"Sock"

Un4g1vng0dZ

Mar 28, 2017
I recently learned this term.. lol I'm new to this type of forum... I was being accused of being one... Besides have being banned what would the point in this be? Is it a no- lifer type of thing or do people just like going around on peoples posts and screaming wolf for fun?

For some..its fun.

You are not far out from high school. Remember that place? Well...you are back, but they are all older now. And meaner.

Just be yourself and either fight back or choose to ignore. Personally, I prefer the ignore. It makes visiting the board much more pleasant.

I'm not crying lol I can handle myself. . Just curious to the point of people actually creating a sock..

I recently learned this term.. lol I'm new to this type of forum... I was being accused of being one... Besides have being banned what would the point in this be? Is it a no- lifer type of thing or do people just like going around on peoples posts and screaming wolf for fun?

Hi
especially when members get banned they can come back as socks.

some use that to "troll" other people, pretending to have someone agree with them, or ganging up where "two people" go after another (but are really the same person).

[I've been on a site where that's all some of the members did on there, just create "sock/puppet" accounts, joke with each other, and try to guess or "out" whose account was really who until everyone lost track. And yes, it caused problems when "new members" were ACCUSED of being the 'sock' of another user.

So on this forum, no multiple accounts are allowed at all. Overall it prevents from inviting this kind of confusion and drama. For some people, that's all they want to do is troll, bait and game other people for fun online.]

If you have questions about the forum, moderation, or rules, you may post under "feedback and announcements" or PM to any Moderator/Staff Member.

I will check if this question should be moved to feedback, since it involves the forum itself.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy USMB.
If you haven't posted an "Introduction" thread, please do so and tell us a little more about yourself, your interests, and what you enjoy or what you are looking for.

If I know more about your background or interests, I can try to refer members to you.

You can also start a group here, and if you are into indy media, you can set up a podcast for your own members group.

Take care and enjoy!

I'm not crying lol I can handle myself. . Just curious to the point of people actually creating a sock..
I would love to have an alter ego. One that’s anti abortion anti global warming trickle down Christian conservative homophobe gun nut and then one who’s the real me.

I would even argue with myself and the republican would have to answer my questions when other republicans use the tactic of changing the subject.

Forum List

Back