Soldiers In Afghanistan Burn Annoying Bill O’Reilly Books Someone Sent

And another neg rep from Coward Girl, who understandably has steered clear of defending her bullshit.

Some of us have to work.... to pay taxes so lazy asses like you don't have to. You're welcome.
Hookers pay taxes? Who knew?

Ever notice that no matter what the fuck the topic is, California Girl always has a load of 'been there done that' expertise to roll out?

That is classic pathological lying. You talk about the military, all of the sudden she's got a hundred military friends and relatives.

Bring up scuba diving and she'll suddenly be Lloyd Bridges' granddaughter. :lol::lol::lol:

And its the instinct of the left to burn books, and to glorify the burning of books of those who they disagree with. There was another famous lefty who did the same thing.

2865398363_ba996e4e0d.jpg

Take it up with all those Lefty soldiers. :lol:

Well, see they were not burning the books for the reason you said or implied they did. And they weren't burnt for the reason you wanted them to be burnt for. You also forgot to mention the guy kept one for the bookshelf. Why ?

where did I say that, moron? Now be careful before you make a complete ass out of yourself.

Some of us have to work.... to pay taxes so lazy asses like you don't have to. You're welcome.

Ever notice that no matter what the fuck the topic is, California Girl always has a load of 'been there done that' expertise to roll out?

That is classic pathological lying. You talk about the military, all of the sudden she's got a hundred military friends and relatives.

Bring up scuba diving and she'll suddenly be Lloyd Bridges' granddaughter. :lol::lol::lol:
She's a 'writer', and writers write what they know, so I guess she's writing an encyclopedia.
no.gif

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Take it up with all those Lefty soldiers. :lol:

Well, see they were not burning the books for the reason you said or implied they did. And they weren't burnt for the reason you wanted them to be burnt for. You also forgot to mention the guy kept one for the bookshelf. Why ?

where did I say that, moron? Now be careful before you make a complete ass out of yourself.

Who you calling moron ? you are the one who tried to look clever and instead made your self look stupid fuck face. Don't get pissy with me because you did not read all of your little blog there.

I always found some of the things people sent us to be weird. Stick with the edibles and light reading material. I can only imagine some goofball in America somewhere thought they were doing a great service by sending a gillion copies of O'Reilly's book to the troops.

In reality, most of the rank and file is not terribly political and if they have the time to read they'd just as soon read something with pictures in it. Preferably pictures of scantily clad women.

I always found some of the things people sent us to be weird. Stick with the edibles and light reading material. I can only imagine some goofball in America somewhere thought they were doing a great service by sending a gillion copies of O'Reilly's book to the troops.

In reality, most of the rank and file is not terribly political and if they have the time to read they'd just as soon read something with pictures in it. Preferably pictures of scantily clad women.

This is true. Most dont have time to sit read a book. Now candy bars, and sweet consumables are the shit. I knew a guy who requested scharmen in care packages from home.

This is true. Most dont have time to sit read a book. Now candy bars, and sweet consumables are the shit. I knew a guy who requested scharmen in care packages from home.

And logs of Copenhagen.

I get the feeling that these people who think the military is some sort of "Young Republicans" convention (or whatever other ideology) haven't been around that many soldiers.

It's probably why people are continually making silly predictions about the military (i.e. "There will be anarchy in the ranks if we let openly homosexual soldiers to serve!")

She is a sad little girl for sure

Who you calling moron ? you are the one who tried to look clever and instead made your self look stupid fuck face. Don't get pissy with me because you did not read all of your little blog there.
I am calling you a moron, because you are attributing the soldier's words to me.

And logs of Copenhagen.

I get the feeling that these people who think the military is some sort of "Young Republicans" convention (or whatever other ideology) haven't been around that many soldiers.

It's probably why people are continually making silly predictions about the military (i.e. "There will be anarchy in the ranks if we let openly homosexual soldiers to serve!")

Bleagck, "cope". I was a smoker. I was not a soldier, but a sailor, and an average day was comparable to collage or high school. If you were not moving long enough to read then you were sleeping or eating. Very few I knew dithered on politics much. And thees guys have not getting killed to worry about as well.

What is annoying about the OP is the bolded statement and implication that the soldiers went out of the way to burn Orielly books. The link has nothing to do with it. As Cali Girl and the story both noted, the troops have to burn extra paper on a regular basis, whether it is the wisdom of Limbuagh or the wisdom of Marx or the Wisdom of Josephus Daniels. The best you can say for your headline is that it was deceitful.

You had a legitimate complaint. Folks send exactly the wrong stuff . YOu went on an unrelated tear on Oreilly.

You earn bad rep by this kind of thing. Enjoy it.

I am calling you a moron, because you are attributing the soldier's words to me.

No, I made an assumption based on your cut and past of the soldiers words. I compared you to Hitler, not the soldier .

You guys are talking shit about Hitler because these troops burned these crappy books.

real classy

Soldiers In Afghanistan Burn Annoying Bill O’Reilly Books Someone Sent

Some misguided wingnut (whoops, that’s a redunderancy there!) thought that the most critical entertainment items to mail all the way overseas to a bunch of U.S. troops stationed in Bumblefuck, Afghanistan were a couple boxes of crazed loofah-humper Bill O’Reilly’s book Pinheads and Patriots, presumably on the assumption that soldiers would enjoy masturbating to O’Reilly’s noxious screeds just as much as right-wing idiots. Wrong! Instead, the soldiers did the sensible thing and set them on fire. From the Everqueer tumblr, which is maintained by an anonymous soldier:

Some jerk sent us two boxes of this awful book (SPOILER ALERT: George Washington – Patriot; George Soros – Pinhead) instead of anything soldiers at a remote outpost in Afghanistan might need, like, say, food or soap. Just burned the whole lot of them on my Commander’s orders.

The soldier later noted that this was mostly to preserve space, but that, eh, he still enjoyed burning them.

The motivation behind the order to burn them was not political. As mentioned in the original post, we are in an extraordinarily remote location. We don’t have a post office here, so sending them back wasn’t an option. Extra space is scarce and alternatives that a few mentioned, like recycling, are nonexistent. All waste is burned on the base and in town; wood and paper goes in that barrel. I was getting rid of a bunch of cardboard boxes and the books were in the burn pile. There were 20 of them. I saved one for the bookshelf. I’m aware of the historical implications of book-burning. I won’t say I didn’t take pleasure in removing a few copies of this bigoted twerp’s writings from circulation, but the reason for doing so was military necessity.

Sure sure, “military necessity,” but it would have been fine just to say it was because Bill O’Reilly is a “bigoted twerp,” because that’s all that needs to be said.

they enjoyed burning them

From the article

"There were 20 of them. I saved one for the bookshelf. I’m aware of the historical implications of book-burning".

I think you get revved up at books being burned. Is your dogs name Adolf ?

From the article

"There were 20 of them. I saved one for the bookshelf. I’m aware of the historical implications of book-burning".

I think you get revved up at books being burned. Is your dogs name Adolf ?
And I pasted that, too, didn't I?

Again, for the totally clueless: Everything in the OP is from the article that I got it from - nothing added by me.

Got a gripe? (of course you do!) Take it up with them.

What's your background, asshole? Seems all you do is "wax-poetic" with your theories. Military/government affairs experience? Or, just sitting around the trailer in a bathrobe playing with yourself?

Forum List

Back