So Which Party is Moving Farther from Mainstream America?

Both major parties are moving further from the mainstream. The only concern of either is making themselves and their friends powerful and wealthy. They trick the foolish into believing they have your best interest at heart and they gobble it up.
So pick lesser of two evils and what do you get? GOP closer to mainstream. Despite everything US Constitutional Democratic Republic is best system on earth.

Hardly. Both parties are two peas in a horrible pod. I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. I may be throwing my vote away but at least it is better than putting a bag over my head before I pull the lever.

Both major parties are moving further from the mainstream. The only concern of either is making themselves and their friends powerful and wealthy. They trick the foolish into believing they have your best interest at heart and they gobble it up.
So pick lesser of two evils and what do you get? GOP closer to mainstream. Despite everything US Constitutional Democratic Republic is best system on earth.

Hardly. Both parties are two peas in a horrible pod. I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. I may be throwing my vote away but at least it is better than putting a bag over my head before I pull the lever.
So what party did you vote for in Congress? Oh, the "it does not exist party." I know...Libertarian.

As long as you are in the know, throw away. Some of us are smart enough to cut a deal with the devil instead.

As long as you are in the know, throw away. Some of us are smart enough to cut a deal with the devil instead.
Throw away? Black extremist left wing crazies like Sharpton? Straight to the curb. Your party is being dumb...not smart.

So what party did you vote for in Congress? Oh, the "it does not exist party." I know...Libertarian.

Sometimes I vote for Libertarian candidates and sometimes their isn't a candidate that earns my vote. If you want to pretend voting for the lesser of two is evils is some noble endeavor then have at it mate. The two party system over the last 70 years have brought is nothing but crushing debt, crony capitalism, endless wars, and intrusive government. Crack open the champaign if you want because your team won the last round but I have zero hope that a damn thing is going to change.

i don't like one bit the protesters committing violence, or shouting horrible horrible things about wanting dead cops, etc....but they do constitutionally and legally have the right to shout those horrible things, as it stands now.

And I'm smart enough to know that once gvt begins to censor things, it would not stop with just these groups and before you would know it, NONE OF US would have the right to free speech, and be able to ever speak out against our gvt....

And sometimes I wonder if divides such as these are not intentionally set up, so to take away our rights.....little by little, and because we are too busy trying to win the Sunday football game between Democrats vs Republicans and have been blinded by the stadium lights.......... we fail to see we are being lead down the road to destruction of our Constitution and handing the power of the citizenry right in to the gvt's hands...

Sometimes I vote for Libertarian candidates and sometimes their isn't a candidate that earns my vote. If you want to pretend voting for the lesser of two is evils is some noble endeavor then have at it mate. The two party system over the last 70 years have brought is nothing but crushing debt, crony capitalism, endless wars, and intrusive government. Crack open the champaign if you want because your team won the last round but I have zero hope that a damn thing is going to change.
Welcome to America "mate." Yes, it has all those things, but it is also the freest nation on earth with the most civil liberties and has been a model for the rest of the world. Our Founding Fathers never claimed to have all the answers, but they did a damn good job. I agree with you ,however, as I am most libertarian myself. Compare the two major parties to hot dogs and hamburgers. You can generally say, "I want a dog" or "I want a burger." BUT, you can have a chili dog, slaw dog, mustard dog ect. OR you can have a cheese burger, bacon cheese burger, double cheese burger, or just a burger. BUT NEVER a hot dog if your a burger person and never a burger if your a dog person. Get it?

i don't like one bit the protesters committing violence, or shouting horrible horrible things about wanting dead cops, etc....but they do constitutionally and legally have the right to shout those horrible things, as it stands now.

And I'm smart enough to know that once gvt begins to censor things, it would not stop with just these groups and before you would know it, NONE OF US would have the right to free speech, and be able to ever speak out against our gvt....

And sometimes I wonder if divides such as these are not intentionally set up, so to take away our rights.....little by little, and because we are too busy trying to win the Sunday football game between Democrats vs Republicans and have been blinded by the stadium lights.......... we fail to see we are being lead down the road to destruction of our Constitution and handing the power of the citizenry right in to the gvt's hands...
Agree 100%

"So Which Party is Moving Farther from Mainstream America?"

It's not which party but what components of each party, where democrats for the most part reflect mainstream America, having won four of the last six General Elections is proof of that; and elements of the GOP do not, such as the TPM, libertarians, social conservatives, and fiscal extremists. There are many republicans who reflect mainstream America, but they're in conflict with the extreme elements, reflecting poorly on the GOP over all.

Mainstream republicans need to take back their party, and relegate the rightwing extremists to the political backseat, just as democrats accomplished with their more extreme elements between 1988 and 1992.

"So Which Party is Moving Farther from Mainstream America?"

It's not which party but what components of each party, where democrats for the most part reflect mainstream America, having won four of the last six General Elections is proof of that; and elements of the GOP do not, such as the TPM, libertarians, social conservatives, and fiscal extremists. There are many republicans who reflect mainstream America, but they're in conflict with the extreme elements, reflecting poorly on the GOP over all.

Mainstream republicans need to take back their party, and relegate the rightwing extremists to the political backseat, just as democrats accomplished with their more extreme elements between 1988 and 1992.
Your entire premise is off. Democrats are not, and do not, represent mainstream America. They have declined at federal level and certainly with state house's...aka "grass roots
."
2014-11-06-MSNBC-Maddow-StatesGOP2.JPG

In the final analysis, the last best public opinion pol is on election day. We saw what happened.

Both are increasingly in bed with corporations. However, Democrats agree with average Americans on a lot more issue, they just really suck at marketing.

I'm not sure if either party has been concerned about "mainstream America" for a while now.
I agree. BUT...GOP is better positioned and views are more in tune with majority of Americans.

What views?

1. Abortion? Most Americans do not want Roe v Wade overturned. The Republican Party wants to outlaw ALL abortion.

2. Guns? 90% of Americans want background checks expanded and the loopholes closed. Republicans oppose it.

3. Same sex marriage? Most Americans now support same sex marriage rights. The Republicans want to take that right away altogether.

4. Immigration? Most Americans support a path to citizenship or permanent residence for undocumented aliens in the US. The Republicans do not.

5. Medicare? Most Americans support Medicare in its current form. The Republicans want to end it.

6. Social Security? Most Americans support Social Security in its current form. The Republicans want to end it.

Apparently the left wing will be running on the same very successful platform they ran on in 2014. Republicans bad, democrats good, just ignore the man behind the curtain. Ignore that the changes in Medicaid payments to doctors that are going to cause a shortage in doctors and thus an increase in ER visits, exactly the opposite of the liberals stated intent, as always. The bright side may be that there will be more less qualified doctors, think immigration, willing to work for less. I assume they will continue this idea to other workers, maybe they will cut the wages of GM workers to make cars more affordable or are they just going after doctors? The flip side might be that because of the cuts in medicaid those paying their own way can pick up the slack, sounds fair.

Apparently they are running on, all cops are racist. Certainly a winning hand.

I realize now that Obama and the left are psychics, just not real good ones. Not only didn't they see the ass whooping they received, they now wish for us to believe they can channel all the masses that didn't think it important to vote. That gives them the ability to do whatever they want because they know the will of the people who didn't vote, and it is not the same as those who did think it important to vote.

I'm not sure if either party has been concerned about "mainstream America" for a while now.
I agree. BUT...GOP is better positioned and views are more in tune with majority of Americans.

What views?

1. Abortion? Most Americans do not want Roe v Wade overturned. The Republican Party wants to outlaw ALL abortion.

2. Guns? 90% of Americans want background checks expanded and the loopholes closed. Republicans oppose it.

3. Same sex marriage? Most Americans now support same sex marriage rights. The Republicans want to take that right away altogether.

4. Immigration? Most Americans support a path to citizenship or permanent residence for undocumented aliens in the US. The Republicans do not.

5. Medicare? Most Americans support Medicare in its current form. The Republicans want to end it.

6. Social Security? Most Americans support Social Security in its current form. The Republicans want to end it.

^^^^ That and many, many more.

Look at polling on any issue and see where the American people are then go look at the GOP platform and see where they are. You'll see a disconnect on a majority of issues. Climate change, raising the minimum wage, extending unemployment, raising taxes on the rich, etc. All things the American people support and the GOP do not.

What views?

Look at polling on any issue and see where the American people are then go look at the GOP platform and see where they are. You'll see a disconnect on a majority of issues. Climate change, raising the minimum wage, extending unemployment, raising taxes on the rich, etc. All things the American people support and the GOP do not.

And this is the proof that the far left is never the answer as they push their religious propaganda.

What views?

And this is the proof that the far left is never the answer as they push their religious propaganda.

Can you at least make an attempt to make sense?

Come on Kosh, name three issues that the American people agree with the GOP platform on and provide polling data.

What views?

Worth a repost. Where is that Bush92 feller to refute all the above? If he can. Or will even try.

Come on Kosh, name three issues that the American people agree with the GOP platform on and provide polling data.

I got ya.

1. Water is wet
2. Air is good.
3. Black is beautiful?
3. Fire is hot.

Can't we all just get along and agree on three things?

Republicans represent white, male, christian, heterosexual Americans

What Sarah Palin likes to call "Real Americans"

Don't get more mainstream than that

Forum List

Back