Some Dems Turning On Obama

Shit. If I were a Dem I'd be wishing for someone else to support and vote for.

Indeed,

If I were a Dem, I'd just plain s**t.

And they are.....

"Democrats are finding it hard to even recruit candidates to run against Republicans for Congress:

"The liberal media is doing its best to paint a smiley face on the situation, with headlined stories, such as "Do Democrats have a shot at taking back the House"? Truth of the matter, things are so bad for the Dems, that in some states they can't even recruit so-called line-holder candidates.

"Case in point, Kansas CD-2, a first-term Republican, libertarian-leaner supported by this website, has just learned he'll be running completely un-opposed. What makes this especially sweet for freedom-lovers, is that Tim Huelskamp, a friend of the libertarian movement, had a very tough election battle in 2010.

"From Kansas.com, "Don’t look to Kansas congressional races for suspense":
Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Fowler, had $420,100 as of March but drew no challenger at all this year. “It wasn’t for lack of trying,” Kansas Democratic Party chairwoman Joan Wagnon told the Garden City Telegram, noting one Democrat opted not to run after getting a job promotion and she talked to six others who were discouraged by the short time frame.
"Over in the 3rd district, Rep. Kevin Yoder has no Democrat opponent. Only a Libertarian on the ballot against him."

Libertarian Republican: Democrats finding it hard to even recruit candidates to run against Republicans for Congress

Is the party over for The Democrats? Has Obama being the standards bearer done this much damage to them?

It might be instructive to see how many aren't running for re-election that are presently there in the House and Senate.

I am not sure that Kevin Yoder will have an opponent either.

There was nobody groomed who has a chance...so even if one shows.....it's already over.

From the article:

The real question for conservative Democrats now is whether any voters will think they are not actually Democrats because of stunts such as avoiding the national convention.

In Pennsylvania’s 12th District, the campaign manager for Rep. Critz’s Republican opponent doubts skipping the Charlotte convention will do it.

Rep. Critz “can run from President Obama all he wants …,” said Jon Raso. “This is just the latest ploy … to distance himself from the president in desperation of saving his political career.”

Maybe Obama will throw a wrench in Critz’s plan by endorsing him.

I don't think this is gonna help her any more than it'll help those WV Dems.

Didn't help Republican Linc Chafee, either, when he actually ran on opposing the Bush agenda back in '06.

A bump.

Hey....the economy is doing great.

Stockton, CA is filing for bankruptcy.......

Hey.....the economy is doing great.

This Gold Rush-era port city, an epicenter of California's agricultural exports, will become the nation's largest city to seek protection under the U.S. bankruptcy code after its City Council on Tuesday stopped bond payments, slashed employee health and retirement benefits and adopted a day-to-day survival budget.

City Manager Bob Deis likened the process to cutting off an arm to save the body. He is expected to file bankruptcy papers immediately.

A Delta wind had scrubbed the Central Valley sky blue as residents gathered hours early for the 5:30 p.m. meeting.

Most knew what the night held; bankruptcy has been a long time coming. Stockton has been in negotiations with its creditors since late March under AB 506, a new California law requiring mediation before a municipality can file for reorganization of debt. It was the first use of the law, and policy analysts who watched its torturous and tedious progress have titled their report on it "Death by a Thousand Meetings." Mediations ended Monday at midnight.

Or......

http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/is-the-country-unraveling/?singlepage=true

The last thirty days have made it clear that Barack Obama is not going to win the 2012 election by a substantial margin. The polls still show the race near dead even with over five months, and all sorts of unforeseen events, to come. But after the Obama meltdown of April and May, I don’t think he in any way resembles the mysterious Pied Piper figure of 2008, who mesmerized and then marched the American people over the cliff. Polls change daily; gaffes and wars may come aplenty. But Barack Obama has lost the American center and now he is reduced to the argument that Mitt Romney would be even worse than he has been, as he tries to cobble together an us-versus-them 51% majority from identity groups through cancelling the Keystone Pipeline, granting blanket amnesty, ginning up the “war on women,” and flipping on gay marriage.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back