So Why Doesnt Mexico Have a Competitive Olympuke Swim Team?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Mexico is so similar to US culture and vice versa, these days. I know Mexico has some world class divers and swimmers, with access to American/Canadian coaching and technique, why isnt Mexico as competitive in swimming like the USA and Canada are?

Is there discrimination against Mexico in the Olympuke swimming competition?

Does Soccer just dominate so much there is little money for competitive swimming?

Because they don't get the practice they used to by swimming across the Rio Grande. Now they just walk and drive in.
Dude, come on! I am being serious!

IT doesnt make sense that Mexico doesnt have a competitive Olympuke swim team like the USA and Canada have.

Because they don't get the practice they used to by swimming across the Rio Grande. Now they just walk and drive in.

IT doesnt make sense that Mexico doesnt have a competitive Olympuke swim team like the USA and Canada have.
Short bodies are a disadvantage in swimming.

So Why Doesnt Mexico Have a Competitive Olympuke Swim Team?

All their good swimmers have already swam across the Rio Grande into the U S?
Booooo!

There has to be a real explanation, but the posts are funny, I have to admit.

What I am wondering is if a tropical country like Mexico is too hot for the local bodies to build up a layer of fat like that of people from more Northern climates. An adaptation to conserve body heat is not so needed in the tropics.

But this fat also helps boyancy. The teams that seem to do better have cold climates, like USA, China, Japan, Canada, Sweden, even Lithuania.

I am wondering if cold bath treatments might not aid in building up more body fat and improve swimming performance.

Mexico is so similar to US culture and vice versa, these days. I know Mexico has some world class divers and swimmers, with access to American/Canadian coaching and technique, why isnt Mexico as competitive in swimming like the USA and Canada are?

Is there discrimination against Mexico in the Olympuke swimming competition?

Does Soccer just dominate so much there is little money for competitive swimming?

Everyone that can run, jump or swim are already over here.

The mexican drug cartel overlords, who live in penthouses in Manhattan aren't 'into' swimming.
They are into other sporting events like 'cock-fights'.

One would also think that because of that they wouldnt excel so much in boxing, but they do.

One would also think that because of that they wouldnt excel so much in boxing, but they do.
They are tough sons of bitches.

They are tough sons of bitches.

They can take a licking like no other.

Forum List

Back