Solar Cells converts Co2 into hydrocarbon fuel

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
=
solarfuel.jpg

Researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago have engineered a potentially game-changing solar cell that cheaply and efficiently converts atmospheric carbon dioxide directly into usable hydrocarbon fuel, using only sunlight for energy. The finding is reported in the July 29 issue of Science and was funded by the National Science...

Awesome!!!!

Do you think a huge verison of this could be built and transported by balloon just above the cloud tops of venus? Imagine if we could convert all that co2 to hydrocarbon fuel!

=
solarfuel.jpg

Researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago have engineered a potentially game-changing solar cell that cheaply and efficiently converts atmospheric carbon dioxide directly into usable hydrocarbon fuel, using only sunlight for energy. The finding is reported in the July 29 issue of Science and was funded by the National Science...

Awesome!!!!

Do you think a huge verison of this could be built and transported by balloon just above the cloud tops of venus? Imagine if we could convert all that co2 to hydrocarbon fuel!

With what water?

... And how would we cost effectively transport it here? Or even better why would we? It would upset the carbon balance of our own planet. You dumb bastard...

Last edited:
  • Banned
... And how would we cost effectively transport it here? Or even better why would we? It would upset the carbon balance of our own planet. You dumb bastard...

Maybe we could use ion drive and transport it on freighters a lot like we transport oils on oil ocean freighters today...We could have long rubber hoses going from the ocean filled with hydrocarbon to the airships in which such freighters would dock. I am talking about dozens of these floating air ships with dozens of freighters going back and forth between the planets.

Venus could have oceans of this stuff. I don't know how deep but it would be impressive.

How exactly would we destroy the carbon balance of our planet if we use it on venus? I could understand what you're saying if we used it on earth.

Ureka!

AGW fixed...

I wonder what the AGW cult will bitch about next for social economic engineering

Maybe we could use ion drive and transport it on freighters a lot like we transport oils on oil ocean freighters today...We could have long rubber hoses going from the ocean filled with hydrocarbon to the airships in which such freighters would dock. I am talking about dozens of these floating air ships with dozens of freighters going back and forth between the planets.

Venus could have oceans of this stuff. I don't know how deep but it would be impressive.

How exactly would we destroy the carbon balance of our planet if we use it on venus? I could understand what you're saying if we used it on earth.

No hydrogen on Venus. DERP!

• Banned

Would it be possible to have another hose be ran upwards into space as, "hydrogen makes up more than 90 percent of all of the atoms, which equals three quarters of the mass of the universe, according to the Los Alamos National Laboratory." Facts About Hydrogen

Would it be possible to have another hose be ran upwards into space as, "hydrogen makes up more than 90 percent of all of the atoms, which equals three quarters of the mass of the universe, according to the Los Alamos National Laboratory." Facts About Hydrogen

LOL!
You're funny.

LOL!
You're funny.

How would we get the hydrogen? What would you do if you were put in charge of making this possible.

LOL!
You're funny.

How would we get the hydrogen? What would you do if you were put in charge of making this possible.

We wouldn't get the hydrogen. It's a stupid idea.

Forum List

Back