So will Wisconsin turn against Obama?

naturegirl

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2011
NW Georgia
During the entire Scott Walker recall debacle, Obama didn't have time to stop and try to help the dem candidate. He knew the guy was going to lose, so he didn't bother. No need to be visible on a losing run.

So will the Dems in Wisconsin hold that against him?? Sure he'll have his die hard group that wouldn't think of voting against him but the Unions are kinda p*ssed at him for not showing up and scheduling the DNC in a non-union state. They aren't funneling the money his way, they are saying they're broke.

Unions hit Democratic convention where it hurts: In the wallet - Robin Bravender and Anna Palmer - POLITICO.com

During the entire Scott Walker recall debacle, Obama didn't have time to stop and try to help the dem candidate. He knew the guy was going to lose, so he didn't bother. No need to be visible on a losing run.

So will the Dems in Wisconsin hold that against him?? Sure he'll have his die hard group that wouldn't think of voting against him but the Unions are kinda p*ssed at him for not showing up and scheduling the DNC in a non-union state. They aren't funneling the money his way, they are saying they're broke.

Unions hit Democratic convention where it hurts: In the wallet - Robin Bravender and Anna Palmer - POLITICO.com

Wisconsin is in the President's column. Firmly.

I wouldn't count on it. There has been movement towards Romney and there's 3 months to go. Check the polls if you want to believe them.

Don't be so confident! The Gov vote is a statewide vote. Walker is right of Romney and he won easily in the faux recall (first recall victory in US history)!

Don't be so confident! The Gov vote is a statewide vote. Walker is right of Romney and he won easily in the faux recall (first recall victory in US history)!

That ship has sailed on my confidence.

Here is what conservatives on this board think about Romney:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...governor-doesnt-need-enemies.html#post5795590

As for the gubenatorial recall election; it was ill conceived and the voters exhibited that. It should be noted that reportedly, the Democrats took back the Senate in the same election.

Obama has this locked up.

I fully think that OH, WIS, FLA, NC, VA, and COL are all in play for Romney (NH, IA, and NV won't matter much)... I think when the debates start, it will be even closer than it is now... I think Ryan actually helps in the debates... agree or disagree with his budget proposals, it puts focus on the economy, which is a very weak point for Obamalama

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...governor-doesnt-need-enemies.html#post5795590

As for the gubenatorial recall election; it was ill conceived and the voters exhibited that. It should be noted that reportedly, the Democrats took back the Senate in the same election. Obama has this locked up.

You mean, they took back an out of session Senate. Out of session until AFTER the November election. How is that a positive for them???

I fully think that OH, WIS, FLA, NC, VA, and COL are all in play for Romney (NH, IA, and NV won't matter much)... I think when the debates start, it will be even closer than it is now... I think Ryan actually helps in the debates... agree or disagree with his budget proposals, it puts focus on the economy, which is a very weak point for Obamalama

OH..no
WIS...hell no
FLA...not with Ryan
NC...Romney's
VA...Not with Ryan
CO...perhaps.

Ryans budget proposals include wiping out the Cap Gains tax:

Mitt Romney Would Pay 0.82 Percent in Taxes Under Paul Ryan's Plan - Matthew O'Brien - The Atlantic

The Governor would pay 0.82% under the plan...down from the 15% he paid on the tax returns he did reveal.

Yeah...put a big old spotlight on that one! Most Americans don't live off of investment income...by the way.

As for the gubenatorial recall election; it was ill conceived and the voters exhibited that. It should be noted that reportedly, the Democrats took back the Senate in the same election. Obama has this locked up.

You mean, they took back an out of session Senate. Out of session until AFTER the November election. How is that a positive for them???

Shows that the Democratic Party is strong there. You'll see in November.

How much does Obama pay you to be a shill for him?

losing every recall but 1, and winning the one that doesn't matter since they are out of session until AFTER the next November election... shows how strong the Democrats are in Wisconsin?

Are you high?

Wisconsin voted for obama. Wisconsin elected Scott Walker. The state changed between the time that Scott Walker was elected and the recall so much that Walker was reelected by a larger margin than he was originally elected. The trend is clearly running against democrats. If the rank and file democrats have any smarts at all, they will abandon the presidential election and concentrate on the senate keeping their seats. Which is pretty much what Nancy Pelosi said.

I don't think that WI will go to Romney because of the recall "debacle". If anything it will go to him because of the Ryan pick. That is the only good decision Romney has made this election cycle.

Strng because they have massive grassroots, right?
We'll let Lil Debbie tell us all about it:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dxssd5_h-o]Debbie Wasserman Schultz - Wisconsin A 'Dry Run' For Obama [5-29-2012] - YouTube2.flv - YouTube[/ame]

People in Wisconsin have seen Walker's policies work and Democrat policies fail. They've seen Obama's policies fail nationally. Does anyone really think they will vote for that loser again?

Wisconsin voted for obama. Wisconsin elected Scott Walker. The state changed between the time that Scott Walker was elected and the recall so much that Walker was reelected by a larger margin than he was originally elected. The trend is clearly running against democrats. If the rank and file democrats have any smarts at all, they will abandon the presidential election and concentrate on the senate keeping their seats. Which is pretty much what Nancy Pelosi said.

Didn't you get the tweet? Candycorn is an Independent. :lol:

As for the gubenatorial recall election; it was ill conceived and the voters exhibited that. It should be noted that reportedly, the Democrats took back the Senate in the same election.

Obama has this locked up.

You are more confident than CNN electoral map that shows Wisconsin leaning. Also, as to the Dems taking back the state senate, there were 4 senate elections that night, Republicans won 3 of them. I think Republicans in Wisconsin are highly energized.

Not to mention while they had the senate for a short time, one dem has jumped ship. He's now an independent. So neither "party" controls Wisconsin's senate.

Well living in Wisc for my whole life its gonna be closer than I thought. The voter ID bill if cast upon us (I shall have fun giving my poll workers a hard time) is going to tighten things up. I think its a tossup and no matter who wins what the people will figure out is the fat cats(ultra wealthy) always win without any work or effort. I dont care what party is in charge. And that is a shameful part of this country. SHAMEFUL.

Forum List

Back