Soldier in Pink Boxers Rushes to Defend His Unit

So who thinks he's anything special, other than for being caught well and truly wearing pink undies? The whole story accepts the funny side of it and if you can't see that Gate's statement was totally tongue in cheek, then you need a humour transplant.

The special kind of courage referred to is the fact that he wore PINK underpants in a combat zone, and got caught with his pants down. Nothing more.

Since you've either missed the post, or have reading comprehension problems, let me refer you to Post #15.

Arrogant SOB aren't you sonny! Why not go forth and multiply.

Not really. I just refuse to hold anyones hand.

I clearly said, plain as day, that I understood the entertainment value.

I would hardly think its my fault that you missed that.

Since you've either missed the post, or have reading comprehension problems, let me refer you to Post #15.

Didn't miss it. Neither did I miss what you followed it up with:

Though I see the entertainment value, I just dont see why everyone thinks this guy is something special. He did his job, what he was trained to do.
:cuckoo:

Thank the media. I don't see him standing there with a sign that says "Look at me". It's more entertaining than giving him kudos.

So the SecDef put some positive spin on the story? You one of those can't can't stand good news, positive spin or entertainment just for the sake of it?

Baseless assumptions are fun aren't they? Moron.

For the record, I come from a military family. I've had family members serve in both World Wars and Vietnam. A couple have paid the ultimate sacrifice. I'm pro-military through and through.

But for you to think that you had me pegged because of two comments, makes you...well...an idiot.

Though I see the entertainment value, I just dont see why everyone thinks this guy is something special. He did his job, what he was trained to do.

You are just TOO easy. I assumed NOTHING. I asked. When you get done wiping THAT egg off your face, if you want to try and play with me, you better trying loading your fucking weapon first.

You are exactly correct. He did his job. The entertainment value is that he was prepared to engage in combat in his pink skivvy shorts.

Now if you want to discuss why people might think his doing his job is something special, look around you at the society we live that seems to be chock full of people who work harder trying to get out of work than if they just went ahead and did it. It's a sad commentary on the times we live in that people would think someone is special just doing what they are supposed to.
Q: What do you do when brewerboi throws a grenade at you?

A: Pull out the pin and throw it back!

If you didnt miss it, then what was the point in post #18? which was obviously directed at me

For the record, I come from a military family. I've had family members serve in both World Wars and Vietnam. A couple have paid the ultimate sacrifice. I'm pro-military through and through.

But for you to think that you had me pegged because of two comments, makes you...well...an idiot.

You are just TOO easy. I assumed NOTHING. I asked. When you get done wiping THAT egg off your face, if you want to try and play with me, you better trying loading your fucking weapon first.

You are exactly correct. He did his job. The entertainment value is that he was prepared to engage in combat in his pink skivvy shorts.

Now if you want to discuss why people might think his doing his job is something special, look around you at the society we live that seems to be chock full of people who work harder trying to get out of work than if they just went ahead and did it. It's a sad commentary on the times we live in that people would think someone is special just doing what they are supposed to.

Good sir, I'm just getting warmed up

:tongue:

blah...blah..blah... I just dont see why everyone thinks this guy is something special. He did his job, what he was trained to do.
Who said he was?

(sigh)

In fact, Gates said he wants to meet the soldier and shake his hand the next time he visits Afghanistan.

"Any soldier who goes into battle against the Taliban in pink boxers and flip-flops has a special kind of courage," Gates said in remarks prepared for a speech in New York.

It would appear that Gates sure does.

*yawn*

If you didnt miss it, then what was the point in post #18? which was obviously directed at me

Doh. The boy don't get it. Never mind. I've made my point. Nothing you've said since is worth the effort of further dialogue.

blah...blah..blah... I just dont see why everyone thinks this guy is something special. He did his job, what he was trained to do.
Who said he was?

(sigh)

In fact, Gates said he wants to meet the soldier and shake his hand the next time he visits Afghanistan.

"Any soldier who goes into battle against the Taliban in pink boxers and flip-flops has a special kind of courage," Gates said in remarks prepared for a speech in New York.

*yawn*
wow...ummmm....jeesh. It appears to me that Gates is in a joking mood.

Keep yawning though, it may draw more oxygen to your brain.

Who said he was?

(sigh)

*yawn*
wow...ummmm....jeesh. It appears to me that Gates is in a joking mood.

Keep yawning though, it may draw more oxygen to your brain.

Awww, how cute.

Doh. The boy don't get it. Never mind. I've made my point. Nothing you've said since is worth the effort of further dialogue.

Good lord dude. I get what you're saying.

But do you really think that this dude is soooo sweet that Gates really needs to meet with him on the next trip? I'm sure there are many others who are totally more deserving. Thats MY point

Who said he was?

(sigh)

*yawn*

How many times do you have to be told. Obviously you are unable to sort out the tongue in cheek from the serious. Jeez! Read my lips. Gates was taking the piss out of his pink boxers. Not praising him for doing anything but his job. Now take your arrogant and snide remarks outa here. Seems you're the only one not getting it. I wonder why.

Sorry dude, because you put a ? on your assumptions doesnt mean they are anything but. I'm willing to bet that thats the first thing to pop into your mind after reading my post. Lets see how intelectually honest you are on this.

Agree with the rest of your post.

It means I purposefully did not assume and asked a question since I DON'T know you. You accuse me of assuming when it's YOU reading into my statement, not the other way around.

I askd a question looking for an answer. Nothing more to it than that.

Good sir, I'm just getting warmed up

:tongue:

Well, cool off. You obviously misunderstood and I see no reason to belabor the point.

Who said he was?

(sigh)

*yawn*

How many times do you have to be told. Obviously you are unable to sort out the tongue in cheek from the serious. Jeez! Read my lips. Gates was taking the piss out of his pink boxers. Not praising him for doing anything but his job. Now take your arrogant and snide remarks outa here. Seems you're the only one not getting it. I wonder why.

If only you read through ALL the posts (like the one above your last waste-o-space) and realize that I get what you're saying.

Now, use some fucking logical deduction and figure out that if Gates wants to meet with this dude and shake his hand, he obviously thinks hes special to some degree (or thinks its a hell of a photo op, idk). ESPECIALLY since I think we both know that there are other soldiers who are more deserving of a visit by the Sec. of Defense.

Now reach down ur pants REAL DEEP, and untwist them panties.

Jesus.

Sorry dude, because you put a ? on your assumptions doesnt mean they are anything but. I'm willing to bet that thats the first thing to pop into your mind after reading my post. Lets see how intelectually honest you are on this.

Agree with the rest of your post.

It means I purposefully did not assume and asked a question since I DON'T know you. You accuse me of assuming when it's YOU reading into my statement, not the other way around.

I askd a question looking for an answer. Nothing more to it than that.

Well I think thats a load of BS, but I guess we'll just have to disagree.

(sigh)

*yawn*

If only you read through ALL the posts (like the one above your last waste-o-space) and realize that I get what you're saying.

Now, use some fucking logical deduction and figure out that if Gates wants to meet with this dude and shake his hand, he obviously thinks hes special to some degree (or thinks its a hell of a photo op, idk). ESPECIALLY since I think we both know that there are other soldiers who are more deserving of a visit by the Sec. of Defense.

Now reach down ur pants REAL DEEP, and untwist them panties.

Jesus.

Oh. You got tourettes syndrome too!

Forum List

Back