somebody say no draft?

Originally posted by NewGuy
As I said in the other thread, the draft WILL happen. You guy should be thinking "What if......." or "When they do that I will......".

If you do not accept it as anything other than fiction, you cannot be ready for the implementation.

When many want to see this thing pass, and THEY control the legislation, (not us), if money or power is involved, it WILL pass.

And believe me, commanding the entire American populace who are government property by default when in military service, IS POWER.

In addition, it requires more governmental services, and therefore more $$$.

I hope it happens...the country would be better off if people experienced what it means to 'serve' and 'sacrifice'. I'd bet there'd be fewer liberals :)

Originally posted by dmp
I hope it happens...the country would be better off if people experienced what it means to 'serve' and 'sacrifice'. I'd bet there'd be fewer liberals :)

it didn't lessen the number of liberals after vietnam, did it?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

No idea. Hard to measure...but that's a GREAT Concept...

triumph1.jpg

:eek: :p:

Originally posted by preemptingyou03
And the draft would draft those pussies. That's what's wrong with it. I don't want some computer nerd fighting my wars because he was drafted.

:thewave:

He-he. That's funny.

...No committed, professional soldier wants a draftee in the foxhole next to him.

Secondly, a military draft is a sure-fire way to encourage further reckless military adventurism on the part of the government whiich establishes the draft. With an endless supply of cannon-fodder, untold damage can be done to the nation and the world.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

Only because most of the liberals never actually saw the fighting. its easy to oppose your country when you are in Canada or Europe and dishonoring good men by calling them baby killers. oh the irony of that considering liberals have been responsible for the murder of far more children then VIetnam was.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Only because most of the liberals never actually saw the fighting. its easy to oppose your country when you are in Canada or Europe and dishonoring good men by calling them baby killers. oh the irony of that considering liberals have been responsible for the murder of far more children then VIetnam was.

you have proof of that claim, no doubt. or is this just more GOP slander against liberals?

Would the draft be so unacceptable if there were 0 loopholes to get out of it? (Didn't matter how much $$ you or your family had, who you knew, etc. As long as you could pass the physical and didn't have brain damage:D )

This draft is not for just putting guys in foxholes.

It is for every citizen to put time in for the military even in civil service.

In other words, there are 2 ways to look at it:

1. Every citizen for a couple years will contribute manditorily to "better" :rolleyes: their society.

2. Public enslavement for a couple years for each and every citizen as "government" property forgoing all rights of your American Constitution has now become manditory.

No matter what your opinion of the words I have just chosen, those 2 points are the reality.

I chose those words so you can see what it looks like from the perspective of the highest ups in this decision making process.

I have said this before and i'll say it again America should take a que from a little country like Greece and require all males to serve 2 years in the armed forces. It made a better person out of me and almost to a man in Greece you will not hear a negative word about it, they'll say it improved at least 1 phase of their life.

Originally posted by OCA
I have said this before and i'll say it again America should take a que from a little country like Greece and require all males to serve 2 years in the armed forces. It made a better person out of me and almost to a man in Greece you will not hear a negative word about it, they'll say it improved at least 1 phase of their life.

Was the Greek Government as subject to the same level of corruption and abuse ours is? What about the likelihood of such?

I agree with OCA to some extent. I think the future security of our Nation will require some type of civil service of of our citizens.

I don't think it should begin with a "draft" though. Why not start it off with "welfare reform"...making welfare available only in border towns.......:eek:

Forum List

Back