Some Quotes From Fans I watched the Game With During Super Bowl LI

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
When the Super Bowl is played it is not just a football thing, it is a cultural thing and so it means that people who often ignore football the rest of the year will show up to watch one of the first BIG social events of the year, even if they know absolutely nothing about the game, or even follow another game.

I thought these were kind of funny, but not all of the things that stuck in my mind. I dont think I have time for all that.

"Why does the quarterback keep putting his hands under that guys ass? Is he gay or something?" - not a pro-football fan.

"It's the Lol Bowl, get it?"

"I'm not here for the football, I just want to watch the commercials."

"I dont get it, why hasnt a fight broken out yet?" - hockey fan.

"He got one foot in so why dont they give him partial credit?" - high school student, I think, she looked like she was about 16.

"It should be against the rules to spit when the camera is on you."

"Cant they go change their uniforms when they get it dirty?"

"But he hit the goal post; that should count for something."

"Patriots are going to loose cause they have too many white players." - a lot of groans followed

"How does that yellow line keep moving?" the second time I have ever heard that asked during a football game

"Hitting the quarterback while he is trying to throw is like a serious cheap shot."

"It should be illegal to strip the ball from the players. If you cant tackle him, then just deal with it." "Stripping the ball is how they deal with it." "Well, it's not proper." - From Manchester, UK

At that point I decided to just enjoy the remarks as a sort of comedy supplement to the game, thougoh the remarks are not in chronological order and other observations followed.

I think I might try to find a "Serious Football" fan club or something.

Uncle Ferd spent the Superbowl...

... `splainin' football to his g/f...

... by the time she understood it...

... the game was over."

Another guy said that he had not seen a team choke with such a big lead since Hillary's last year in the election.

Some people like walking on thin ice.

Forum List

Back