Solyndra- Obama's new nightmare.

This is what happens people when government uses your money to do business, they are lousy at it, everything they have done along these lines is a total failure and it costs YOU.

Solyndra Loan: Now Treasury Is Launching Investigation - ABC News
The Treasury Department's inspector general has opened a new front in the investigation of the government loan to Solyndra, the now bankrupt company that had been touted as a model of President Obama's ambitious green energy program, ABC News and the Center for Public Integrity/iWatch News have learned.

The new probe involves the $535 million loan, arranged by the Energy Department, but actually processed by the Federal Financing Bank, a government lending institution that falls under Treasury's control. Already, the FBI and the Energy Department's inspector general have executed search warrants at Solyndra's headquarters and questioned company executives.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-UiHMHEAc0]ABC News:Solyndra - Failed Obama Energy Loan a Half Billion Dollar Hit to Taxpayers - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry bout that,

They gave them a loan and I know repubs hate solar but companies do get loans and fail. Remember Tarp?

1. So you are actually one who thinks Obama doesn't have a large slice of that 528 million?
2. Noted.:eusa_han

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Wait, the storry says they gave a loan and that they made a lot of trips to the white house. I saw nothing about Obama taking some for his self. Since there isn't even an allegation of it. No, I don't think he hs some because there is no proof, not even circumstantial.

Does seem very odd indeed. We give them 500 Million, they fail, and then the FBI raids the place. Are they there to find out what happened to our money or to cover up what happened to our Money.

One has to wonder.

This case Highlights one thing. The Feds are scratching their heads saying we gave them 500 Million how could they fail.

Simple. SOLAR is not viable as a profitable industry yet. Period. That is why it failed. The Chinese Produce Solar Cells for a Fraction of the Price we can, and guess what. Theirs are still not effecient enough to make Solar a viable alternative. Nothing more than a stop gap, Not an Alternative.

I think its viable, I think the business model is wrong.

this is money given not loaned to people that support Obamas campaign with monetary donations !!.....legally it is not theft ,but morally it is !! unless someone fesses up and gets cornered ...but the the white house may have insured that will not happen !!

Last edited:
They gave them a loan and I know repubs hate solar but companies do get loans and fail. Remember Tarp?
And by "they" you mean BUSH and by "them" you mean Solyndra."
Yet another BUSH fuckup blamed on everyone else but BUSH!

And no oversight over the 535 million dollar loan? This is where the Obama administration dropped the ball. Yes, the company's personell gave bucks to the Obama campaign, but it would be hard to connect the dots. I think there are dots to be connected for not having any oversight over the lost millions.....hell, red flags are flying all over the place when private companies are getting near to a bellyup...except when the books are being cooked....which is criminal.

Is this the way the feds do business? Seems really fishy to me. You libs are trying to blame Bush, but it sure looks like the Obama administration oversaw this handout.

when DOE was reviewing the Solyndra guarantee in 2009, it was well aware of the financial problems the deal posed," said Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.), chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, during a Wednesday subcommittee hearing on Solyndra.
"We have ended up with a situation of having to do rushed approvals on a couple of occasions (and we are worried about Solyndra at the end of the week)," an OMB staffer told Biden's domestic policy adviser in 2009, according to one email. "We would prefer to have sufficient time to do our due diligence reviews and have the approval set the date for the announcement rather than the other way around."
Solyndra: White House Pushes Back As House Republicans Probe Loan Guarantees

Is this the way the feds do business? Seems really fishy to me. You libs are trying to blame Bush, but it sure looks like the Obama administration oversaw this handout.

when DOE was reviewing the Solyndra guarantee in 2009, it was well aware of the financial problems the deal posed," said Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.), chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, during a Wednesday subcommittee hearing on Solyndra.
"We have ended up with a situation of having to do rushed approvals on a couple of occasions (and we are worried about Solyndra at the end of the week)," an OMB staffer told Biden's domestic policy adviser in 2009, according to one email. "We would prefer to have sufficient time to do our due diligence reviews and have the approval set the date for the announcement rather than the other way around."

Yep. Bush put a hold on it.. obie rushed it through. money vaporized.. this may be the issue,, this along with fast and furious that may bring on impeachment proceedings.

And no oversight over the 535 million dollar loan? This is where the Obama administration dropped the ball. Yes, the company's personell gave bucks to the Obama campaign, but it would be hard to connect the dots. I think there are dots to be connected for not having any oversight over the lost millions.....hell, red flags are flying all over the place when private companies are getting near to a bellyup...except when the books are being cooked....which is criminal.
Actually, no oversight is the GOP trademark. Obama restructured the original BUSH loan with added protection for the taxpayers' investment. The GOP campaign coffers were greased by the Walton family through Madrone Capital Partners to rush the BUSH loan through. That paid for
House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-MI) and House Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee Chairman Cliff Stearns (R-FL) to push the Department of Energy to spend stimulus money faster on the project Right up to 2011.

Does seem very odd indeed. We give them 500 Million, they fail, and then the FBI raids the place. Are they there to find out what happened to our money or to cover up what happened to our Money.

One has to wonder.

This case Highlights one thing. The Feds are scratching their heads saying we gave them 500 Million how could they fail.

Simple. SOLAR is not viable as a profitable industry yet. Period. That is why it failed. The Chinese Produce Solar Cells for a Fraction of the Price we can, and guess what. Theirs are still not effecient enough to make Solar a viable alternative. Nothing more than a stop gap, Not an Alternative.

I think its viable, I think the business model is wrong.

It's Viable on a much smaller scale than what some people would have us think. Up here in Michigan we have a lot of homes with Solar Cells on them, that instead of Making Electricity, are used to heat water.

The point really is, that Obama is trying to force the Industry to be Viable before it's ready.

Actually, no oversight is the GOP trademark. Obama restructured the original BUSH loan with added protection for the taxpayers' investment. The GOP campaign coffers were greased by the Walton family through Madrone Capital Partners to rush the BUSH loan through. That paid for
House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-MI) and House Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee Chairman Cliff Stearns (R-FL) to push the Department of Energy to spend stimulus money faster on the project Right up to 2011.

Lies, Straight up. 2 weeks before Obama took office, the Bush Administration Denied the company a loan, then the reapplied when the Stimulus passed and the Obama Administration gave them it.

You guys are not going to blame this one on republicans.

Yep. Bush put a hold on it.. obie rushed it through. money vaporized.. this may be the issue,, this along with fast and furious that may bring on impeachment proceedings.
You have it ass backwards as usual! BUSH put the rush on the loan by pushing Solyndra before a DOE credit review committee BEFORE President Obama is inaugurated. It was the credit committee, not BUSH, who sent the loan back to the DOE!!!!!!!!!!

Lies, Straight up. 2 weeks before Obama took office, the Bush Administration Denied the company a loan, then the reapplied when the Stimulus passed and the Obama Administration gave them it.

You guys are not going to blame this one on republicans.
BULLFUCKINGSHIT!!!!!

Bush took Solyndra before a DOE credit review committee made up of career civil servents with financial expertise who were NOT administration appointees, and THEY are the ones who denied the BUSH administration loan!!!!!

Last edited:
Didn't congress actually leglislate giving the oney to the company?
Last I heard the house was actually responsible for handing out money.

Was this handed out before or after the repubs took control of the house?

Forum List

Back