Some Simple FACTS About Disarming Americans

Please tell me - because from the gun nuts here, they don't seem to be showing much sympathy toward the dead kids, just about the thought of their guns being taken away.

Likely because they know that further restrictions will do little to save future lives – just as restricting or banning abortion won’t end abortion.

There’s also a legitimate concern that gun owners won’t be afforded due process, that legislation might be enacted based on ignorance of guns and gun violence, not facts, where further restrictions are put into place predicated not on evidence but emotion.

This is not to say gun owners have no emotion, or are devoid of empathy for the families of those slain; rather, they’re just as dedicated to finding actual solutions to the problem of gun violence, not measures clearly ineffective.

That's all nice in principle and packaged so eloquently. But the fact remains that these mass killings...as random as they are, are committed with assault rifles. If you read the testimony of the eyewitnesses, they all report that most of the killings were committed with the Bushmaster AR-15. These weapons are designed to do just that, produce mass casualties and do not need to be available to the general public. MOST, yes MOST gun owners are responsible and safe and are appropriately trained, but if just one of these assault rifles gets into the hands of an emotionally disturbed kid then it's too late. One look at a horrific scene of bloodshed and all of that "right to bear arms" shit takes a backseat to the tragedy. So this new legislation probably is a knee jerk and emotional reaction but if it saves 1 life than it is worth it. This new legislature simply intends to reenact the federal assault weapons ban, not seize your hunting rifles and handguns but restrict the availability of this class of weaponry to the general public and I wholeheartedly agree. As a gun owner myself, I will be perfectly content to be limited to my handgun and possibly a hunting rifle, I can leave my ego at the door in the interest of the greater good. I for one will support Diane Feinstein when she takes this to the Senate floor. My .02 cents.

Or we could use your justification that "if it saves one life" to make this point: if an armed citizen saves just one life, then that justifies allowing people to carry firearms.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Poor analogy, cars are not designed to produce mass casualties, assault rifles are designed specifically for this. We as a nation have to ask ourselves; have we done everything possible to stop events like this from occurring. Let's not make it easy for disturbed people to carry out these acts of violence, and just maybe this will allow for an intervening authority to enter before another tragedy occurs. I'm sure all of us gun owners can do without having military style weaponry in our households, I know I can, our 2nd amendment right to bear arms will still be well preserved.

It doesn't really matter what they are designed to do, more people die as a result of motor vehicles than they do of guns. How about banning airplanes, then? After all, when one of those babies goes down, the body count is usually out the roof. Maybe the travelling public should be prevented from flying in planes.

Poor analogy, cars are not designed to produce mass casualties, assault rifles are designed specifically for this. We as a nation have to ask ourselves; have we done everything possible to stop events like this from occurring. Let's not make it easy for disturbed people to carry out these acts of violence, and just maybe this will allow for an intervening authority to enter before another tragedy occurs. I'm sure all of us gun owners can do without having military style weaponry in our households, I know I can, our 2nd amendment right to bear arms will still be well preserved.

It doesn't really matter what they are designed to do, more people die as a result of motor vehicles than they do of guns. How about banning airplanes, then? After all, when one of those babies goes down, the body count is usually out the roof. Maybe the travelling public should be prevented from flying in planes.

Abortion Kills. ;)

Talking to these "constitutionalists" is pointless.

Besides, one peek of armed soldiers or police coming to take their guns, and they'd be too busy wetting themselves to pull the trigger.

The Branch Davidians had guns. Heped them out a lot, didn't it?

Spare me the "Give me liberty or give me death" crappola. You guys would all choke, throw up your hands and squeal "Please don't hurt me" like six-year old girls facing a hairy spider.

You're so scared that you can't go through life without having a gun to hide behind.

That mentality should disqualify you from owning one.

Abortion Kills. ;)

Yes, it does. But we aren't hearing the libs squalling about saving those innocent children, are we?

Besides, one peek of armed soldiers or police coming to take their guns, and they'd be too busy wetting themselves to pull the trigger.

Spare me the "Give me liberty or give me death" crappola. You guys would all choke, throw up your hands and squeal "Please don't hurt me" like six-year old girls facing a hairy spider.

You're so scared that you can't go through life without having a gun to hide behind.

Ask the dead BATF agents a-hole.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, anothet Internet Tough Guy!

Which side WON the confrontation?

You'd choke. You'd be curled up in a ball on the ground. You guys are like playground bullies ................. stand up to you, and watch you cave.

Join a militia group, and start the revolution. Put your butt where your big mouth is.

Scared little boys who need "protection".

Not men at all.

Likely because they know that further restrictions will do little to save future lives – just as restricting or banning abortion won’t end abortion.

There’s also a legitimate concern that gun owners won’t be afforded due process, that legislation might be enacted based on ignorance of guns and gun violence, not facts, where further restrictions are put into place predicated not on evidence but emotion.

This is not to say gun owners have no emotion, or are devoid of empathy for the families of those slain; rather, they’re just as dedicated to finding actual solutions to the problem of gun violence, not measures clearly ineffective.

That's all nice in principle and packaged so eloquently. But the fact remains that these mass killings...as random as they are, are committed with assault rifles. If you read the testimony of the eyewitnesses, they all report that most of the killings were committed with the Bushmaster AR-15. These weapons are designed to do just that, produce mass casualties and do not need to be available to the general public. MOST, yes MOST gun owners are responsible and safe and are appropriately trained, but if just one of these assault rifles gets into the hands of an emotionally disturbed kid then it's too late. One look at a horrific scene of bloodshed and all of that "right to bear arms" shit takes a backseat to the tragedy. So this new legislation probably is a knee jerk and emotional reaction but if it saves 1 life than it is worth it. This new legislature simply intends to reenact the federal assault weapons ban, not seize your hunting rifles and handguns but restrict the availability of this class of weaponry to the general public and I wholeheartedly agree. As a gun owner myself, I will be perfectly content to be limited to my handgun and possibly a hunting rifle, I can leave my ego at the door in the interest of the greater good. I for one will support Diane Feinstein when she takes this to the Senate floor. My .02 cents.

You are in favor of banning automobiles, then? I mean, if we prevent one auto-related death, it would all be worth it. Wow, and think of the health impact when all of us have to walk everywhere we need to go! I'm pretty sick of that worn-out "if it prevents one death" bullshit talking point. There are plenty of ways people die every day. Maybe we should ban them all. Or wait, maybe we should all wrap ourselves in bubble wrap and sit at home, typing on some forum or watching TV. The government can pay to support us and no one would need to work ever again. And we'd all be absolutely safe from death.
Yeah...that's the ticket alright!

Once again, Poor analogy. Cars are a necessary part of modern society and it is clearly understood by all of those with at least a 6th grade education that the benefit outweighs the inherent risks associated with them. Having assault weapons in the home is obviously not necessary and a risk that can be easily mitigated. Gun owners will still be able to exercise their 2nd amendment right to bear arms with a handgun or hunting rifle such as the .30-06. This is simple risk management, it seems quite obvious to me. The legislation for the assault weapons ban should be clear so as to limit only that specific class of weaponry. Careful and deliberate execution will ensure that the original intent of the right to bear arms is preserved. We're not exactly proposing that the thought police come to your home and remove all of your firearms, let's put this in perspective.

Last edited:
Ok, for the sake of future discussions, the car analogy discussion is FAIL and includes, aircraft, buses, trucks and any other venue that MAY produce casualties but is not intended to produce casualties. That 5th grade argument is now negated.

assault weapons are designed for Soldiers NOT civilians, what is so damn difficult to understand about that??

They are coming off the streets, this reinstatement of the ban will happen, get over it.

"Why is a gun more important than a human life?"

Guns aren't. But freedom and the US Constitution are. Many lives were spent to obtain and keep them.

Please tell me - because from the gun nuts here, they don't seem to be showing much sympathy toward the dead kids, just about the thought of their guns being taken away.
since when did the abortion loving left start caring about kids ??

Whenever we push for national health care. You know thousands die each year from lack of health care? Whenever national health care comes up, the opposition (repubs) start foaming at the mouth and worrying that it might cost them some money in higher taxes. And I'm sure you guys must know that out of the thousands that die each year, a certain percent are children. You repubs are pro life with abortion only because there's no out of pocket costs for you and you can feel good about yourselves.

I think most of you that want to ban guns are missing the point. most americans dont have military style weapons, we have a few guns in our home, some might have a ar15 or something like it in their home.

the point that we worry about is where does it stop. democrats have been slowly eroding away our freedoms since franklin d. roosevelt and they are doing it in ways that seem beneficial at first. Look at welfare, when it was implemented many people were starving, it sounded like a good plan. now look at welfare, fraud is rampant in the system, able bodied people that wont work are getting paid by the government to do nothing and surprise surprise crime in high welfare areas is also high. overall a welfare recipient is a slave to this government, they depend on this government to clothe and feed them so they must do what this government says.

If you think our current democrats are any better than the nazis in germany you are naive. given the same amount of power they will do the same things Hitler did if not worse.

restrict guns now, wait several years for another tragedy to happen, restrict again until nothing is left. eventually you get to a point where the liberals control the country and they enslave the population. it is already happening, just look at how many laws are passed every year.

some of you are apparantly ok with being slaves to this government, and ok with the idea of slavery, but im not.

oh and as far overthrowing the government in some bloody revolution, that is not the way to handle it. firearms are just simply a means of making sure the government cant take over fully and if you dont think the citizens can be effective fighting a government go look at history, the american revolution, the french revolution and im sure many other examples, the citizens will win, there are more of us. all it takes is the citizens to realize they have nothing left to lose and are gonna die anyway so they might as well die fighting. why do you think we have entitlement programs, to keep the poor pacified and stupid, not because the politicians care about human life.

Which freedoms have been eroded since FDR pushed through by dems?

Last edited:

Yes, men who had families and children and were trying to get kids out of the influence of a known pedophile.

Seriously, this is what you are defending?

So...if anyone tried to take your guns away, the people would rise up and shoot and kill anyone who tried to take away their weapons?

Why is a gun more important than a human life?

How about this?.....

Tonight before you go to bed you have to unlock all your doors and disable your alarm.
How would you feel about that?...Your government has declared that the area you live in is safe so there is no need to lock your door at night and no need for an alarm...

Ok, for the sake of future discussions, the car analogy discussion is FAIL and includes, aircraft, buses, trucks and any other venue that MAY produce casualties but is not intended to produce casualties. That 5th grade argument is now negated.

assault weapons are designed for Soldiers NOT civilians, what is so damn difficult to understand about that??

They are coming off the streets, this reinstatement of the ban will happen, get over it.
Only children keep repeating things when it has been pointed out time after time that they are wrong.
The second amendment protects the very firearms that obama has always wanted to ban.

Hey, we have a wonderful volunteer military now, sign your asses up and carry all the damn assault rifles you want, hell, they'll even give you people to shoot at.

Otherwise, as a civilian you get handguns or hunting rifles, you may as well get used to this notion because it's manifesting right now.

So...if anyone tried to take your guns away, the people would rise up and shoot and kill anyone who tried to take away their weapons?

Why is a gun more important than a human life?

How about this?.....

Tonight before you go to bed you have to unlock all your doors and disable your alarm.
How would you feel about that?...Your government has declared that the area you live in is safe so there is no need to lock your door at night and no need for an alarm...

Oh, you make a good point there, since I live in Mogadishu, Somalia, I guess I'd better arm myself then, a nice XM-8 should do nicely for home defense

Hey, we have a wonderful volunteer military now, sign your asses up and carry all the damn assault rifles you want, hell, they'll even give you people to shoot at.

Otherwise, as a civilian you get handguns or hunting rifles, you may as well get used to this notion because it's manifesting right now.

The founders left us a wonderful gift to fight against what we are becoming.

Let it be known that every man, woman, and child of age shall have the privilege of owning and carrying on their person a high round capacity, collapsible stock assault rifle with flash suppressor and bayonet mount, let it also be known that he/she has the option to add a grenade launcher to this gas operated assault rifle as it is their right...nay...their duty to protect themselves and the public at large from those tyrannical forces that loom and continue to infringe upon our right to be heavily armed in our households and our communities.

Note sarcasm.

Have your .9mm handgun or your .30-06 and call it a day like normal people...the only reason civilians even have the bushmasters is to look and feel like billy bad ass at the range or to make up for something else that they lack, like self-esteem, juz sayin...

Ski, these 'military style' weapons are cheaper guns for the same reason the military buys them in assault weapon, full auto form; BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAPER!

Plastic doesnt warp, absorb moisture and split. You can neglect it, abuse it and strike it on things and it will stay in one peice far more often than a simliar amount of wood.

No one is wanting to look 'billy bad ass', for shits sake.

Evertime you state that it makes you look pretty fucking stupid.

Let it be known that every man, woman, and child of age shall have the privilege of owning and carrying on their person a high round capacity, collapsible stock assault rifle with flash suppressor and bayonet mount, let it also be known that he/she has the option to add a grenade launcher to this gas operated assault rifle as it is their right...nay...their duty to protect themselves and the public at large from those tyrannical forces that loom and continue to infringe upon our right to be heavily armed in our households and our communities.

Note sarcasm.

Great!

Note lack of sarcasm

Forum List

Back