Solution to Marriage Issues

Hitler didn't fail.

He was having great success untill outside forces interfered.

Though the cute fuzzy did already point out the logic, he still failed and would have even if outside forces had not interfered. There were many gays and Jews hiding out IN his military. Almost an entire unit deserted because most were gays and Jews and just used being in the military as a chance to get close enough to enemy lines so they could escape.

That's what you believe, until you can provide something to back up your opinion, it's not fact.

Prove that homosexuality is an illness requiring a cure. Is there a biological basis to homosexuality? Prove it.

Until then, it's just your opinion.

Homophobia is considered an attitude or psychological condition. Homophobia defined as fear and disgust of homosexuals.

"To assess the emotional constructs behind homophobia, the UA researchers asked 138 participants to complete a series of surveys. These included the Index of Attitudes toward Homosexuals (IAH), the Sexual Attitude Scale, the Disgust Emotion Scale, the Padua Inventory - which assesses contamination obsessions - and three questionnaires that measured levels of fear and anxiety.

Statistical analysis of the results showed a negative correlation between attitudes about homosexuals and measures of fear or anxiety. However, results from the Index of Attitudes toward Homosexuals was positively correlated with results from the Sexual Attitude Scale, the Disgust Emotion Scale and the Padua Inventory. In other words, subjects who showed homophobic tendencies on the IAH also displayed conservative sexual attitudes, elevated levels of disgust and dread of contamination.

To assess the emotional constructs behind homophobia, the UA researchers asked 138 participants to complete a series of surveys. These included the Index of Attitudes toward Homosexuals (IAH), the Sexual Attitude Scale, the Disgust Emotion Scale, the Padua Inventory - which assesses contamination obsessions - and three questionnaires that measured levels of fear and anxiety.

Statistical analysis of the results showed a negative correlation between attitudes about homosexuals and measures of fear or anxiety. However, results from the Index of Attitudes toward Homosexuals was positively correlated with results from the Sexual Attitude Scale, the Disgust Emotion Scale and the Padua Inventory. In other words, subjects who showed homophobic tendencies on the IAH also displayed conservative sexual attitudes, elevated levels of disgust and dread of contamination."

http://www.altpenis.com/penis_news/20020509222641data_trunc_sys.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes. It raises the hairs on the back of my neck when you say that gays were 'cured'.

Perhaps, some find that they are more easily able to let go of their identity as gay or lesbian, and no longer have interest in a same sex relationship. The 'cure' term implies an illness. Homosexuality is not considered a medical disorder, a psychological condition or a disease of any kind.

IMO sexual identity is more fluid than any of us realize, and sexuality is on a continuum. Some people are 100% heterosexual, some are 100% homosexual and some are bi-sexual or could go either way.

Rather than getting stuck on the sexual part, it's the capacity to love that's really the point.

It was in America, up until the 70's and it still is in many other countries.

No. They pretty much stopped studying homosexuality in the 70's when it was taken off the disorder list. My book is from the late 90's.

So you just made up your own theory that homosexuality has a neurobiological cause? Or you're just raising the question that it could be?

If it is, then its not a choice, is it?

So you just made up your own theory that homosexuality has a neurobiological cause.

Yes, I did. remember the "I believe" part of my post? I think it would be interesting to do some research in that area, it won't be done though because people like you don't want to find any thing different in the brain of homosexuals.

I never presented it as fact...you are the one who attacked me for daring to come up with the idea.

There is so much about our brains that we don't know. Heck, depression can be a physical problem in the brain, why not homosexuality?

I even discussed if there were a cure, the question of whether or not someone should or would take it. Either you don't listen too well, or you just want anybody who doesn't accept homosexuality as being "normal" to fit within your definitions of "hateful".

Yes, I did. remember the "I believe" part of my post? I think it would be interesting to do some research in that area, it won't be done though because people like you don't want to find any thing different in the brain of homosexuals.

I never presented it as fact...you are the one who attacked me for daring to come up with the idea.

There is so much about our brains that we don't know. Heck, depression can be a physical problem in the brain, why not homosexuality?

I even discussed if there were a cure, the question of whether or not someone should or would take it. Either you don't listen too well, or you just want anybody who doesn't accept homosexuality as being "normal" to fit within your definitions of "hateful".

Sheila-

I am discussing this topic and every time I challenge one of your ideas you say you've been attacked.

How do you know that 'people like me' don't expect to find something different in the brains of homosexuals? I personally think there is something in the DNA of gay people. Homosexuality tends to run in families.

Rather than seeing that phenomena as a disease or sickness, I see there may be a biological component, but I expect it will be found to be genetic.

Is it abnormal to be left handed? We used to think so, and we used to condemn left handed people and force them to be right handed. We thought they were sinful and evil--the same thing bigoted people currently assume about gays and lesbians.

You assume that just because something occurs less frequently in nature that makes it abnormal.

I challenge that assumption. It comes with a judgment that there is some ultimate standard of 'normality'.

Instead, it just shows your biased attitude toward other human beings, just like you, who want to be happy and who are different from you.

Prove that homosexuality is an illness requiring a cure. Is there a biological basis to homosexuality? Prove it.Until then, it's just your opinion.

Homophobia is considered an attitude or psychological condition. Homophobia defined as fear and disgust of homosexuals.

"To assess the emotional constructs behind homophobia, the UA researchers asked 138 participants to complete a series of surveys. These included the Index of Attitudes toward Homosexuals (IAH), the Sexual Attitude Scale, the Disgust Emotion Scale, the Padua Inventory - which assesses contamination obsessions - and three questionnaires that measured levels of fear and anxiety.

Statistical analysis of the results showed a negative correlation between attitudes about homosexuals and measures of fear or anxiety. However, results from the Index of Attitudes toward Homosexuals was positively correlated with results from the Sexual Attitude Scale, the Disgust Emotion Scale and the Padua Inventory. In other words, subjects who showed homophobic tendencies on the IAH also displayed conservative sexual attitudes, elevated levels of disgust and dread of contamination.

To assess the emotional constructs behind homophobia, the UA researchers asked 138 participants to complete a series of surveys. These included the Index of Attitudes toward Homosexuals (IAH), the Sexual Attitude Scale, the Disgust Emotion Scale, the Padua Inventory - which assesses contamination obsessions - and three questionnaires that measured levels of fear and anxiety.

Statistical analysis of the results showed a negative correlation between attitudes about homosexuals and measures of fear or anxiety. However, results from the Index of Attitudes toward Homosexuals was positively correlated with results from the Sexual Attitude Scale, the Disgust Emotion Scale and the Padua Inventory. In other words, subjects who showed homophobic tendencies on the IAH also displayed conservative sexual attitudes, elevated levels of disgust and dread of contamination."

Homophobia An Attitude, Not A Phobia

Um, Sky, I said homosexuality isn't "normal". I also said "I believe" that it may be neurobiological. I don't have to provide proof of my opinions. My opinion may never be proved one way or another because it's too controversial and people like you would get all up in arms.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, afraid of homosexuals. One of my best friends is a homosexual. I had to laugh one day when I'd said homosexual behavior was a "choice" and he later said my son "chose" to be heterosexual. :lol: How can heterosexuality be a choice if homosexuality isn't? I won the discussion that day.

Guess who caught the bouquet at my wedding? Yep, my husband's gay cousin's girlfriend.

If you can't discuss a subject without hatred, then maybe you shouldn't be discussing it?

Sheila-

I am discussing this topic and every time I challenge one of your ideas you say you've been attacked.

How do you know that 'people like me' don't expect to find something different in the brains of homosexuals? I personally think there is something in the DNA of gay people. Homosxuality tends to run in families.

Rather than seeing that as a disease or sickness, I see there may be a biological component, but I expect it will be found to be genetic.

Is it abnormal to be left handed?

You assume that just because something occurs less frequently in nature that makes it abnormal.

I challenge that assumption. It comes with a judgment that there is some ultimate standard of 'normality'.

Instead, it just shows your biased attitude toward other human beings, just like you, who want to be happy and who are different from you.

Yes, it is abnormal or not "normal" to be left handed. Say what you want there is a measurement of "normal" in our society. It's basically a bell curve. Now is it good or bad to be on either end? I don't know, that's not for me to decide. Nobody in my family is "normal" anyway, that's why I keep putting it in quotations.

Um, Sky, I said homosexuality isn't "normal". I also said "I believe" that it may be neurobiological. I don't have to provide proof of my opinions. My opinion may never be proved one way or another because it's too controversial and people like you would get all up in arms.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, afraid of homosexuals. One of my best friends is a homosexual. I had to laugh one day when I'd said homosexual behavior was a "choice" and he later said my son "chose" to be heterosexual. :lol: How can heterosexuality be a choice if homosexuality isn't? I won the discussion that day.

Guess who caught the bouquet at my wedding? Yep, my husband's gay cousin's girlfriend.

If you can't discuss a subject without hatred, then maybe you shouldn't be discussing it?

You're calling me a hater? You're referring to me as 'people like you'?

Your attitude is that homosexuals are not normal. There is no evidence that homosexuals and lesbians are anything other than normal human beings just like you. We just happen to be attracted to and love partners of the same sex.

I think there may be a genetic component, but it hasn't been conclusively proven one way or the other.

The terms 'normal' and 'abnormal' are loaded. I object to your use of that term.

If you want to label me a 'hater' for doing so, so be it. Frankly, I think the labels 'hater', 'people like you', 'normal' and 'abnormal' are counter-productive to this discussion.

Gays and lesbians are normal human beings just like you.

Man, you really have a problem with being not- "normal", don't you?

If gays and lesbians were normal than the majority of our population would be gay and lesbian. It's not. Get over it.

I'm not "normal" either, and for entirely different reasons. I don't care.

Man, you really have a problem with being not- "normal", don't you?

If gays and lesbians were normal than the majority of our population would be gay and lesbian. It's not. Get over it.

I'm not "normal" either, and for entirely different reasons. I don't care.

You don't have to care. You call yourself 'normal' for being heterosexual. Some cultures do not consider homosexuality abnormal.

Is left handedness abnormal?

Abnormal is a term left over from the days when homosexuality was considered a disorder. Homosexuality is no longer considered abnormal, either medically or psychologically.

You're calling me a hater? You're referring to me as 'people like you'?

Your attitude is that homosexuals are not normal. There is no evidence that homosexuals and lesbians are anything other than normal human beings just like you. We just happen to be attracted to and love partners of the same sex.

I think there may be a genetic component, but it hasn't been conclusively proven one way or the other.

The terms 'normal' and 'abnormal' are loaded. I object to your use of that term.

If you want to label me a 'hater' for doing so, so be it. Frankly, I think the labels 'hater', 'people like you', 'normal' and 'abnormal' are counter-productive to this discussion.

Maybe hatred is too strong a word, maybe "anger?" You do seem to have a problem discussing this and try to take everything I say as an attack on gays and lesbians. remember when I left the War on Christmas thread? It was because I kept getting mad at you. Maybe this time, you need to leave and cool off.

I don't think you can discuss gays without the word "normal" coming up.

Not being normal is not a curse.

As for "people like you", I'll apologize for that one. I'm not sure what I should have said instead, but I can see how that can be taken as an insult. Sorry.

You don't have to care. You call yourself 'normal' for being heterosexual. Some cultures do not consider homosexuality abnormal.

Is left handedness abnormal?

I never called myself normal, in fact I said was wasn't "normal".

Yes, being left handed is abnormal.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back