So what's so bad about scientific research on Jewish remains anyway?

What do you see here? What's causing that movement?

Yep, and you can feel a baby (but it's actually a fetus) kick. If it dies at that stage of development it's a fetal death, not the same as your six-year-old niece dying. One gets a funeral, and one means a lot of difficult and sad phone calls must be made. They are not the same.

Yep, and you can feel a baby (but it's actually a fetus) kick.
Baby, fetus. We've been over terminology as well. They're just names we've given to different points in a human being's conception-to-grave life cycle.

If it dies at that stage of development it's a fetal death, not the same as your six-year-old niece dying. One gets a funeral, and one means a lot of difficult and sad phone calls must be made. They are not the same.
You've already mentioned why this is. Not many people would know about their three month old* old niece. They've met the niece they've known for six years.

*Full disclosure: I know my approximate time and exact date of conception and count my exact age from it, because birth wasn't the beginning of my existence. It was just the milestone where my parents couldn't legally take me to a chop shop anymore.

Last edited:
Yep, and you can feel a baby (but it's actually a fetus) kick.
Baby, fetus. We've been over terminology as well. They're just names we've given to different points in a human being's conception-to-grave life cycle.

If it dies at that stage of development it's a fetal death, not the same as your six-year-old niece dying. One gets a funeral, and one means a lot of difficult and sad phone calls must be made. They are not the same.
You've already mentioned why this is. Not many people would know about their three month old* old niece. They've met the niece they've known for six years.

*Full disclosure: I know my approximate time and exact date of conception and count my exact age from it, because birth wasn't the beginning of my existence. It was just the milestone where my parents couldn't legally take me to a chop shop anymore.
Then you are an idiot with an absolutest position, which is clearly wrong. **

** We celebrate birth dates, not conception dates. Legally that matters, for a reason. That is when you became a legal person.

"You're wrong because you're stupid because fuck you."

** We celebrate birth dates, not conception dates. Legally that matters, for a reason. That is when you became a legal person.
I didn't say "we". I said "I". "Legally" that matters? What, you're going to arrest me for having a drink the same day every year?

"You're wrong because you're stupid because fuck you."

I didn't say "we". I said "I". "Legally" that matters? What, you're going to arrest me for having a drink the same day every year?
Nope, but as usual, what you believe isn't valid and ignores reality. If you want to have a drink to celebrate the day mom and dad fucked, undoubted with no plans for you in mind, knock yourself out but it matters not a damn in any way that matters, just like your black and white thinking on abortion.

Last edited:
Nope, but as usual, what you believe isn't valid and ignores reality. If you want to have a drink to celebrate the day mom and dad fucked, undoubted with no plans for you in mind, knock yourself out but it matters not a damn in any way that matters, just like your black and white thinking on abortion.
I just don't see an intellectually honest way to deny it. I can't look in the oven at the cake that'll be done in five minutes and tell myself I just see congealed batter that's absolutely not rising out of the pan because that's what cakes do and it's not a cake yet. I could never look at the puppy growing in its mother and think that it doesn't matter if someone kicks her hard in the stomach because it's not alive and might die anyway. I for damn sure couldn't run my hand over my wife's belly and feel the kick and tell myself that nothing actually happened because it's just some sperm and an egg in there until a baby magically pops out. I see it as black and white because the fact of the existence of a separate, living, supremely vulnerable being in there is just as black and white as the ultrasound of her that your people are so terrified of us seeing.

Why does the being Jewish matter?
I picked a group that's been historically deprived of personhood. Black people and women would have been equally obvious substitutions in your prior argument.

The fact that we are having this discussion in the 21st century gives you a clue about how the Nazi party got away with the Holocaust.

So we can use classes of humans we've chosen to legally define as non-people as sources of vital tissues for medical research that will benefit real people? Awesome. There are lots of people who agree with you across the political spectrum.

Tissues have to be voluntarily donated. They can't just be taken.

So we can use classes of humans we've chosen to legally define as non-people as sources of vital tissues for medical research, so long as that research benefits real people? Awesome. There are lots of people who agree with you across the political spectrum.
The dead and the never born, once cold, are non-people. We bury them, we don't throw them birthday parties...

"Never born" because they were human beings murdered in the womb. My neighbor has been causing some problems not controlling his weeds and dogs and it is very inconvenient to me. I'm guessing your solution is to dehumanize him so I can justify "dismissing" my little problem? Nice little rationalization you've got going on there. Wrong, immoral, but nice.
You are also confusing fetus with person. You won't win any arguments starting from a false premise.

Fetus is just a stage of personhood like child or adult. Your argument is that if you can claim a fetus isn't a person, it's ok to kill it. So, as long as KKK members don't consider blacks to be persons or I don't consider my neighbor a person, there is no moral or ethical issue with killing them, correct? I'm just trying to apply your "logic" here.
The logic here is there are persons, and there are potential persons. When you are pregnant you don't have a baby, you are, potentially, having one. If it makes it out in one piece, with a working brain, you have a person. Otherwise you have a body, living or not. It's not complicated. Batter versus cake. For cake you need time, and an oven...

Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night, eh Nancy?

So we can use classes of humans we've chosen to legally define as non-people as sources of vital tissues for medical research that will benefit real people? Awesome. There are lots of people who agree with you across the political spectrum.

The murder victims are not voluntarily donating their organs.

The murder victims are not voluntarily donating their organs.

Murder victims? You really are a right wing nut, aren't you.

Who is killing your family?
Here's a nice simple starting point: Family trees Tracing the world s ancestor - BBC News

Tl; dr: Draw up your genealogy. I'll show you mine. We'll find each other in our own because they're both just slivers of the same much larger tree. We're family whether you like it or not, cousin. :)

The fact that we are all descendent from the same place has been known for like.....forever. That's not what your post seemed to imply.

Forum List

Back