Some Simple FACTS About Disarming Americans

Im glad somebody else in this topic realizes that licensed guns are a constant deterrent of crime. Somebody who walks into a convenient store and sees you packing is going to get in their 89' impala with 24 inch rims and drive to the next 7/11 to rob it. While, though this might sound selfish, this no longer puts me in the path of a thug wielding an illegally gotten gun and passes him off to the next convenient store down the road, Im fine with it.

Most legitimate convenience stores insist that their employees are not armed and do not fight back. If someone robs you, just give them the money

Im glad somebody else in this topic realizes that licensed guns are a constant deterrent of crime. Somebody who walks into a convenient store and sees you packing is going to get in their 89' impala with 24 inch rims and drive to the next 7/11 to rob it. While, though this might sound selfish, this no longer puts me in the path of a thug wielding an illegally gotten gun and passes him off to the next convenient store down the road, Im fine with it.

Most legitimate convenience stores insist that their employees are not armed and do not fight back. If someone robs you, just give them the money

I'm talking about if I am in the convienant store as a customer, not as an employee. Criminals are like electricity, they will take the path of least resistance and an obvious .40 glock on my side is a hell of a lot of resistance. I promise.

I'm talking about if I am in the convienant store as a customer, not as an employee. Criminals are like electricity, they will take the path of least resistance and an obvious .40 glock on my side is a hell of a lot of resistance. I promise.

BFD

Nobody stays in a convenience store more than a few minutes. You are not much of a deterrent

Frankly, if I'm in a convience store, the last thing I want to be is in the middle of a gun battle between a robber and clerk over $50.00 in the register.

Most convience stores never keep that much money outside the safe to start with.

Frankly, if I'm in a convience store, the last thing I want to be is in the middle of a gun battle between a robber and clerk over $50.00 in the register.

Most convience stores never keep that much money outside the safe to start with.

That doesn't stop criminals from targeting convenience stores.

Give them the money in the register, a Slurpie and a pack of cigs and send them on their way

Biggest deterrent is the camera, not an armed clerk

Give them the money in the register, a Slurpie and a pack of cigs and send them on their way

State Police say the victim was shot and killed even though he complied with a pair of robbers orders to hand over cash from the register.

Delaware 7-11 clerk shot to death in robbery

Spoken like a true victim who honestly believes a camera will protect his life in real time. :lol:

To those saying I'm only in a convenient store for a couple of minutes, thats the whole point. The thug is going to wait till I am gone to try anything. Which is the whole reason why I carry, to protect my life and my family's life. Sounds selfish, but that's a man's job, to protect his family's life.

State Police say the victim was shot and killed even though he complied with a pair of robbers orders to hand over cash from the register.

Odds are still better if you just give them the money

Nobody wants a shootout in a convenience store. Dead clerk, dead customers.....dead business if it has a reputation for shootouts

Nobody wants a shootout in a convenience store. Dead clerk, dead customers.....dead business if it has a reputation for shootouts

SAPD: Robbery suspects shot clerk even though she cooperated | kens5.com San Antonio

Spoken like a true victim who honestly believes a camera will protect his life in real time. :lol:

Yup

Cameras are a bigger deterrent to armed robbery than guns are. Every time a local liquor or convenience store is robbed, I see pictures of the robber in the paper or local news. They don't last on the street very long once their picture is out

More robbers are caught by video and cell phone cameras than by tough guys packing heat

Who calculated these "odds"?
A government instituion?
The books in Vegas?
Or are these just presumptions of a pro gun-control liberal to further his point ?
I'm not trying to be disparaging, but when it comes down to it, I feel much safer with a pistol on my side and possessing the means to defend myself or die trying. I'd rather die trying to defend myself, not execution style in a corner facedown on a dirty gas station floor.

There is no guarantee that giving them what they demand will save your life. There is much evidence to the contrary. I'd rather take my chances defending myself then count on the good will of criminals.

Who calculated these "odds"?
A government instituion?
The books in Vegas?
Or are these just presumptions of a pro gun-control liberal to further his point ?
I'm not trying to be disparaging, but when it comes down to it, I feel much safer with a pistol on my side and possessing the means to defend myself or die trying. I'd rather die trying to defend myself, not execution style in a corner facedown on a dirty gas station floor.

Those who own the store and police agencies

Last thing an owner wants is a shootout in his store

There is no guarantee that giving them what they demand will save your life. There is much evidence to the contrary. I'd rather take my chances defending myself then count on the good will of criminals.

No guarantee that exchanging gunfire will not end up with a dead minimum wage clerk

No guarantee that exchanging gunfire will not end up with a dead minimum wage clerk

No guarantee a thug wont shoot you even AFTER giving over everything you have? I can post links to thousands of articles in which this has happened. It comes down to protecting my life, not my property.

Forum List

Back