Some Dems Turning On Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Listening, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,045
    Last week the three most powerful Democrats in the state of West Virginia — Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin, Senator Joe Manchin and Rep. Nick Rahall – made a public display of turning their backs on President Obama by announcing plans to skip the Democratic National Convention.

The president lost West Virginia in 2008 and his polling there remains weak. So local Democrats have decided they have no problem embarrassing the man whose name will be on the top of their ticket in November.

The same political distancing act is on display in Pennsylvania’s 12th congressional district. Conservative Democrat Mark Critz also says he has better things to do than go to the convention. Rep. Critz said he will be working in his district instead of “focusing on the agendas of the political parties.”

In the harsh, polarized world of Washington politics, Republicans take delight in opposing every legislative proposal from President Obama.

But when the history of Obama’s first term is written, conservative Democrats will also be remembered for regularly throwing wrenches into any plans coming from this president.

Opinion: Some Dems turning on Obama - TheHill.com

That is because Obama, in his efforts to create more addicts to government programs, is pissing off the working class of the democrats.

The left can post all the spin they want. The GOP has always detested Obama because of his love of government and his willingness to wipe his ass with the constitution. But, there are many dems who've reached a breaking point.

Obama could still win the election and lose the country. It is very likely now that he will lose the senate. With that gone, he's gonna be fighting budget battles for the next four years all the while meeting resistance in his efforts to totally destroy the American Economy.

If he wins, his moron Press Secty had better be ready for four long years of hell.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Conservative

Conservative Type 40

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    this is why their party is dying.

3. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,045
    Real Clear has the Nebraska Senate seat going to the GOP hands down. Looks like the Kerry play may not work out. If you look at the list of toss-ups.....it looks good for the GOP.

Clair McKaskille won't survive in MO. where Obama has essentially abandonded his efforts and conceeded it to Romney.

I like what I see more and more each day.

4. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,045
    From the article:

A weak presidential candidate at the top of the ticket does not usually help anyone on the ticket. But in this election cycle conservative Democrats obviously see their political fortunes as separate from Obama’s.

One of those conservative Democrats, Sen. Claire McCaskill, is locked in a tough reelection fight in Missouri, a state Obama lost in 2008. In addition to backing away from the president on the budget deal, she is also backing away on immigration policy changes allowing young illegal immigrants in high school or the military to avoid deportation.

“My preference would be for Congress to resolve this issue …,” McCaskill said. “I’ll be looking at the details of this announcement closely to ensure it isn’t a magnet for illegal immigration.”

McCaskill is distancing herself from the president in the hope of persuading swing voters that she is more of an independent than a Democrat.

A Rasmussen poll taken earlier this month found McCaskill losing to her likely GOP opponent by 12 points. McCaskill needs independent voters and she does not see the Obama brand helping her cause.

5. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,628
    Shit. If I were a Dem I'd be wishing for someone else to support and vote for.

6. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,045
    Indeed,

If I were a Dem, I'd just plain s**t.

7. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,147
    What? Dems arent in lockstep? Next you're going to tell me that I'm typing on a message board! I'm shocked!

8. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,593
    Way to go, Barry! Bring as many down with you in November as you can.

9. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Obama has conceded this state to Romney? That's news to those of us who live here.

I wouldn't count McCaskill out. Especially since Steeleman, Akin, and Brunner are knuckleheads.

*edit*

Oh, and while Obama lost this state in 2008, it was by a matter of a few thousand votes. They were counting, and recounting, long after the election was over.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    PPP has a different result depending on who runs against McCaskill. Either way she's got as good a chance of winning as not.

They do love their wishful thinking.