So what's the count Tens, Hundreds, Millions?

The 60 - 70 thousand number is not at all credible. LP Field ( Titan's stadium ) holds just under 69,000 people. Looking at the westwood one pic on Sinatra's link there is no way in hell that you could fit that crowd into LP Field. The OP and Bobby need to check back in on reality.

A question followed by a link is not real? Hell I even did the math for you.

Freeper links don't count.

All were assumtions on your part with your fuzzy math. I don't know how many were there, and you certainly don't either.

Hmmm. I just heard on the television that there were close to 15,000 people packed insode the arena at the Obama speech in Minnesota. I also heard that there is a mile in between the Washington Monument and the Capitol and that the entire mile was packed with people protesting in D.C. today. So is you can shove 15,000 people in a sports arena that might at best be a block square, how many people can you fit in a mile?

How many meters in a mile?
How wide is the street? 75 to 100 feet?
With the formula in the link I posted using the heaviest density of 4 and 6 people per square meter the number comes to 200 to 300 thousand.
From the photos it doesn't look like they are that packed in so go for 2 or 3 people per square meter and you come up with 100 to 150 thousand.
That's assuming it is a mile between the Capitol and the White House.
And I used the best case scenario for you righties.

Not nearly the two million as claimed.

1.3 MILLION came from the D.C. POLICE--& 2 MILLION came from ABC news. Have you been taking your math lessons from Obama?--:lol:

YOU LIE!

Protest Crowd Size Estimate Falsely Attributed to ABC News - ABC News

LMAO

The 60 - 70 thousand number is not at all credible. LP Field ( Titan's stadium ) holds just under 69,000 people. Looking at the westwood one pic on Sinatra's link there is no way in hell that you could fit that crowd into LP Field. The OP and Bobby need to check back in on reality.

A question followed by a link is not real? Hell I even did the math for you.

Freeper links don't count.

All were assumtions on your part with your fuzzy math. I don't know how many were there, and you certainly don't either.

It's not fuzzy math it's a simple calculation of people per square meter read the link and do the math yourself.

1.3 MILLION came from the D.C. POLICE--& 2 MILLION came from ABC news. Have you been taking your math lessons from Obama?--:lol:

ABC reported no such number. The right-wing bloggers pulled the number out of their ass as attributed it to ABC.

Come on people. Give Republicans a break. We know they don't like science or education. Tens of thousands or tens of millions. It's "a lot". Just leave it at that. Anything more than a hundred is a debate.
What do you have a degree in?

Engineering.

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media: Section 4: Scientists, Politics and Religion - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

I'm, pardon the word, "mystified", why Republicans get defensive when you point out that so few are scientists and that the majority of the current Republican party wants the "occult" taught as equal to science in public schools.

Be proud of your "beliefs". If people want to believe that a magical God somehow "shimmered" people into being from dirt and stories such as "Noah's Ark" are true historical events, then bless their little hearts. As long as they don't try to push that nonsense in public schools, I don't care.

But don't get mad at what you are. Be proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crowd ESTIMATES vary.

Twitter / Tabitha Hale: Okay people. The 2 mil # w ...

But if the 2 million figure (more folks participating than the number who crowded the streets of DC for President Obama's inauguration) is too high, which official DC estimate is more reasonable?

1.2 million (the Metro police estimate) or 1.5 million (the DC Parks and Recreation estimate)?

Or maybe it's all just too silly.

If it was only 200,000, that's still a damn fine turnout.

The effort to minimize the numbers is a liberal Democrat game. Efforts to over-state the number are also often politically motivated from the opposing side of the political spectrum.

But I still tend to believe that the crowd was QUITE large because I saw the video.

Not really. When you consider that less than 13% of the US is black and they still managed to send close to if not more than a million men. Every black guy where I work was gone.

The Republicans claim they represent more than half the US and nearly all the Republicans are of the same race and religion. You would think they would send more to stop, how do Republicans put it, Nazis and tyrants and communists and.... Well, you get the picture.

Crowd ESTIMATES vary.

But if the 2 million figure (more folks participating than the number who crowded the streets of DC for President Obama's inauguration) is too high, which official DC estimate is more reasonable?

1.2 million (the Metro police estimate) or 1.5 million (the DC Parks and Recreation estimate)?

The effort to minimize the numbers is a liberal Democrat game. Efforts to over-state the number are also often politically motivated from the opposing side of the political spectrum.

But I still tend to believe that the crowd was QUITE large because I saw the video.

Not really. When you consider that less than 13% of the US is black and they still managed to send close to if not more than a million men. Every black guy where I work was gone.

The Republicans claim they represent more than half the US and nearly all the Republicans are of the same race and religion. You would think they would send more to stop, how do Republicans put it, Nazis and tyrants and communists and.... Well, you get the picture.

200,000 is a damn fine figure. The bogus "1 million man march" was vastly over-stated. Best estimates come in just north of 800,000. And as to that -- so what? The Tea Parties are an ongoing process, not ONE centralized meeting place on one occasion. The total figures for all the Tea Parties is clearly much higher

and the process is still on-going.

What's the count: 30 million or 47 million?

"We've got 46-47 million people without health insurance in our country." -- BHO

"There are now more than 30 million American citizens who cannot get coverage," -- BHO,

Hmmm. I just heard on the television that there were close to 15,000 people packed insode the arena at the Obama speech in Minnesota. I also heard that there is a mile in between the Washington Monument and the Capitol and that the entire mile was packed with people protesting in D.C. today. So is you can shove 15,000 people in a sports arena that might at best be a block square, how many people can you fit in a mile?

The videos I've seen posted by people on this website does not show them "packed". Just saying.

What's the count: 30 million or 47 million?

"We've got 46-47 million people without health insurance in our country." -- BHO

"There are now more than 30 million American citizens who cannot get coverage," -- BHO,

Figures lie -- and President Obama lies.

And liars figure.

The President figures that he can use any figure he cares to at any time.

With the exception of a few conservatives who actually pay some attention, the President appears to have figured it correctly that he CAN say whatever he wants at any time, contradictions included, without being called to account for such glaring discrepancies.

Which "figure" (if either) is "correct?"

It doesn't matter. That is not the figure that will be used tomorrow. Or even later today.

mallpicture.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand or ten thousand or a hundred thousand or a million or two words.

Last edited:

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Indeed. The Inauguration was at a specific time and for a specific duration (~1 hr) and the crowd was only permitted in two areas of the central area of the District - the Mall and the parade route. The picture of the Inauguration was taken at the actual time of the event.

Right actually it was packed like that for the seven hours I was there and the crowds were there before I got there and for quite some time after not just at the time of the ceremony.

Nice try though.

Last edited:
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Indeed. The Inauguration was at a specific time and for a specific duration (~1 hr) and the crowd was only permitted in two areas of the central area of the District - the Mall and the parade route. The picture of the Inauguration was taken at the actual time of the event.

Right actually it was packed like that for the seven hours I was there and the crowds were there before I got there and for quite some time after not just at the time of the ceremony.
Of course they were. I was one of the volunteers. Your picture is taken at the time of the ceremony - at the peak population of the locale. The point.

NO ONE exept volunteers and security were allowed on the Mall before 7AM. Pedestrians were funneled into one of two areas - the Mall or the Parade route and were not allowed anywhere else.

Not the case at all with the protest.

What time of day was you Mall pic taken on 9/12? Do you have that significant detail? I doubt it. You are being dishonest, and you are exposed for doing so.

Last edited:
Crowd ESTIMATES vary.

don't worry, plenty more are waiting in the wings. Communities send representative groups to protest. They don't all migrate across the nation to make a showing, some of us work.

Christ almighty I wouldn't let rdean near my nephew's legos.

I haven't visited a trailer park in years.

Yeah. Trailer parks tend to keep pedophiles as far away from their establishments as possible. i could see why you wouldn't be allowed near one.

When I say Republicans are uneducated, it's because they are. I don't say it as an insult. Republicans tell us they abhor higher education.

What Republicans do is to dehumanize people they disagree with. They attempt to make those they fear a danger to the most vulnerable members of society. They are a danger to the elderly, the crippled, the mentally challenged and children. They are a Nazi, a Communist, a marxist or a "pedophile".

You see what Republicans do? They USE these people for political gain. Is is a lack of morals or of ethics? I'm not sure. Perhaps the inbreeding is finally beginning to show?

Forum List

Back