Some possible "fake news" to ponder

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Undoubtedly, right wingers will call this "fake news" since ANYTHING that belittles the Trump administration must be "faked"..........But, some interesting tidbits:

• Some of President Trump's lawyers are exploring ways to limit or undercut special counsel Mueller's Russia investigation, building a case against what they allege are his conflicts of interest and discussing the president's authority to grant pardons, according to people familiar with the effort.
  • Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people.
  • Trump's legal team declined to comment on the issue. But one adviser said the president has simply expressed a curiosity in understanding the reach of his pardoning authority, as well as the limits of Mueller's investigation.

Considering that Mueller has hired a pantheon of Clinton supporters and donors, and only that, it's looking just a bit suspicious, yes.

• Banned
Considering that Mueller has hired a pantheon of Clinton supporters and donors, and only that, it's looking just a bit suspicious, yes.

Ahhhhh, the old "preventive strike" strategy

Ethics experts said the giving should not preclude anyone’s participation.
Justice Department policies and federal law actually prohibit discriminating based on political affiliation when it comes to hiring for nonpolitical positions — meaning Mueller might feel he cannot consider donation history when he makes hires.

“Bottom line is, I don’t see how donations are relevant,” said Richard Painter, who was the ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush. “I’ve never heard of a single case where a prosecutor has been removed because of a political donation.”

Have you considered how it must feel to be a black man when being investigated by an all white police force? Given the efforts to defend Trump, and the disdain for Affirmative Action / consent decrees by conservatives and racists, isn't it easy to conclude hypocrisy is once more afoot?

But I digress (and btw, I'm white, 99.9% of European stock), there is no evidence that the staff Mr. Mueller has put together is biased, but such a claim is one more example of propaganda being echoed by the biddable.

They were calling this fake news last night on here...but are pretty quiet this morning.

I am sure it must be shocking that they have been backing a man proven to lie , yet call everything else fake news..including the FBI.

Well, those things ARE "Fake News."

When something HAPPENS, that may be news. When someone is considering doing something, that is NOT news. When a lawyer is looking into a possible action, that is NOT news. When a President inquires about the scope of his authority and powers, that is NOT news.

Report back when Trump pardons someone, or fires someone, or directs Mueller to do something (or not to do something), then I'll pay attention, and I might even be "outraged." But none of this is "news," and pretending that it is news is "fake news."

Report back when Trump pardons someone, or fires someone, or directs Mueller to do something (or not to do something), then I'll pay attention, and I might even be "outraged." But none of this is "news," and pretending that it is news is "fake news."

OK......Start with trump's firing of Comey....AND, this

Trump warns Mueller not to probe into his finances | New York Post
Trump just warned Robert Mueller not to look into his finances — it ...
Donald Trump warns Robert Mueller not to probe his family's finances ...

Ready to be "outraged"???

The standards the Trumpeteers have are flexible at best, hypocritical worst.

Anyone remember the Ken Starr tenure as Special Prosecutor? He was named to investigate the Whitewater affair. How did this mandate lead to Monica Lewinsky and a semen stained dress?

Why has Trump refused to release his taxes? The only President of modern times to do so. Why did he refuse to place his holdings in a blind trust as all other modern President have?

Mueller's investigation must be as thorough as Starr's.

So the fact that Muller is a Republican is NOT suspicious, but if he hires Democrats that IS suspicious :rolleyes:

Selective, no?

So the fact that Muller is a Republican is NOT suspicious, but if he hires Democrats that IS suspicious :rolleyes:

Selective, no?

Well, my friend.......here's what we have now....

Comey (R)....BAD
Mueller (R)....BAD
McCain (R)....BAD

Anyone remember the Ken Starr tenure as Special Prosecutor? He was named to investigate the Whitewater affair. How did this mandate lead to Monica Lewinsky and a semen stained dress?

Why has Trump refused to release his taxes? The only President of modern times to do so. Why did he refuse to place his holdings in a blind trust as all other modern President have?

And... why is he the richest US president in history?

I'm going to guess it's because he's smart and cares about this country.

Sure, because it is an irrefutable fact that if your ARE rich, you must be a better patriot than those poor slobs.....LOL

(do you right wing morons EVER stop and think that what you post is stupid bullshit????)

According to Trump himself what makes him smart is not paying taxes.

Thank him for taking care of his country by eschewing his responsibility to that country.

Forum List

Back