somali - muslim cop shoots pajama wearing woman dead in Minnesota

many police officers have no background in law enforcement until they become a police officer. I

I had never even been arrested when I joined the police two years ago. I spent 35 years in IT. The training is pretty comprehensive and you're highly scrutinised during the probation period. In my division, police officers are always 'two-up' or more except for SGTs who are supervising.

Watching police TV shows is really terrible training for the police -- except 'Adam 12', I still learn things from that show.

P.S. My roommate in the academy was a Congonese immigrant who ultimately washed out because his English communication wasn't adequate. He had a Masters Degree in Mathematics but was unable to understand basic commands and English slang terms.

Last edited:
An officer with no background in law enforcement celebrated for being the first Somali police officer.
Several complaints in two short years and a pending lawsuit.
A fine PC hire.
What we know about Mohamed Noor, Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot Justine Damond

There is just a little flaw in your reasoning. You do realize that many police officers have no background in law enforcement until they become a police officer. It's like skydiving. Most people have no experience until they do it!
How about no educational background.
The thing is I remember this guy. The city council couldn't pat themselves on the back enough showing how inclusive the MPD is. Even after the complaints.
Bottom line is this story will disappear while everyone will still talk of Castille. This story would have lit up this board if the cop and victims race were reversed.

I had a similar experience with Denver police. Almost identical situation. In my PJ's outside my back door, with five of Denver's finest all pointing their service revolvers at me. I hesitate to call police anymore, for any reason. It beats getting traumatized and nearly shot.

An officer with no background in law enforcement celebrated for being the first Somali police officer.
A fine PC hire.
What we know about Mohamed Noor, Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot Justine Damond

There is just a little flaw in your reasoning. You do realize that many police officers have no background in law enforcement until they become a police officer. It's like skydiving. Most people have no experience until they do it!
The thing is I remember this guy. The city council couldn't pat themselves on the back enough showing how inclusive the MPD is. Even after the complaints.
Bottom line is this story will disappear while everyone will still talk of Castille. This story would have lit up this board if the cop and victims race were reversed.

Those requirements vary. In many places, only a high school diploma and graduation from a police academy are required. In others, a college degree is required or completion of a tour in the military.

My son explored become a police officer after he left the military, as that was all that the police in his area required.

A fine PC hire.

Yeah, that's another "thing". Hiring immigrants for jobs unsuited for them. Bus drivers that can't speak English. It seems that political correctness is the engine driving this moronic trend. Liberals hate cops, and perhaps this is a way of neutering police. I despise cop haters, but I have come to fear police because they seem to rely on deadly force way to often. That has to change.

HJP63Kx.png

A fine PC hire.

Yeah, that's another "thing". Hiring immigrants for jobs unsuited for them. Bus drivers that can't speak English. It seems that political correctness is the engine driving this moronic trend. Liberals hate cops, and perhaps this is a way of neutering police. I despise cop haters, but I have come to fear police because they seem to rely on deadly force way to often. That has to change.
This puts the liberal mayor Betsy Hodges in a predicament as she marched with BLM protesters after Castille. Now her prized minority officer faces scrutiny in an ironic twist.
Question remains, will there be as much outrage?
My bet is probably not.

A fine PC hire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ probably not going to change , in fact its just going to get worse in my opinion . Arm the Fifth column thats in the USA with guns and authority and make them police and Officials and they are the taxpayer paid kings men . After that and many disagree with me but the USA military may be infected by 'fifth columnists' , probably already is . The USA Military may also become a taxpayer paid 'kings' army Mary .

I feel so sorry for her loved ones.....may she RIP........to have travelled from so far..... all the way from Australia, just to be killed by a piece of scum ignorant Somali.....

Very sad.

Medical examiner: Justine Damond died from gunshot wound to abdomen
Freeman: Police bodycams should have been running Shooting victim's family 'desperate for information'

Medical examiner: Shot to abdomen caused death

Son of Justine Damond's fiancé reacts to her fatal shooting

Zach Damond, 22, whose father was to be married to Justine in August, spoke with Women's March Minnesota about the shooting of Justine Damond. Video by Pat Pheifer, Star Tribune

I have read somewhere the reason their body cams werent on is because they were in the car when the shooting happened.
--------------------------------------maybe , course the body cams shoild always be on or what good are they ?? Also heard that the cars camara was off .

Dash cams show in front of the car. Body cams show in front of the officer. I am speculating but even if they were on, what would they show? Probably nothing!
They would show something, what the person did, how they acted, maybe not everything depending where they were pointed or if they were covered by something.
the cams should be running all the time

that was the idea behind them

A fine PC hire.
Does the guy have a law enforcement degree or just the two listed and if not how did he become an offcier
No degree.
My opinion is a PC hire.
The leftist hacks in power here will do literally anything to show how MN is so inclusive and accepting regardless of the outcome.

A fine PC hire.
Does the guy have a law enforcement degree or just the two listed and if not how did he become an offcier
No degree.
My opinion is a PC hire.
The leftist hacks in power here will do literally anything to show how MN is so inclusive and accepting regardless of the outcome.
If it was a pc hire without proper degree I'd hate to be MPLS taxpayers

People (from the Western world) who want to emigrate to certain cities in the US should give the idea a second thought....a very second hard thought

This Australian woman didn't need to die.

Forum List

Back