Zone1 Some friendly feedback for zinc

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
When deleting posts, you should tell the poster the specifics of why it was deleted so that the offender knows exactly what was wrong with it so that they might refrain from repeating their violation.

Also, when moving a thread to another forum, it would be considerate to tell the creator where they can find the thread.

Can you please tell me where I can find my thread that you moved?

One piece of advice, a good moderator engenders discussion and does not annihilate discussion.

Thanks for your consideration and for your service.

The "user content" in OPs that the existing rules require needs to be "stepped up".. "Get a load of this" -- is no longer sufficient topical content"... Must be 2 lines or more.. The more the better.. Must SUMMARIZE the topic to be discussed and why you think it NEEDS discussion..

New "Clean Start" Policy on Creating Threads

That would apply to all mods. And not only for deletions, but for thread bans. I was going along on a thread, and all of a sudden when I tried to post, it auto-notified me that I was locked out. No warning. No explanation. Some mod just decided she didn’t like what I was saying, and…bam.

When deleting posts, you should tell the poster the specifics of why it was deleted so that the offender knows exactly what was wrong with it so that they might refrain from repeating their violation.

Right ... the moderators like issuing warnings and moving threads around ... if they told us why, we'd stop doing those things ... and what's the fun in that? ...

ETA & BTW - I came to this thread looking to discuss metallurgy ... talk about poor titles ...

USMB Site Guidelines and Regulations
No Discussing infractions, bans, banned members, or specific moderator actions or duties on the open boards. Issues with moderation should be taken up privately with moderators in PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back