Some Simple FACTS About Disarming Americans

Yes, there is a HUGE difference and if you knew anything about what you are bloviating about, you would reealize how HUGE a difference there is between fully automatic guns and semi-automatic guns.

You sound like some young earth creationists spouting on about how flawed carbon dating is when you are plainly ignorant on the subject, lol.

-- This from the sterling intellect who created this thread based apparently on a bad comic book plot (to wit: "Americans have a highly trained cadre of experienced military that many of whom would be very effective at fighting a partisan war against a President that most of them hate and despise. Anyone who cant [sic] see the dangers frought [sic] with a civil war in such a context is either ignorant, stupid or a fucking traitor who wants to see our nation destroyed from the ground up*" and whose logical reasoning prowess is apparently limited to "Fuck you, libtard".

(*"Doctor Doom" season four, wasn't it?)

Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed

Packing heat may backfire. People who carry guns are far likelier to get shot – and killed – than those who are unarmed, a study of shooting victims in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has found.

...Overall, Branas's study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.

While it may be that the type of people who carry firearms are simply more likely to get shot, it may be that guns give a sense of empowerment that causes carriers to overreact in tense situations, or encourages them to visit neighbourhoods they probably shouldn't, Branas speculates. Supporters of the Second Amendment shouldn't worry that the right to bear arms is under threat, however. "We don't have an answer as to whether guns are protective or perilous," Branas says. "This study is a beginning."

Have your .9mm handgun or your .30-06 and call it a day like normal people...the only reason civilians even have the bushmasters is to look and feel like billy bad ass at the range or to make up for something else that they lack, like self-esteem, juz sayin...

You mean aside from the fact tha AR-15 style guns are generally cheaper than a well made .30-06.

The idea that people are buying these guns to look billy baad ass is a stupid myth if not an overt lie.

bushmaster_desktop_1024x768.jpg

Touché! :clap2:

Advertising lies about a lot of things but the one thing it will never lie about is the psychology of its target audience. If it wasn't hitting the sweet spot it wouldn't be used. Period.

Yeah.....Im sure nobody buys assault rifles to look like Billy bad ass at the range, its all pragmatism based reasoning...uhhh..huh.

Talking to these "constitutionalists" is pointless.

Besides, one peek of armed soldiers or police coming to take their guns, and they'd be too busy wetting themselves to pull the trigger.

The Branch Davidians had guns. Heped them out a lot, didn't it?

Spare me the "Give me liberty or give me death" crappola. You guys would all choke, throw up your hands and squeal "Please don't hurt me" like six-year old girls facing a hairy spider.

You're so scared that you can't go through life without having a gun to hide behind.

That mentality should disqualify you from owning one.

Ask the dead BATF agents a-hole.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, anothet Internet Tough Guy!

Which side WON the confrontation? I guess that would all depend on how you define "won" slick. I mean who do you thnk "won" at the Battle of Lexington? At Tiananmen Square? At Ruby Ridge? Just because you're killed doesn't mean you lose son. Hell, if that was the case we would look back at history and say we "won" not only the Tet Offensive, but the Vietnam war.

You'd choke. You'd be curled up in a ball on the ground. You guys are like playground bullies ................. stand up to you, and watch you cave. Nancy, I've been under fire before and didn't curl up in a ball, forget about some playground fight. I grew up on the lower east side of Manhattan, we fought for fun when we got bored playing stickball.

Join a militia group, and start the revolution. Put your butt where your big mouth is. Lol. There's more govt informers in most "militia" groups as there are Patriots, no thanks.

Scared little boys who need "protection". Projecting slick. You know you can get help with that right? There's little stigma left in seeking counseling for your mental health problems. Nobody is going to look down on you too much, some might even applaud your determination to get your mental health problems under control.

Not men at all. I don't think you know very much about what it takes to be a "man" son.[/QUOTE].

Last edited:
Ok, for the sake of future discussions, the car analogy discussion is FAIL and includes, aircraft, buses, trucks and any other venue that MAY produce casualties but is not intended to produce casualties. That 5th grade argument is now negated.

assault weapons are designed for Soldiers NOT civilians, what is so damn difficult to understand about that??

They are coming off the streets, this reinstatement of the ban will happen, get over it.

Yes, Assault Weapons were designed for Soldiers, the problem is a semi-automatic rifles, like the ones used by the mass shooters. are not "Assault Weapons" in any way other than in the soclialist's legal defintion, nor where they designed for Soldiers, whose rifles are fully automatic or 3rd burst. Our 2nd Amendment rights were put into place to protect us from any form of govt that may become tyrannical, which means "We the People" need to be armed with the most modern firearms available. The Founders set up a nation with three equal branches of and then decided to give "We the People" the ways and means to keep them honest. What part of that don't YOU understand?

Yeah.....Im sure nobody buys assault rifles to look like Billy bad ass at the range, its all pragmatism based reasoning...uhhh..huh.

Since leaving the Corps I've never been on a rifle range slick, though I shoot at least weekly, and I own an AR-15 along with an AK-47, so you're bs is exposed as just that, uninformed bs.

Yes, there is a HUGE difference and if you knew anything about what you are bloviating about, you would reealize how HUGE a difference there is between fully automatic guns and semi-automatic guns.

You sound like some young earth creationists spouting on about how flawed carbon dating is when you are plainly ignorant on the subject, lol.

-- This from the sterling intellect who created this thread based apparently on a bad comic book plot (to wit: "Americans have a highly trained cadre of experienced military that many of whom would be very effective at fighting a partisan war against a President that most of them hate and despise. Anyone who cant [sic] see the dangers frought [sic] with a civil war in such a context is either ignorant, stupid or a fucking traitor who wants to see our nation destroyed from the ground up*" and ...

You imply that there is something wrong or inconsistent in my statements but you dont state what it is, as though it is apparent. But I call your bluff; where is the inconsistency? The blood would flow among the government types via IEDs and direct one-to-one assassinations, not shooting things out with SWAT. Read some micheal Collins history, for example.

whose logical reasoning prowess is apparently limited to "Fuck you, libtard".

No, that is only the part you understand.

Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed

Packing heat may backfire. People who carry guns are far likelier to get shot – and killed – than those who are unarmed, a study of shooting victims in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has found.

...Overall, Branas's study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.

While it may be that the type of people who carry firearms are simply more likely to get shot, it may be that guns give a sense of empowerment that causes carriers to overreact in tense situations, or encourages them to visit neighbourhoods they probably shouldn't, Branas speculates. Supporters of the Second Amendment shouldn't worry that the right to bear arms is under threat, however. "We don't have an answer as to whether guns are protective or perilous," Branas says. "This study is a beginning."

Corelation does not equate to causation, ignoramus. One could do a similar study about how frequently people die if they have been to a hospital within the last week and it would mean the same thing these 'if you have a gun' bullshit studies mean; absolutely nothing.

Why are libtards like you so often just plain old stupid as three day old shit?

Yeah, when sarcasm is all you have left, a frequent problem among libtards, it only makes you look stupid.

You dont seem to have a problem with that.

You mean aside from the fact tha AR-15 style guns are generally cheaper than a well made .30-06.

The idea that people are buying these guns to look billy baad ass is a stupid myth if not an overt lie.

bushmaster_desktop_1024x768.jpg

Touché! :clap2:

Advertising lies about a lot of things but the one thing it will never lie about is the psychology of its target audience. If it wasn't hitting the sweet spot it wouldn't be used. Period.

No, it only demonstrates that the advertisers and the doofusses that hrie them think that it appeals to the audience. There are plenty examples of advertisers entirely missing the mark with their target audience.

What the fuck would you know about a man card anyway?

So...if anyone tried to take your guns away, the people would rise up and shoot and kill anyone who tried to take away their weapons?

Why is a gun more important than a human life?

How about this?.....

Tonight before you go to bed you have to unlock all your doors and disable your alarm.
How would you feel about that?...Your government has declared that the area you live in is safe so there is no need to lock your door at night and no need for an alarm...

Oh, you make a good point there, since I live in Mogadishu, Somalia, I guess I'd better arm myself then, a nice XM-8 should do nicely for home defense

What is the point of your obviously sarcastic assertion?

Or did you bother to even think it through before you posted it?

Since leaving the Corps I've never been on a rifle range slick, though I shoot at least weekly, and I own an AR-15 along with an AK-47, so you're bs is exposed as just that, uninformed bs.

That's a shame

Be prepared to lose them

Hey, we have a wonderful volunteer military now, sign your asses up and carry all the damn assault rifles you want, hell, they'll even give you people to shoot at.

Otherwise, as a civilian you get handguns or hunting rifles, you may as well get used to this notion because it's manifesting right now.

The founders left us a wonderful gift to fight against what we are becoming.

You mean a just society that takes care of its own?

Yeah, I can see why the Founding Slave Rapists wouldn't be cool with that, but they're dead.

Frankly, whenever I hear one of you crazies talking this kind of shit, I remember the last time you did and what happened when you acted on it.

murrah_3.jpg

-- This from the sterling intellect who created this thread based apparently on a bad comic book plot (to wit: "Americans have a highly trained cadre of experienced military that many of whom would be very effective at fighting a partisan war against a President that most of them hate and despise. Anyone who cant [sic] see the dangers frought [sic] with a civil war in such a context is either ignorant, stupid or a fucking traitor who wants to see our nation destroyed from the ground up*" and ...

You imply that there is something wrong or inconsistent in my statements but you dont state what it is, as though it is apparent. But I call your bluff; where is the inconsistency? The blood would flow among the government types via IEDs and direct one-to-one assassinations, not shooting things out with SWAT. Read some micheal Collins history, for example.

I "imply" that your sicko fantasy is the stuff of preteen comic books, not a rational adult living in the world of reality. Sorry if that wasn't amply clear but I'm not the one squinting at it. It's there in your own words. That's why I quoted them. And why I re-quoted them. Hard to walk that one back.

Corelation does not equate to causation, ignoramus. One could do a similar study about how frequently people die if they have been to a hospital within the last week and it would mean the same thing these 'if you have a gun' bullshit studies mean; absolutely nothing.

Perhaps had you any reading skills beyond these comic books you could have seen that what you just talked back to is not me but a direct quote from an article... ignoramus.

-- which confirms point 2, that your reasoning is confined to stomping your foot and whining "fuck you libtard". And that's all it's worth. Deep, man.

no, it only demonstrates that the advertisers and the doofusses that hrie them think that it appeals to the audience. There are plenty examples of advertisers entirely missing the mark with their target audience.

.... Q E D. :dig:

Last edited:

That's a shame

Be prepared to lose them

Thats a shame; be prepared to get your shit jacked up, stupid shit.

no, it only demonstrates that the advertisers and the doofusses that hrie them think that it appeals to the audience. There are plenty examples of advertisers entirely missing the mark with their target audience.

.... Q E D. :dig:

So nothing at all...just like I thought.

lol, fucking Nancy ass twink.

One line at a time, just for the hell of it and I need to get sleepier anyway.....

I "imply" that your sicko fantasy is the stuff of preteen comic books, not a rational adult living in the world of reality.

Unwarranted assertion; meaningless and pointless; FAIL.

Sorry if that wasn't amply clear but I'm not the one squinting at it. It's there in your own words. That's why I quoted them. And why I re-quoted them. Hard to walk that one back.

Red Herring. I dont have to walk back shit you make up, lying ass wipe.

Again; FAIL!

Perhaps had you any reading skills beyond these comic books you could have seen that what you just talked back to is not me but a direct quote from an article... ignoramus.
Un supported assertion again. lol, you have a habit of doing that....FAIL!

-- which confirms point 2, that your reasoning is confined to stomping your foot and whining "fuck you libtard". And that's all it's worth. Deep, man.

Ad Hominem and unwarranted assertion, again.

You are fucking boring, even for a doped up fucktard gun grabbing whore, lololol.

That's a shame

Be prepared to lose them

When push comes to shove...gun owners are pussies

You talk the talk.....but you don't walk the walk

American gun owners are fat and lazy.....they will never sacrifice their standard of living for their guns

That's a shame

Be prepared to lose them

When push comes to shove...gun owners are pussies

You talk the talk.....but you don't walk the walk

American gun owners are fat and lazy.....they will never sacrifice their standard of living for their guns

Lol, you are just making shit up like you butt-buddy Starkey the Liar.

Heh, no one worth a shit will be fooled by that kind of bullshit, and if they are, you can have the morons!

There are 270 million firearms in the hands of about 70 million people. If the government up and made gun ownership against the law, demanding that the people turn in their weapons, a fair percentage of those owners would initially refuse to comply and least 10% of those would not only refuse, but fight. That would be about 7 million armed and fighting citizens. The resulting bloodshed on both sides would make any school shootings that happened, pale in comparison. I'm one of those 10%, should any attempt be made to take the weapons away.
I own several guns, including one that would be considered an assault weapon. I spent a career in the military and am quite proficient with all of them. I have never, repeat, never, had a desire to go out and shoot up schools, restaurants, or any other establishment. I've played countless hours with violent video games.....and still, no desire to shoot up any establishment. I will defend my right to own my firearms. That's why I served in the military (for the right to bear arms and free speech).
It's not the gun. It's the mentality of the person with it and in this last case in Connecticut, the mentality of his enabler. Mrs. Lanza knew her son had mental issues and still didn't have the common sense to keep guns out of the house. In a sense, she's more to blame than her mentally-ill son.

Forum List

Back