So...you are driving in downtown Milwaukee...and you turn into a riot, do you want a gun on your hip

If you are caught in a riot, do you want a gun with you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Were they legally permitted concealed weapons carriers or were they criminals?

It matters

Is there anything in this life you love more than your precious gun? Serious question. I used to think the devoutly religious were the only truly irrational people. But it's becoming clearer and clearer that the religious devotion to guns by second amendment freaks is the pinnacle of irrationality.
WHat's that got to do with my question?

That article just used 670 random shootings in a small 2 state area

Were all of those people carrying legally? The article does not say.
Were all of those people criminals and carrying illegally? The article does not say but it is a very safe bet to say that there was a very well represented group of criminals carrying illegal weapons counted in that so called study

More representative than the absurd "CDC Gun Study" that you guys claim is a good-faith attempt by the government to analyze gun violence.

It's not safe to make any of the assumptions you're making, unless you're rabidly opposed to any sort of rational debate. Which you are.

I have not made any assumptions I am asking YOU about a stat YOU posted. I have never posted numbers from the CDC study nor have I commented on them.

What are the metrics of the study YOU used?

Did the study include victims under the age of 21? If so then we know all those victims under the age of 21 who were carrying a weapon were doing so illegally.

How many of them were legally issued concealed carry permits?

Those that were not issued a permit were carrying a concealed weapon illegally

Were more there people counted in the study carrying illegally than were carrying legally?

If so then the conclusion could have easily been that you have more of a chance of being shot if you are a criminal.

You quoted the study so I ASSUME you can answer my questions

None of those questions are remotely germain to the thesis of the study. Guns do not make you safer.
I've carried guns for 59 0f my 76 years, three of them in combat and I say they make you safe, even when the bad guys are hunting you. I carried a gun as an armed bank courier and as a plain citizen. Except for combat I never drew a gun or fired a shot. Guns are safe as long as you keep your head and not panic.

You and your gun against an armed mob of 50 guns. Yeah, give them a reason to shoot you!!!

Are the Milwaukee rioters an armed mob of 50 guns?
Not sure how many (if any) guns they have.
One sure way to find out is to pull out your weapon….

They were already shooting at firemen putting out fires........so you would rather not have a weapon in that situation........that is your call....don't try to force your decision on other people....

Is there anything in this life you love more than your precious gun? Serious question. I used to think the devoutly religious were the only truly irrational people. But it's becoming clearer and clearer that the religious devotion to guns by second amendment freaks is the pinnacle of irrationality.

Were all of those people criminals and carrying illegally? The article does not say but it is a very safe bet to say that there was a very well represented group of criminals carrying illegal weapons counted in that so called study

More representative than the absurd "CDC Gun Study" that you guys claim is a good-faith attempt by the government to analyze gun violence.

It's not safe to make any of the assumptions you're making, unless you're rabidly opposed to any sort of rational debate. Which you are.

I have not made any assumptions I am asking YOU about a stat YOU posted. I have never posted numbers from the CDC study nor have I commented on them.

Did the study include victims under the age of 21? If so then we know all those victims under the age of 21 who were carrying a weapon were doing so illegally.

Were more there people counted in the study carrying illegally than were carrying legally?

If so then the conclusion could have easily been that you have more of a chance of being shot if you are a criminal.

None of those questions are remotely germain to the thesis of the study. Guns do not make you safer.
I've carried guns for 59 0f my 76 years, three of them in combat and I say they make you safe, even when the bad guys are hunting you. I carried a gun as an armed bank courier and as a plain citizen. Except for combat I never drew a gun or fired a shot. Guns are safe as long as you keep your head and not panic.

Another anecdote from a gun nazi.

Here's the rebuttal: Officer's accidental weapon discharge endangers hundreds of UCF students

Again, that's the problem with anecdotes. All I need to refute your garbage is another anecdote.

Here's the rebuttal: Officer's accidental weapon discharge endangers hundreds of UCF students

Again, that's the problem with anecdotes. All I need to refute your garbage is another anecdote.

Wow one bullet endangered hundreds of students!!!!!

What kind of bullet was it and where can I get one?

Lee Harvey Oswald had a crate of magic bullets. He only needed one. I hear you can get one from a secret website...

Wrong...we don't need anecdotes...we have actual numbers from the CDC........

with 357,000,000 guns in private hands...how many accidents do we have...lethal accidents....

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

2014.....586.....going from 320,000,000 guns in 2013.......to 357,000,000 in 2016..........

So you are just wrong again...the facts show you are wrong......we don't need anecdotes...we have 23 years of actual data.....1993-2016

with 357,000,000 guns in private hands...how many accidents do we have...lethal accidents....

2014.....586.....going from 320,000,000 guns in 2013.......to 357,000,000 in 2016..........

So you are just wrong again...the facts show you are wrong......we don't need anecdotes...we have 23 years of actual data.....1993-2016

You just puke out numbers with every post without bothering to analyze them.

Where's thee 30,000 gun deaths annually? 12,000 gun homicides annually? Yeah, gravity, that's cute. When it comes to gravity, we put up handrails, and teach kids at age 6 to understand the danger of gravity and not be reckless with it.

With guns? Nah, just let the kids shoot. And hell, stop checking people's backgrounds to see if they're criminally insane. Cuz, Freedumb!

It's called causing a panic.

Where's thee 30,000 gun deaths annually? 12,000 gun homicides annually? Yeah, gravity, that's cute. When it comes to gravity, we put up handrails, and teach kids at age 6 to understand the danger of gravity and not be reckless with it.

With guns? Nah, just let the kids shoot. And hell, stop checking people's backgrounds to see if they're criminally insane. Cuz, Freedumb!
You just quote so called studies just because the data no matter how flawed agrees with your preconceptions

Wow one gun shot caused a panic?

WHat a bunch of pussies

WHat a bunch of pussies

When people panic, including cops, they pull guns out and shoot. People run and trample each other. You would, too. Pussy.

You just quote so called studies just because the data no matter how flawed agrees with your preconceptions

Are you some kind of Automatic Irony Machine?

WHat a bunch of pussies

When people panic, including cops, they pull guns out and shoot. People run and trample each other. You would, too. Pussy.

So other people pulled out guns and shot?

Funny that wasn't mentioned in the article

Are you making shit up again?

WHat a bunch of pussies

So other people pulled out guns and shot?

Funny that wasn't mentioned in the article

Are you making shit up again?

Not this time.

Are you some kind of Automatic Irony Machine?
What studies have I quoted?

I distinctly remember asking you questions about the results of a study you posted that you refused to answer

Forum List

Back