Some Beautiful Russian Wallpaper

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Dreaming-walls-10-.jpg

I wouldn't mind having some of these on the wall behind my computer. See More @ The Gaudy Wallpapers That Give Rural Russians a Taste of the Outside World | Raw File | WIRED

That is a truly beautiful wall paper ! It is almost like they are living in a park, and I love how it looks. I have seen some wall murals that you can order online, and eventually I would love to try doing something similar to this.
I saw a kind of tropical flowers/jungle wall mural, and I was thinking if you put the mural up, and then a spacer and some lattice over the top with potted plants in front of the lattice, so you have real plants climbing the lattice, and a jungle behind; it would look very real.

Gaudy is correct but it is very beautiful . As part of a job I had as an adult I used to go in old Russian ladies [babushkas] apartments . There were lots of Russians , Armenians where I was working and everything in these old ladies apartments was brightly colored and covered in shiny plastic . Nice old Grandmas and widows for the most part and my Grandmother was one of them as I was growing up . My DAD would call my little 4'8 , 80 pound Russian Grandma and mother of 11 kids a HUNKIE [not HONKY] and it was ok as a back and forth between him and her . I tried that once , never did it again . [silly story]

Forum List

Back