So what will you do with your five months?

I was talking with a guy who constantly reads the Bible and attends church, pardon the word, "Religiously". Yes, I do have friends like that. He knows I'm a "heathen", but we are still friends.

According to him, Jesus said only his father knows when the world will end.

So do the American Christians also know only what Gawd knows? Hilarious.

I wonder if your friend would realize this is not a 'religious' thread?

First comment:

I was just watching a very scholarly video, complete with lots of Bible Scripture and everything, that says May 21 will begin a five-month countdown for the end of life on Earth as we know it. There will be five months of various kinds of torment--fire, floods, famine, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, terrible storms, wars, and chaos--and then. . . .

The World is scheduled to end on October 21, 2011.

----------------------------------------------

What kind of thread would you call it?

Oops!

I was talking with a guy who constantly reads the Bible and attends church, pardon the word, "Religiously". Yes, I do have friends like that. He knows I'm a "heathen", but we are still friends.

According to him, Jesus said only his father knows when the world will end.

So do the American Christians also know only what Gawd knows? Hilarious.

First comment:

I was just watching a very scholarly video, complete with lots of Bible Scripture and everything, that says May 21 will begin a five-month countdown for the end of life on Earth as we know it. There will be five months of various kinds of torment--fire, floods, famine, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, terrible storms, wars, and chaos--and then. . . .

Oops!

It's okay dear. Nobody expects everybody to grasp every concept. You'll be okay someday. I'm sure.

First comment:

Oops!

It's okay dear. Nobody expects everybody to grasp every concept. You'll be okay someday. I'm sure.

Because "Bible Scripture" isn't religious. OK, I get it.

So, the world is going to end on October 21, 2011... I suppose I better get to work on that darned jig saw puzzle I've been working on now and then. I'm still searching for the boarder. Been at it for 3 months. Best step it up a little. It should be pretty when it's done. Got a real pretty modernish picture of a chicken on the box. Some puzzle company named Kellogg's made it. I never knew they made puzzles. I've never had a puzzle before that smelled like corn. Must be something new.

I really thought you were going for the blond who was so proud that she completed the jigsaw puzzle in two months when the box clearly said 3 to 6 years.

But we do have a large supply of unworked jigsaw puzzles, but would that be a priority for our last five months on earth? Just seems like a body would choose something more memorable to do in that time? But then what good would memories be. It is a puzzler for sure.

So. . . . .

If you decide to believe this is true. . . .

What will you do with your five months?

if it says that, it shouldn't be considered "scholarly".

Is there something in the water that some people drink that makes them unable to see any concept in a thread other than a key word or phrase or person that they feel compelled to attack?

Come on guys. Surely even the most wingiest wingnut can at least think about what they would do if we all only have five months left on Earth. It really is not an ideological or technical issue.

Is there something in the water that some people drink that makes them unable to see any concept in a thread other than a key word or phrase or person that they feel compelled to attack?

Come on guys. Surely even the most wingiest wingnut can at least think about what they would do if we all only have five months left on Earth. It really is not an ideological or technical issue.

It is too----It's on the interwebz and that's technical---You really thought you could sneak that by us, huh?

It is too----It's on the interwebz and that's technical---You really thought you could sneak that by us, huh?

Well yeah. If we can pretend the world will end on October 21, it shouldn't be too difficult for somebody with an I.Q. above 90 to pretend that they will have to live their lives during that five months and pretend that there aren't numbnuts on the internet dumb enough to actually argue about it. :)

um... that isn't what you asked. you said there was a "scholarly" presentation. that's impossible given what it puts forth.

now had your thread asked... ."if you only had five months to live what would you do".... that might have been worth a conversation.

surely even the most wingiest wingnut can see that.

And while we develop an imagination in those folks that don't seem to have one, maybe we can also infuse a sense of humor and lightheartedness?

I'll probably work and go to baseball games...until June. After that, I'll just work.

But if you only have five months, you wouldn't change things up at least a little?

I'd like to start using a "Whitening" toothpaste.

That seems reasonable. Five months is plenty of time to get several shades whiter.

I was just reading where a group of folks is convinced that the world will end on May 21. My seemingly more scholarly source--okay Jillian doesn't like that word--however says the torment begins May 21--I'm trusting that we can effectively avoid most of that--and it will all be over October 21. I for one am grateful to have the extra five months, but I will have to go ahead and pay the bills I guess.

But if you only have five months, you wouldn't change things up at least a little?

That seems reasonable. Five months is plenty of time to get several shades whiter.

I was just reading where a group of folks is convinced that the world will end on May 21. My seemingly more scholarly source--okay Jillian doesn't like that word--however says the torment begins May 21--I'm trusting that we can effectively avoid most of that--and it will all be over October 21. I for one am grateful to have the extra five months, but I will have to go ahead and pay the bills I guess.

Why pay bills if the world is going to end? It is not like the collection agencies will be spared.

Why pay bills if the world is going to end? It is not like the collection agencies will be spared.

Because I'll want food, a roof over my head, electricity, and stuff like that for the five months. :)

William Miller (preacher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

End time cults.

Beware of anyone who claims they know the day and hour of the Lord's return. We may be able to get in the ballpark, because scripture does say that like a woman in labor, we'll have some warning, but the exact time is unknown.

Lastly, I've done a bunch of research on my own in this subject and for me, one key event to be aware of is the peace treaty between Israel and it's neighbors for 7 years. According to my understanding, the one who is the architect of that treaty is the anti-christ and that 'starts the clock ticking', so to speak. I'm not saying that exactly 7 years later, but sometime IN that 7 years is my understanding.

So, as it stands now, Israel is still not at peace, no one has managed a treaty with her neighbors... I've got some time left.

:)

So. . . . .

If you decide to believe this is true. . . .

What will you do with your five months?

Ill let you know on Oct. 22.

Forum List

Back