So will Wisconsin turn against Obama?

I fully think that OH, WIS, FLA, NC, VA, and COL are all in play for Romney (NH, IA, and NV won't matter much)... I think when the debates start, it will be even closer than it is now... I think Ryan actually helps in the debates... agree or disagree with his budget proposals, it puts focus on the economy, which is a very weak point for Obamalama

OH..no
WIS...hell no
FLA...not with Ryan
NC...Romney's
VA...Not with Ryan
CO...perhaps.

Ryans budget proposals include wiping out the Cap Gains tax:

Mitt Romney Would Pay 0.82 Percent in Taxes Under Paul Ryan's Plan - Matthew O'Brien - The Atlantic

The Governor would pay 0.82% under the plan...down from the 15% he paid on the tax returns he did reveal.

Yeah...put a big old spotlight on that one! Most Americans don't live off of investment income...by the way.

Oh look.. another time where you regurgitate the same bullshit link and claim... yawn

The states are indeed still in play... your supposed omniscience is nothing of the sort

That ship has sailed on my confidence.

Here is what conservatives on this board think about Romney:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...governor-doesnt-need-enemies.html#post5795590

As for the gubenatorial recall election; it was ill conceived and the voters exhibited that. It should be noted that reportedly, the Democrats took back the Senate in the same election. Obama has this locked up.

You mean, they took back an out of session Senate. Out of session until AFTER the November election. How is that a positive for them???

Shows that the Democratic Party is strong there. You'll see in November.

It showed that the Democratic Party was strong in Racine. I expect Republicans to regain our Senate in November.

Not to mention while they had the senate for a short time, one dem has jumped ship. He's now an independent. So neither "party" controls Wisconsin's senate.

The Dems got that one back on board by creating a couple of new committees and letting him be in charge of them. So they still have the Senate ... until November.

RCP has Obama +5.4 in Wisconsin of course there most recent Wisconsin poll just runs through August 6th which was before Ryan was announced as the VP pick it will be interesting to see what the next one reads.

Obama will take Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio wasting the pick of Ryan

During the entire Scott Walker recall debacle, Obama didn't have time to stop and try to help the dem candidate. He knew the guy was going to lose, so he didn't bother. No need to be visible on a losing run.

So will the Dems in Wisconsin hold that against him?? Sure he'll have his die hard group that wouldn't think of voting against him but the Unions are kinda p*ssed at him for not showing up and scheduling the DNC in a non-union state. They aren't funneling the money his way, they are saying they're broke.

Unions hit Democratic convention where it hurts: In the wallet - Robin Bravender and Anna Palmer - POLITICO.com

Scott Walker winning his recall election says they already have turned against Obama.

110091-Obama-Clueless-on-Economy-by-Gary-McCoy-Cagle-Cartoons-515x428.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

During the entire Scott Walker recall debacle, Obama didn't have time to stop and try to help the dem candidate. He knew the guy was going to lose, so he didn't bother. No need to be visible on a losing run.

So will the Dems in Wisconsin hold that against him?? Sure he'll have his die hard group that wouldn't think of voting against him but the Unions are kinda p*ssed at him for not showing up and scheduling the DNC in a non-union state. They aren't funneling the money his way, they are saying they're broke.

Unions hit Democratic convention where it hurts: In the wallet - Robin Bravender and Anna Palmer - POLITICO.com

Scott Walker winning his recall election says they already have turned against Obama.

110091-Obama-Clueless-on-Economy-by-Gary-McCoy-Cagle-Cartoons-515x428.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

That isn't so clear. In the exit polls taken on the day of the recall, Obama still had a comfortable margin. Lots of people who voted for Walker were still planning to vote for Obama.

However, the numbers tightened significantly since then, even before the Ryan VP announcement. I think Ryan probably gives Wisconsin to the GOP but we'll see. I don't expect the numbers to switch right away to Romney -- some of Wisconsin still needs to get acquainted with Ryan -- but I think we'll get there.

Last edited:
Don't be so confident! The Gov vote is a statewide vote. Walker is right of Romney and he won easily in the faux recall (first recall victory in US history)!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...governor-doesnt-need-enemies.html#post5795590

As for the gubenatorial recall election; it was ill conceived and the voters exhibited that. It should be noted that reportedly, the Democrats took back the Senate in the same election.

Obama has this locked up.

You are more confident than CNN electoral map that shows Wisconsin leaning. Also, as to the Dems taking back the state senate, there were 4 senate elections that night, Republicans won 3 of them. I think Republicans in Wisconsin are highly energized.

CNN wants to keep viewers and are worried about looking silly so they always trim their sails. Fox and MSNBC do the same thing. If they didn't have a close election, they wouldn't have as many viewers. I don't think they are low balling it because it is close.

That being said, Obama has never been behind (except maybe for Rasmussen polling) in Wisconsin to the best of my knowledge. Few (if any) are voting FOR the Governor. Obama will win easily. If the weather in Milwaukee or Madison is poor on 11/6, he'll wrap it up by 10 points. Nobody is going to get their feet wet for Mitt Romney.

As for the gubenatorial recall election; it was ill conceived and the voters exhibited that. It should be noted that reportedly, the Democrats took back the Senate in the same election.

Obama has this locked up.

You are more confident than CNN electoral map that shows Wisconsin leaning. Also, as to the Dems taking back the state senate, there were 4 senate elections that night, Republicans won 3 of them. I think Republicans in Wisconsin are highly energized.

CNN wants to keep viewers and are worried about looking silly so they always trim their sails. Fox and MSNBC do the same thing. If they didn't have a close election, they wouldn't have as many viewers. I don't think they are low balling it because it is close.

That being said, Obama has never been behind (except maybe for Rasmussen polling) in Wisconsin to the best of my knowledge. Few (if any) are voting FOR the Governor. Obama will win easily. If the weather in Milwaukee or Madison is poor on 11/6, he'll wrap it up by 10 points. Nobody is going to get their feet wet for Mitt Romney.

lol ... you're wrong about that.

And Obama broke his promises to his supporters here. He promised he'd slide into his comfortable shoes and come march with them. And he was conspicuously absent during the recall -- did he think he would impress anyone in a good way with that tweet the night before the election?

I don't think there are as many people as you believe who would get their feet wet for Obama in this state.

Last edited:

lol ... you're wrong about that.

And Obama broke his promises to his supporters here. He promised he'd slide into his comfortable shoes and come march with them. And he was conspicuously absent during the recall -- did he think he would impress anyone in a good way with that tweet the night before the election?

I don't think there are as many people as you believe who would get their feet wet for Obama in this state.

It's dominated by suburban Chicago. It's in Obama's column.

Look I started a thread that detailed what the conservatives here thought about Romney. I think you'll agree with me that the board is dominated by right wing posters. If the right wing doesn't care for the guy, hating Obama for Obama-lite isn't going to motivate you to go get your feet wet.

I guess we'll see come Election time but Wisconsin has been solidly in the Obama Camp all year with the exception of a single PPP pole back in June

wisconsin.png

I expect there to be a bump for Ryan in the next few days. It's unsustainable.

What people don't get is that the conservative base is fired up about getting rid of Obama. THey understand the country cannot stand another 4 years of bad policies and gross incompetence. People will be getting up out of their hospital beds to go vote for Romney, who represents maturity, experience and common sense. Obama has no message left. It is simply "vote for me because the other side will enslave you and make you eat broccoli if you don't." That isn't a winning message.

What people don't get is that the conservative base is fired up about getting rid of Obama. THey understand the country cannot stand another 4 years of bad policies and gross incompetence. People will be getting up out of their hospital beds to go vote for Romney, who represents maturity, experience and common sense. Obama has no message left. It is simply "vote for me because the other side will enslave you and make you eat broccoli if you don't." That isn't a winning message.

They'll have to because they won't be able to afford those beds if Romney wins.

Obama has the election (and Wisconsin's electoral votes) locked up. It's just a matter of margins now.

Forum List

Back