So what will you do with your five months?

But if you only have five months, you wouldn't change things up at least a little?

I'd like to start using a "Whitening" toothpaste.

That seems reasonable. Five months is plenty of time to get several shades whiter.

I was just reading where a group of folks is convinced that the world will end on May 21. My seemingly more scholarly source--okay Jillian doesn't like that word--however says the torment begins May 21--I'm trusting that we can effectively avoid most of that--and it will all be over October 21. I for one am grateful to have the extra five months, but I will have to go ahead and pay the bills I guess.

it's not that i don't "like" the word. it's that calling endtimer loons "scholarly" is a misnomer and gives them far more credence then they're worth.

That seems reasonable. Five months is plenty of time to get several shades whiter.

I was just reading where a group of folks is convinced that the world will end on May 21. My seemingly more scholarly source--okay Jillian doesn't like that word--however says the torment begins May 21--I'm trusting that we can effectively avoid most of that--and it will all be over October 21. I for one am grateful to have the extra five months, but I will have to go ahead and pay the bills I guess.

it's not that i don't "like" the word. it's that calling endtimer loons "scholarly" is a misnomer and gives them far more credence then they're worth.

hey--there are educated loons

If I believed this nonsense I'd be applying for credit cards which I would MAX out.

Then I suppose I'd do a bit of traveling to the many places I've been planning to visit.

I was just watching a very scholarly video, complete with lots of Bible Scripture and everything, that says May 21 will begin a five-month countdown for the end of life on Earth as we know it. There will be five months of various kinds of torment--fire, floods, famine, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, terrible storms, wars, and chaos--and then. . . .

The World is scheduled to end on October 21, 2011.

So. . . . .

If you decide to believe this is true. . . .

What will you do with your five months?

Laugh myself silly at the gullibility of people who believe this crap! As for five months of various kinds of torment--fire, floods, famine, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, terrible storms and wars, what's new? This has been a fact of life throughout history. It still is!

And while we develop an imagination in those folks that don't seem to have one, maybe we can also infuse a sense of humor and lightheartedness?

Playing along for the mere entertainment of it all ......

I think I'd like to catch as many sunrises and sunsets as I could.
Uhm ... perhaps travel this country since there is so much of it I haven't seen. But, if we have all the fire and brimstone crap going on, travel might be a problem.
Contact the most important people in my Life to let them know how much of a pleasure it was to have them be part of my Life.

Jillian, if I intended this to be a discussion on eschatology, I would have put it in the religion forum. I didn't.

If I intended this to be a discussion on loons, I would have put it in the politics forum. I didn't.

And while we develop an imagination in those folks that don't seem to have one, maybe we can also infuse a sense of humor and lightheartedness?

Playing along for the mere entertainment of it all ......

I think I'd like to catch as many sunrises and sunsets as I could.
Uhm ... perhaps travel this country since there is so much of it I haven't seen. But, if we have all the fire and brimstone crap going on, travel might be a problem.
Contact the most important people in my Life to let them know how much of a pleasure it was to have them be part of my Life.

Now there's a concept I could enjoy. I love being on the beach making sand castles and watching the waves roll in. Since I won't really need my retirement funds long term, maybe use most just for the luxury of being on a semi secluded beach somewhere?

I was just watching a very scholarly video, complete with lots of Bible Scripture and everything, that says May 21 will begin a five-month countdown for the end of life on Earth as we know it. There will be five months of various kinds of torment--fire, floods, famine, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, terrible storms, wars, and chaos--and then. . . .

So. . . . .

So it's going to be more of the same.

I swear by almight Sam Colt, on 1/2/13 I start killing people that mention the end is near, again.

I've lost count of how many times we were supposed to die.

70's ice age
mid 80's all the planets aligned
Y2K
00's global warming
march '11 pole shift
swine flu
bird flu
that skin eating desease
Wern't we all supposed to die over Easter?

now this, then 2012

So. . . . .

I swear by almight Sam Colt, on 1/2/13 I start killing people that mention the end is near, again.

70's ice age
Y2K
00's global warming
march '11 pole shift
swine flu
bird flu
that skin eating desease

now this, then 2012

But if you start killing people, you screw up the schedule.

So. . . . .

70's ice age
Y2K
00's global warming
march '11 pole shift
swine flu
bird flu
that skin eating desease

now this, then 2012

No, the end all be all is the Myan 2012 end of times thingy.

I don't want to screw up anyones holidays, so I would start the killings after the new year.

And it's not like I'd be stacking them up like cord wood. not enough bullets.

70's ice age
Y2K
00's global warming
march '11 pole shift
swine flu
bird flu
that skin eating desease

now this, then 2012

I don't want to screw up anyones holidays, so I would start the killings after the new year.

Well do you live in rural areas in the East where you'll be spending the next five months reading your Bible and cleaning your guns? :lol:

Just teasing.

I still think building sand castles on the beach is more appealing.

Well do you live in rural areas in the East where you'll be spending the next five months reading your Bible and cleaning your guns? :lol:

Just teasing.

I still think building sand castles on the beach is more appealing.

It's all good.

I've answered this end of days question many times over and have heard tons of replies.

It's all the same;
Drink a fine bottle of wine
hump everything in site
find a quite spot
spend time with family

It all assumes you can't make it. And I'm simply not the kind of person to go down w/o a fight.

I'd gather all the supplies I could, google the deepest cave, with water that's in the middle of nowhere, go as deeply into it as possible and ride out the worst.

If the cave gives in, then it was just meant to be, if not, me and my family will be some of the survivors.

That's actually an interesting perspective Two.

I wonder how many people would try to survive the 'end' by digging themselves in and preparing for the worst? I was just looking at it as a done deal and nobody would be left, and what would I want to do knowing I only had five months to get it done?

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! ... human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Quick ... what movie?

Are you a God?
No.
Then, DIE!
"If I'm wrong, I go to jail. Happily. I'll enjoy it. But if I'm right, and we can stop this thing... Lenny... You will just have saved the lives of MILLIONS... of registered voters."

Dammit. Now I gotta watch that again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back