Somebody HELP me! I’m stuck in the 90s

I'm more in the 80's with a few exceptions. I don't carry a cell phone and as a matter of fact my wife has to give me a quick lesson when I have to use her's for some reason. I didn't even know what a "selfie" was until recently. The kids thought we were in the stone age and gave us "Alexa" and it's great. As a matter of fact it's the only female who obeys my commands without complaint. She can calculate metric to U.S. measurements in an instant, tell what the hell a fluid ounce equals and will play just about any song you can think of from country to rock and roll .
I have yet to see the charm of Alexa

I asked her if she worked for the CIA.

I'm more in the 80's with a few exceptions. I don't carry a cell phone and as a matter of fact my wife has to give me a quick lesson when I have to use her's for some reason. I didn't even know what a "selfie" was until recently. The kids thought we were in the stone age and gave us "Alexa" and it's great. As a matter of fact it's the only female who obeys my commands without complaint. She can calculate metric to U.S. measurements in an instant, tell what the hell a fluid ounce equals and will play just about any song you can think of from country to rock and roll .
I have yet to see the charm of Alexa
my sister has her, (only google's version) and when i spent 3 weeks in florida at her house.... she kinda wins you over with her charm... yes, she's charming sometimes.... like after she has answered your gazillion questions, if you thank her.... she says in a sweet way, 'Oh, you're welcome'...

I don't have one here, nor do I want one.... I'm not really living in the woods of Maine for it's great technology and all the things in 'the fast lane'.... I'm here to smell the roses....and see the 'wild things' in nature....

But I will say, I could get used to her... and the convenience of not having to run to your computer anytime you need to look something up... you ask her, and she'll just spit it all out for ya....!
I think my brother has around ten of them. Every room in the house.
Most of what he asks seems stupid

I’ve never had a Facebook Page
Never Twittered
Never took a Selfie
Use an IPhone 6
Never used Uber or Lyft
I don’t keep up with the Kardashians
Don’t have any Tattoos
I don’t have an Alexa
Never had an artificial Christmas Tree

Well, I am stuck in the 1950s, when nobody ever talked or worried about crime.
A blessing on your head, The Parser. I'm stuck on the last years before the "F" word was commonplace on playgrounds, movies, and used on parents by nearly-grown children who hated their final years at home suffering the traditional curfew when they went out at night.

Another year and I am still stuck in the 90s

Never use the DVR
Donot use drive throughs or have food delivered
Still write checks
Listen to the radio or buy a CD

No. Reputable shops will not tattoo a drunk.

So very true. Drunk or drugged, no tat.

Got one in 1973 in Denver. Go west on Colfax, left on Broadway couple miles. "Don" NGeo was doing an article on him. Cool guy, brought out all his polaroid's of work for us to see, just spectacular. Nother few hundred yards was a pool table supply shop, got a great Willie Mosconi fiberglass stick there, ran tables with it like no ones business:)

Do you miss the floppy disks?

When I started college, I used a slide rule, eventually paid $250 for a calculator

For computers we had to use punch cards

Miss floppies? I dunno, sure filled a million!

I had my Steel Pickett slide rule out the other day. (EE college 72. We learned tube theory.) Damn things could do anything and if you could read it, get 3 decimal places. Logarithms, long equations, everything.

72 an HP scientific was $400, battery 4 function $80. FUH DAT! 5 years later went back to college with my slide rule, ummmm not a good scene.

I can’t believe so many people get tattoos nowadays. Personally I would never get one, and it’s such a turnoff for me when a woman has one.

To me, if it something you are going to wear the rest of your life, I would at least put some thought into and spend good money to get it done by an artist

So much of it looks like graffiti on a wall

I have seen tattoos where I could say, that is an interesting tattoo
I have never seen one where I could say, You look a lot better since you got that tattoo

Even the ones that good art I don’t get. Like why would anyone put art on their body is beyond me. But to your point there are some tattoos that are worse than others.

When I started college, I used a slide rule, eventually paid $250 for a calculator

For computers we had to use punch cards

Miss floppies? I dunno, sure filled a million!

I had my Steel Pickett slide rule out the other day. (EE college 72. We learned tube theory.) Damn things could do anything and if you could read it, get 3 decimal places. Logarithms, long equations, everything.

72 an HP scientific was $400, battery 4 function $80. FUH DAT! 5 years later went back to college with my slide rule, ummmm not a good scene.
I used a slide rule for one semester as a Freshman Engineering student. I was OK at it but some were wizards. Don’t remember any of it today.

I was just telling an IT tech at my company about floppy disks and BBS. Using the phone to call someone's computer and then downloading a bunch of files (mostly games) to floppies.

I told him how linking to some stranger's computer in Kansas was a real novelty.

I had two three-foot stacks of floppies, all filled with stuff I got via BBS. I didn't even play most of the games or use any of the programs. I just had a serious addiction.

I might have been one of the first people to become addicted to computers.

Seriously, it was crazy.

I finally quit computers in 1988. I would get physically ill just thinking about computers.

I didn't touch a computer again until 1998.

Tattoos are thousands of years old.
You must be REALLY old
Sailors and whores are thousands of years old

I bet you have a six pack of Billy Beer don't you?

main-qimg-5f0f01e4f08576f14ef3f8431f43db76-c
Billy Beer tastes like Piss

Pabst Blue Ribbon!
5f26c41ff0974.jpg

Forum List

Back