Solyndra- Obama's new nightmare.

Oh, this looks very bad for the O admin, without doubt.

No doubt as the details of this event are unfoiled for us in the news, we will discover who the culprits are (assuming there are any, of course).

Now this company is filing for bankruptsy, so that means that in all probability the business will go on once debtors are satisfied.

Sadly, the US taxpayer is one of those debtors, so who knows how bad a hit this will be for us?

WE will see over time.

Last edited:
They gave them a loan and I know repubs hate solar but companies do get loans and fail. Remember Tarp?

Bush signed TARP... not Obama.

I knooooooooow lol

ST remember when they air dropped (I think a billion) dollars in Iraq then it went missing. That to me as fucked up but a Loan to a company that went under? It happens

if this is simply about a company going under, no harm, no foul. If this is found to be an effort to help a major supporter of the sitting President NOT lose billions of dollars as is one of the theories, then it is something big.

Furthermore, I would like to know why the taxpayer loan of a half a billion dollars was put at the END of the list of who gets reimbursed during the bankruptcy proceedings....if, in fact, such allegations are true.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Two weeks before President Bush left office, January 9th, 2009, the Energy Department's credit company made a unanimous decision not to offer a loan commitment to Solyndra." So the last thing the Bush people did was tell Solyndra "no."
The last thing "the BUSH people" did was try to get the loan approved before Obama was sworn in. Non BUSH people, civil servants on the DOE credit committee, said NO to the BUSH administration.

This was approved by Barrys administration not the Bush administration. They totally ignored the data from the DOE and PW.

Seems the only thing they were concerned with was prime time for Barry's green bs.

Once again we taxpayers get hosed by fucking idiots in our Govt.

Yeah..we must all follow that old conservative meme:

"If man were meant to fly he'd have wings".

:lol:

Oh..by the way..how much do you suppose was "wasted" by Reagan's Orbital Nuclear Platform or Bush's Missile Defense Initiative?

I'm always surprised when people get all hot under the collar about relatively small amounts of money in the face of some really huge debacles..which never get sniffed at.

and if that wasn't enough the obie guys went back and guaranteed the private holders first dibs on anything if the company went bankrupt and the taxpayer is left sucking wind.

I love how the right get's their panties in a wad about a loan guarantee, but billions in cash on a pallet disappears in Iraq and all we get is a "meh" from the right.

Why don't you make a thread about it. We're not in Iraq with this thread :cuckoo:

There's no need. I made my very valid point in this thread. ODS is alive and well...

Isn't it funny, how the right suddenly cares so much about money and fiscal responsibility? Where were you guys the last decade?

I don't doubt that both parties have engaged in this crap, that is not the point. The point is lets put a stop to it now. Obama has made numerous errors, they are not mistakes because he know exactly what he was doing so it was done on purpose. Let unload the loser and do a better job on electing a new president that will represent the will of the American people. I know full well that honesty and politicians in the same breath is an oxymoron.

I love how the right get's their panties in a wad about a loan guarantee, but billions in cash on a pallet disappears in Iraq and all we get is a "meh" from the right.

curious...the Iraq money....was it alleged that the cash was used to assist a major political supporter of the sitting President?

If not, comparing the two is nothing more than a sad attempt at a diversion.

Furthermore....

I love how the left get's their panties in a wad about billions in cash on a pallet disappears in Iraq but when it comes to discrepencies in a half a billion dollar a loan guarantee all we get is a "meh" from the left.

Why don't you make a thread about it. We're not in Iraq with this thread :cuckoo:

There's no need. I made my very valid point in this thread. ODS is alive and well...

Isn't it funny, how the right suddenly cares so much about money and fiscal responsibility? Where were you guys the last decade?

wrong...

we are concerned that the White House may have used a half a billion dollars of tax payer money to assist a major financial supporter of the sitting president.

Please do not divert from the truth of the concern of the American People.

Two weeks before President Bush left office, January 9th, 2009, the Energy Department's credit company made a unanimous decision not to offer a loan commitment to Solyndra." So the last thing the Bush people did was tell Solyndra "no."
The last thing "the BUSH people" did was try to get the loan approved before Obama was sworn in. Non BUSH people, civil servants on the DOE credit committee, said NO to the BUSH administration.

This was approved by Barrys administration not the Bush administration. They totally ignored the data from the DOE and PW.

Seems the only thing they were concerned with was prime time for Barry's green bs.

It was not approved by either administration! The same DOE credit committee of unappointed civil servants that rejected the Bush administration's push to get the loan approved before Obama took office added safeguards for the taxpayers' investment and then conditionally approved the loan in 2009. The PW audit didn't happen until 2010.

and if that wasn't enough the obie guys went back and guaranteed the private holders first dibs on anything if the company went bankrupt and the taxpayer is left sucking wind.

And the question is "why"....

I believe more than anything elese, this is going to prove to be the telling issue of what was really going on here.

wrong...

we are concerned that the White House may have used a half a billion dollars of tax payer money to assist a major financial supporter of the sitting president.

would you be concerned with farm subsidies going to congressional members also?

No doubt as the details of this event are unfoiled for us in the news, we will discover who the culprits are (assuming there are any, of course).

Now this company is filing for bankruptsy, so that means that in all probability the business will go on once debtors are satisfied.

Sadly, the US taxpayer is one of those debtors, so who knows how bad a hit this will be for us?

WE will see over time.

It's a partisan issue, filled with sound and fury..that will fizzle out..like every other "gotcha" bullshit thing that gets brought up.

It's from the same crowd that looked the other way when the Bush administration shipped tax payer cash, literally, on wooden pallets to Iraq. And in billions.

Yeah..we must all follow that old conservative meme:

"If man were meant to fly he'd have wings".

:lol:

Oh..by the way..how much do you suppose was "wasted" by Reagan's Orbital Nuclear Platform or Bush's Missile Defense Initiative?

I'm always surprised when people get all hot under the collar about relatively small amounts of money in the face of some really huge debacles..which never get sniffed at.

A Reagan deflection, that's a new one from you.......

How many of you have had to deal with a gov't agency? Was it a good experience? This is what we get and deserve when we hire incompetent people, pay them way more than they are worth and have no controls. They look at the USMB and laugh at us writing away about what is wrong because they know it has not effect on them.

wrong...

If tax payer money is used to inapproaiately assist financial backers of a sitting politician, I would want to know about it and have that politician reprimanded.

Now...on the outside, this appears to be an attrempt to keep a dying company afloat so a major financial supporter of Obama does not lose billions. His frequent visits to the White House (4) during the "decision" process smells a little fishy. The governments move to put private investors ahead of the tax payer also smells fishy. When a company that has serious financial issues requests a loan from anyone, the only way they get that loan is if they are put in "first position"...in other words, all other loans are subordinated.

But in this case, such did not happen....and that is very unusual.

Bear in mind...I made it clear that "THIS APPEARS to be the case"....but that is what hearings are all about.

Now let me ask you....are you not concerned about this?

WE will see over time.

It's a partisan issue, filled with sound and fury..that will fizzle out..like every other "gotcha" bullshit thing that gets brought up.

It's from the same crowd that looked the other way when the Bush administration shipped tax payer cash, literally, on wooden pallets to Iraq. And in billions.

was it alleged that Bush shipped that money to assist fianncial backers of his campaign?

If not, comparing it to this is inappropriate.

Misuse of tax payer funds is bad enough.

To do it to assist a financial backer of ones campaign takes it to another level.

You have it ass backwards as usual! BUSH put the rush on the loan by pushing Solyndra before a DOE credit review committee BEFORE President Obama is inaugurated. It was the credit committee, not BUSH, who sent the loan back to the DOE!!!!!!!!!!

Link? Not that I don't trust you....but you are a partisan hack.
If YOU weren't a partisan hack you would have demanded a link from WT first!

Bush admin pushed Solyndra loan guarantee for two years | Grist

January 2009: In an effort to show it has done something to support renewable energy, the Bush administration tries to take Solyndra before a DOE credit review committee just one day before President Obama is inaugurated. The committee, consisting of career civil servants with financial expertise, remands the loan back to DOE because it wasn't ready for conditional commitment.
I had alread read about what Willow Posted. Yours is crossed with "Climate Progress"....Hell, I guess I could use Fox News if your going with that. :lol:

That line of defense infuriated Republicans on a House Committee, as they blasted a pair of Obama Administration officials and argued that officials in the Bush Administration rejected the Solyndra application - but Silver said nothing was rejected.

The Department of Energy "did not reject the loan, but remanded it back for further analysis," said Silver, who repeatedly parried assertions that the move was really a rejection of the loan guarantee plan.

But Republicans weren't buying that line, arguing the Obama White House rushed to approve the plan for public relations gain, ignoring any signs that maybe Solyndra didn't have a real business plan.
"The review process took a back seat to the need to set up a photo-op for the Vice President and other Administration officials," said Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-FL), who repeatedly pressed for more answers.
Blame It On Bush | Jamie Dupree Washington Insider

Suspicions that the administration might have pushed the loan for political reasons have centered on the fact that a major investor in the company is a charitable foundation associated with George B. Kaiser, a billionaire from Tulsa, Okla., who raised $50,000 to $100,000 as a “bundler” for President Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign.
Logs show that Mr. Kaiser visited the White House on several occasions during the spring and summer of 2009, while the loan to Solyndra was being considered. Among the officials he met with were the chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, and Pete Rouse and Valerie Jarrett, both senior advisers to Mr. Obama.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/15/u...ntervention-is-questioned.html?pagewanted=all

wrong...

If tax payer money is used to inapproaiately assist financial backers of a sitting politician, I would want to know about it and have that politician reprimanded.

Now...on the outside, this appears to be an attrempt to keep a dying company afloat so a major financial supporter of Obama does not lose billions. His frequent visits to the White House (4) during the "decision" process smells a little fishy. The governments move to put private investors ahead of the tax payer also smells fishy. When a company that has serious financial issues requests a loan from anyone, the only way they get that loan is if they are put in "first position"...in other words, all other loans are subordinated.

But in this case, such did not happen....and that is very unusual.

Bear in mind...I made it clear that "THIS APPEARS to be the case"....but that is what hearings are all about.

Now let me ask you....are you not concerned about this?

As long as it has Obama's fingerprints on it, they will defend anything.

How many of you have had to deal with a gov't agency? Was it a good experience? This is what we get and deserve when we hire incompetent people, pay them way more than they are worth and have no controls. They look at the USMB and laugh at us writing away about what is wrong because they know it has not effect on them.

After 9-11 I applied for a small business loan.
Being in NYC, we were directly affected. Furthermore, local government attempts to boost the economy in NYC actually took business directly away from us...the little business we had left after 9-11....so we were ideal candidates for the loan..including a very impressive credit rating, position in the marketplace, and years of financial success.

Multiple forms, multiple back and forth mailings, requests for more information..constant promises of "you will hear from us within 30 days"...and I never got an answer.

Still, to this day.

After 9-11 I applied for a small business loan.
Being in NYC, we were directly affected. Furthermore, local government attempts to boost the economy in NYC actually took business directly away from us...the little business we had left after 9-11....so we were ideal candidates for the loan..including a very impressive credit rating, position in the marketplace, and years of financial success.

Multiple forms, multiple back and forth mailings, requests for more information..constant promises of "you will hear from us within 30 days"...and I never got an answer.

Still, to this day.

I should add....

It cost us close to $2500 in accounting and legal fees to produce the documentation they kept on asking for.....it was a constant "we need more info"....

Even my accountant said "it doesnt make sense what they are asking for"

So in the end, I never got an answer, my attorney never got a response to his request for either an answer or a refund of my professional fees to apply......so for 2500 I got nowhere.

Forum List

Back