So ... which is better?

well....i am sorry for side barring of this thread with the video...it's just when i read the initial link, i saw that it was back in May...and i was wondering if the young lad was still alive, so i googled him, the video came up, and the rest is history!

but on topic, i still would rather not see stun guns used and cops tackle if necessary...there have been too many deaths by simply using them....

if this man was put in a coma from the cop using it on him instead, i would still be upset, because this man was innocent....

It's okay, 'tis the nature of things. The problem is what gets attention, when cops do a good job you rarely hear about it, unless it's a major incident. The media and most people only focus on what they do wrong. I was just trying to point out that they simply can't win when it comes to subduing a criminal. If the victim here had been guilty there would still be more focus on the officer's mistakes, you just stole the wind from my sails is all. ;)

Taser or tackle?

Health Worsens For Man Injured By King County Deputy - Seattle News Story - KIRO Seattle

I am sure this guy wishes they used tasers this time. Those who think you can't hurt someone with a tackle are idiots. The family is suing the cops for this of course, so now what are cops suppose to do? Just ask the criminals to "please" get into the car?

which ever works and I don't feel bad for the guy.
You commit the crime and don't coperate with the police then you are going to pay for it.

One of the related articles says he didn't know they were police. Perhaps he was retarded?

I hear the criminals use that argument a lot of times, but then, if you are going to commit a crime and run from the cops you probably are retarded.
right now a Police Officer is getting sued here because he was suppose to know the guy had mental problems. Of course this wasn't the first time he had problems with the Police.

well....i am sorry for side barring of this thread with the video...it's just when i read the initial link, i saw that it was back in May...and i was wondering if the young lad was still alive, so i googled him, the video came up, and the rest is history!

but on topic, i still would rather not see stun guns used and cops tackle if necessary...there have been too many deaths by simply using them....

if this man was put in a coma from the cop using it on him instead, i would still be upset, because this man was innocent....

would you rather they shoot them, because that is the only other options especially if they are on meth.

sorry we have just had a problem with career criminals or their families suing the police department here because the Police tased them or used force.
One guy who's family is suing because the officer shot and killed him, shot at the cop and hit the Police dog twice.

I still can't get over the people who sued when a junky (high as hell) got a katana, the cops had to shoot him, he died of course. But they kept whining that "he only had a katana" ... seriously! They sued the department for it.

I think they should make a law at least here in spokane that if you are high on meth when you are arrested you or your family cannot sue if you die or are injured.
If you can't tell I don't like methheads very much.

I think they should make a law at least here in spokane that if you are high on meth when you are arrested you or your family cannot sue if you die or are injured.
Why? People can't help their addictions...penalties should be stricter for the dealers.

Why? People can't help their addictions...penalties should be stricter for the dealers.

:eusa_eh: Are you high? So then us smokers who smoke a legal substance should stop getting harassed by assholes and all taxes should be covered by non-smokers ... unless you agree with that, STFU. Sorry, but this hypocrisy pisses me off more than junkies do.

:eusa_eh: Are you high? So then us smokers who smoke a legal substance should stop getting harassed by assholes and all taxes should be covered by non-smokers ... unless you agree with that, STFU. Sorry, but this hypocrisy pisses me off more than junkies do.
I don't know what you are smoking, but you aren't making any sense.

Okay, simplified:

Anyone against us tobacco smokers cannot be sympathetic to the junkies in any way.

can they help it when they steal people's cars and crash them into trees or steal from their families? Come live in my town for a week and you will think differently.
I was addicted to coke on and off for four years I never stole from my family, I never stole from other people, and I never shot a police dog.
These people burn their pee to get it back to the meth or make it themselves, they are the dealers.

I also had a meth head uncle who stole from me and my parents, and my grandmother who didn't have money to spare. Don't give the crap they can't help it.

I also had a meth head uncle who stole from me and my parents, and my grandmother who didn't have money to spare. Don't give the crap they can't help it.

I lived with a bunch of junkies (about half the shelter population) for too many years, I wouldn't trust them with a dime. A few, yeah, they actually had honor. When they asked for money they'd tell me "I'm going to just buy a beer and hang out at the bar" ... I gave it to them because I saw them there all the time. But if they tried that "I just want to buy a hamburger" bullshit I'd point to the food line in the damned shelter. I learned how to secure my valuables to my bed there so they couldn't get to it, because they would steal from even their own friends and family all the time. They didn't need to, they just didn't care.

I always made sure I maintained a job to maintain my habit.
I worked at a Kmart from my senior year until I was twenty two in the worst neighborhood for hookers and meth heads. They will steal anything.
My uncle stole my dad's quarter collection.

I always made sure I maintained a job to maintain my habit.
I worked at a Kmart from my senior year until I was twenty two in the worst neighborhood for hookers and meth heads. They will steal anything.
My uncle stole my dad's quarter collection.

There is the difference between a drug abuser and a junky. Junkies simply don't care about other people, drug abuser just fucked up once and learn their lesson ... eventually. People pussy foot around the junkies because they are easier to spot, treat them like they're something special or some poorly treated baby, while the drug users who work themselves out of their addictions are ignored. Or worse, us addicted to a legal substance are attacked for it. It's ass backwards as hell.

just say me getting pregnant was the best thing that happened to me besides the fact I got my son.
I was making good money and buying a lot of drugs, I was on the road to being a junky if not already there. I almost killed myself one night by accident.
I had a lot of junky friends though, whom I am no longer friends with because you can't trust them.

Okay, simplified:

Anyone against us tobacco smokers cannot be sympathetic to the junkies in any way.
Sure they can. People can be sympathetic to whomever they choose.

But you've got me confused with someone else, I have no problem with smokers.

Forum List

Back