsehoods and without providing even a modicum of logic, reason or facts.

I find that fascinating.

The Tea Party has made more gains this year than in the past six. If all you can do is call them 'crybabies' then you are being intellectually dishonest. Is that the best argument you can come up with? You berate them constantly out of fear. 'Teapers' scare you. You're so spoiled rotten on the establishment that just like Thad Cochran, you'll stoop to kissing up to the other side to preserve it.

My friend, that is what is 'ridiculously funny.'

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

So you hate the TP because they've not executed as effectively as you'd like? Okay.

The Tea Party has made more gains this year than in the past six. If all you can do is call them 'crybabies' then you are being intellectually dishonest. Is that the best argument you can come up with? You berate them constantly out of fear. 'Teapers' scare you. You're so spoiled rotten on the establishment that just like Thad Cochran, you'll stoop to kissing up to the other side to preserve it.

My friend, that is what is 'ridiculously funny.'

What accomplishments...Please be specific.

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

That would be fine if that's what they actually stood for, but that's just the false pretense under which they operate.

Did you know that Milton Friedman said in an interview, and it's on video, that there is no influence of corporate money in politics? Really, he said that. Check out Jamie Johnson's documentary, "The One Percent"...and find another hero.

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

EXACTLY! They are all rhetoric and no action....

Not exactly. They take "action" all the time.

It's just generally the "actions" of the Tea Party (groups or individuals who are associated with the term "Tea Party") betray a lack of understanding of how this country and it's political and economic systems work, if not open racism or bigotry.

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

So you hate the TP because they've not executed as effectively as you'd like? Okay.

I don't hate the TP. I disagree with the TP on nearly every issue, but I don't hate them.

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

That would be fine if that's what they actually stood for, but that's just the false pretense under which they operate.

Oh...the "because you say so" retort. Got it.

We'll just go with "you go nothing".

How sad that you can hate a group of people so much but can't manage to articulate why. I'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Did you know that Milton Friedman said in an interview, and it's on video, that there is no influence of corporate money in politics? Really, he said that. Check out Jamie Johnson's documentary, "The One Percent"...and find another hero.

Nice deflection. Feel free to stick to the point if you can.

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

And do you not find the same to be true of other parties? The problem with the two parties is not the 'execution' but the 'intentions.' But I guess nobody sees anything wrong with that. Nature abhors a vaccum doc, and when neither party is willing to do their duties to their constituents, then another more...extreme...group must fill it.

4. Protect Free Markets
8. Believe in the People

Teapers are racist,

Like I said...without falsehoods. Care to prove that the millions of TP supporters out there are racists? The floor is yours.

Proof? Evidence? Anything?

How is "Reduce the size of government" that same thing as "anti-government"? You do realize there is a difference between an anarchist and a Constitutional Conservative, right?

That is the only difference between a Teaper and a conservative. They give conservatives a bad name and are destroying my party, the GOP.

So, you're a Republican? Hmm...if you say so. :doubt:

Not the question at hand. It's the principals they support, nothing more.

So, you've FAILED to articulate why you hate the TP without resorting to falsehoods and without providing even a modicum of logic, reason or facts.

I find that fascinating.

You are willfully ignorant of your party/ movement and you want me to explain it to you. I don't think so. I have posted why teapers are racists, obstructionist and anti-Government. I even started a Tea Party thread in the CDZ that no teapers would participate in because the rules preclude them from the personal attacks and nonsense we have all grown accustomed to when someone dare disagree with them.

If I were to show you how Teapers are mostly from or supportive of the White Nationalist movement...you would deny it. If I were to post an article that shows how those WN racists use tea party events to recruit (and are allowed by the organizers), you would dismiss it.

The truth is, there is nothing I can say or prove. Your mind is already made up and you will remain willfully ignorant about the people you choose to side with...as a matter of fact, you will say that I am not Republican and call me a liberal if I point out any truth you don't want to see.

Forum List

Back