Soccer players coulnt make it in American football

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
They are too small -too slow -too unathletic

Best athletes play football, basketball, baseball

They did introduce soccer-sytle placeking in American football

(hard to imagine the straight-on place-kicking method today.................................................

Futball players are some of the most conditioned athletes in the world. The game Americans call "soccer" is a different sport altogether, and cannot truly be compared. Not a very good post.

(hard to imagine the straight-on place-kicking method today.................................................
The best athletes play hockey.

Most pro soccer players couldn't make it at the college level.

American Football Players couldn't make it in Soccer either because it's a different skill set and that's not what they train for.

Weight Lifters couldn't make it in the Cross Fit Games.

Golfers couldn't make it in Basketball.

The list goes on and on.

Soccer players are amazing athletes. There's a reason its the most popular sport on earth. Guys like Cristiano Ronaldo, Xavi Hernandez, Mario Balotelli, Lionel Messi etc. are world class athletes, obviously. Just because theyre not bulked up meatheads like alot of American athletes doesn't mean theyre not as athletic.

I was never a soccer fan. But....as the father of a girl who is a HS soccer goalie..........I can tell you that those who play that game are anything but slow. And the girls........are just fucking tough as nails.

The best athletes play hockey.

Most pro soccer players couldn't make it at the college level.

Well said. Hockey players are by far the best athletes. You have to learn how to skate (you don't have to learn how to run/jump), stickhandle, play up to 40 mins (defensemen)-yes 40 minutes, longer than most baseball, basketball, and football players. And on top of that it's physical, you have to read plays/keep up with the pace, and be able to capitalize on the other team's mistakes.

It's absolutely the toughest in terms of athletic talent, and skill. And with a 82 game schedule in the NHL, with 4 best of 7 playoff rounds after, I'd argue it's the most physically demanding over the course of a season.

Really?

big+daddy.jpg

Aaaaaaaand...now we know something about YOU.

What? i dont get it.

That you're a 98lb. weakling.

I'm actually 6'1" 180 played american football for 8 years. I played defensive end throughout my childhood. In high school i was a middle linebacker and running back. oh, and was a two time defensive player of the year and mvp in high school. Ive also never played soccer. You don't know me, nice try though.

Forum List

Back