Solution to Marriage Issues

Which side capitulates? The 'pro-traditional marriage' side? You still get it. The only change is that your tax breaks are not based on it but rather a civil union.

Like I said. "We get everything we want, and you get the meaningless victory of keeping the word to yourself, so that means it's a 'compromise'".

I'd like to say it's a nice try, but it still isn't.

Like I said. "We get everything we want, and you get the meaningless victory of keeping the word to yourself, so that means it's a 'compromise'".

I'd like to say it's a nice try, but it still isn't.

Do you really want the government controlling what is a marriage and what isn't?

I don't because I think it is fundamentally a church issue for me. My wife and I were married in a Christian church before God. It just so happens that the government recognizes our union in terms of taxes by the name 'marriage' as well. What is your objection to that?

Do you really want the government controlling what is a marriage and what isn't?

I don't because I think it is fundamentally a church issue for me. My wife and I were married in a Christian church before God. It just so happens that the government recognizes our union in terms of taxes by the name 'marriage' as well. What is your objection to that?

The government doesn't control what is a marriage and what isn't, nor can it. What it controls is what it will RECOGNIZE as a marriage, and who besides the government can control what the government itself will do?

I think it's utterly nonsensical and reveals a complete lack of any real thought on the topic to call it a "church issue". Is that supposed to mean that the millions of secular, if not atheist, people in the US aren't married? I suspect they would disagree with you. Also, trying to define marriage as a "church issue" is a blind used to try to define all those opposed to redefining marriage as "religious fanatics", and way too many people who want to be moral on one hand and "nice" on the other fall for it because they just aren't thinking.

I have no objection to your personal recognition of your marriage, nor of the government's recognition. But you need to seriously clue in to what's really going on with this topic, instead of just spewing warm, fuzzy phrases that make you feel good about yourself.

Forum List

Back