So what was out ROI on our Goldman Sachs TARP "investment"?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Libruls are always quick to call government spending an "investment" and you and I know that, as usual, they're lying, but here we have a situation where the Gubbamint made an "investment" in Goldman Sachs, a real live operating entity who made record profits this quarter.

What's our ROI?

Bank of America didn't do too bad either. The Gubbamint must be rolling in dough from these "investments" no?

Timmy Geither, I'll lend you my 25 year old HP-12 you tell me our ROI. Deal?

Last edited:
Libruls are always quick to call government spending an "investment" and you and I know that, as usual, their lying, but here we have a situation where the Gubbamint made an "investment" in Goldman Sachs, a real live operating entity who made record profits this quarter.

What's our ROI?

Bank of America didn't do too bad either. The Gubbamint must be rolling in dough from these "investments" no?

We're getting the money back from the banks. What are we getting back from that "investment" in Iraq? That was many billions of dollars that we will never see again.

Libruls are always quick to call government spending an "investment" and you and I know that, as usual, their lying, but here we have a situation where the Gubbamint made an "investment" in Goldman Sachs, a real live operating entity who made record profits this quarter.

What's our ROI?

Elizabeth Warren explained this back in April on the Daily Show.

Elizabeth Warren Makes Jon Stewart Feel Better On "Daily Show" (VIDEO)

Why didn't you listen when I told you back in April? Now you are putting this on Obama?

It started under bush and happened because of GOP policies. What a fucking partisan hack bitch you must be.

PS. You're crying about billions and I can't get anyone to care about $9 trillion the Fed took out in the last 8 months. Is it because you can't get yourself to complain about private corporations? Does that go agaisnt everything rush and O'Reilly taught you?

One Penny Sheet » Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion video

What's our ROI?

We're getting the money back from the banks. What are we getting back from that "investment" in Iraq? That was many billions of dollars that we will never see again.

But he's right that for every $1, we only got about 60 cents a share, and then the stocks tanked below 50 cents and thats why the bankers want to pay us back so quickly.

But the stupid fuck is trying to blame Obama. Get used to it. They are going to be doing this non stop until the 2010 election. Its going to get frustrating. I almost want to tune it out until next year.

And one of these right wing jackoffs in a month or two is going to tell me about this

When I've been telling them for months! They don't listen to me. But when Rush points it out and lies that this was done on Obama's watch, then he'll pay attention. Actually, some of it was done on his watch, some on Bush's watch.

But what can Obama do when these people will defend the bankers/slave owners no matter what they do.

And they get hard ons when they find dems that act just like Republicans. Example, they love NAFTA, but always bring up that Clinton signed NAFTA. But they aren't saying it in a nice way. They're blaming him. Funny, but they don't seem to want to fix or undo nafta, so why don't they praise Clinton for signing it? Hypocrites.

Politics are frustrating. I've proven them idiots 1000 times over and still they say I'm the fool. Maybe I am, for even trying.

What's our ROI?

Bush was president when he asked for Congress to vote out the TARP funds.

Quite a selective memory there....

If we didn't get the money back, you'd be whining...

We got the money back, you're whining....

do you ever not whine? Or should we get you some cheese?

What's our ROI?

Don't forget how Bush and Paulson wanted the TARP to be structured.

Dirty Secret Of The Bailout: Thirty-Two Words That None Dare Utter

God I love the internet. Can you remember how hard it was before we could archive?

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

The deal proposed by Paulson is nothing short of outrageous. It includes no oversight of his own closed-door operations. It merely gives congressional blessing and funding to what he has already been doing, ad hoc. He plans to retain Wall Street firms as advisors to decide just how to cut deals to value and mop up Wall Street's dubious paper. There are to be no limits on executive compensation for the firms that get relief, and no equity share for the government in exchange for this massive infusion of capital.

So the GOP didn't want any oversite and they didn't want any limits on exec compensation. So then why were they crying about Dodd and the AIG bonus?

Do right wingers realize they are being manipulated or do they truly believe the bullshit they say? Like, do they know they were teabagging Obama or did they truly believe those protests were about fiscal responsibility. Do they realize their own hypocricy?

What's our ROI?

Nobody ever asked Congress to fund a war by calling it an "investment"

What's our ROI?

Elizabeth Warren explained this back in April on the Daily Show.

Elizabeth Warren Makes Jon Stewart Feel Better On "Daily Show" (VIDEO)

Why didn't you listen when I told you back in April? Now you are putting this on Obama?

It started under bush and happened because of GOP policies. What a fucking partisan hack bitch you must be.

PS. You're crying about billions and I can't get anyone to care about $9 trillion the Fed took out in the last 8 months. Is it because you can't get yourself to complain about private corporations? Does that go agaisnt everything rush and O'Reilly taught you?

Hey! Why the fuck are you shooting at me! I'm on your side here!

In my book Dubya is in the same league as Benedict Arnold, Aldrich Ames and Robert Hanson.

The Fed could have paid off EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN HOUSEHOLD mortgage with the money they've secretly handed out.

AUDIT THE FUCKERS TODAY!

Americans get ripped off and all you can do is argue about who's fault it was. That's exactly wh ywe will continue to get ripped off.

What's our ROI?

who is "we?"

What's our ROI?

who is "we?"

The libs are still working on their entirely made-up answer to that one.

Last edited:
Libruls are always quick to call government spending an "investment" and you and I know that, as usual, they're lying, but here we have a situation where the Gubbamint made an "investment" in Goldman Sachs, a real live operating entity who made record profits this quarter.

What's our ROI?

Pay attention, would ya?

Banks Blessed by Feds Repay TARP | Banks | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com

Goldman Sachs repays government investment - Yahoo! Finance

Morgan Stanley pays back $10B in bailout funds - Yahoo! Finance

Bank of New York Mellon repays TARP funds - Yahoo! Finance

What's our ROI?

Nobody ever asked Congress to fund a war by calling it an "investment"

Really? Wasn't the invasion considered an investment in the possibilities for democratizing Iraq and thereafter other rogue geopolitical regions in the area? (I mean AFTER no WMD were found...)

Also, the US Government maintains a sub-agency specifically for private investment in projects in Iraq. Proof positive that large government expenditures for risky projects also attracts private enterprise.

http://www.trade.gov/iraq/
This site is maintained by the Iraq Investment and Reconstruction Task Force (IIRTF) of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The IIRTF provides information and counseling to companies pursuing business opportunities in Iraq.

who is "we?"

In this case, "we" is the Treasury. TARP funds have always been misconstrued as being "bailouts" but were actually loans, the collateral being Treasury ownership of preferred stock, which banks are buying back. There was no intention to make money; instead to prop them up (regardless of fault) to prevent the total collapse of the economy. I cannot for the life of me understand why there are still people who can't comprehend that.

What's our ROI?

i take issue with obama using fear mongering to get his bailout/spendulus plan passed.....obviously he was wrong and so was bush

can you take off your partisan hat for a minute and admit it?

What's our ROI?

5% + saving the financial system.

who is "we?"

In this case, "we" is the Treasury. TARP funds have always been misconstrued as being "bailouts" but were actually loans, the collateral being Treasury ownership of preferred stock, which banks are buying back. There was no intention to make money; instead to prop them up (regardless of fault) to prevent the total collapse of the economy. I cannot for the life of me understand why there are still people who can't comprehend that.

oh good fuck, how is GM going to buy itself back? how is acorn going to pay anything back? good fucking god you "people" will sign off on anything unless it actually makes sense.

Forum List

Back