So what do I have to look forward to on government healthcare?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
That seems to be where we're headed so what's on the horizion besides the so called death panels? Anyone on a government program now what's the scoop?

Like any other bullshit out there when it comes to insurance and banksters delving unlawfully into your pocketbook and private life, NOTHING unless you get lucky.

• Banned
That seems to be where we're headed so what's on the horizion besides the so called death panels? Anyone on a government program now what's the scoop?

Had "government" healthcare for 20 years in the military. It was awesome. The other "government" Heath insurance that just happens to be VERY popular? Medicare.

Americans With Government Health Plans Most Satisfied
Well I expect the military to be taken care of better than anyone else.
How much will this cost the average American? I don't know anything about this stuff beyond what my grandmother was on.

Had "government" healthcare for 20 years in the military. It was awesome. The other "government" Heath insurance that just happens to be VERY popular? Medicare.

How much will this cost the average American? I don't know anything about this stuff beyond what my grandmother was on.
Tax policy center said bernie sanders plan would cost 32 trillion more than what it costs now, over a 10 year period.. If that helps.

You would expect that yet we have the VA. Imagine if that's considered the best you can get.

If we implement a socialized healthcare program, it will most likely just provide a baseline of benefits. Insurance companies will still offer value-added policies. So if you want better benefits than the government program offers, you can purchase one of the value-added policies.

The result will be that you get the sum of benefits from both the government program and the insurance policies.

This means that the insurance companies will not be run out of business by the government.

At least that's how i'd do it.

Of course, the real problem - the cost of health care - will still not be solved.

No death panels. No preexisting conditions or lifetime caps. No long questionnaires about health history, no height and weight, just your age and if you smoke. Free cancer screenings, and copays included in OOP max.
Pay according to income.

Think of something like a cross between how Obama ran The VA, and the movie Soylent Green.
Or as I like to call it, "Al Gore Green"

The Planet has a fever and people are the virus.

Kill the virus to cure the fever!

No death panels. No preexisting conditions or lifetime caps. No long questionnaires about health history, no height and weight, just your age and if you smoke. Free cancer screenings, and copays included in OOP max.
Pay according to income.
You're fucking delusional.

This according to Pubs and Trump:
upload_2017-7-18_16-41-5.png

Pay according to income.
You're fucking delusional.

Show me the error in what I said?? Its all true. You are the one who is delusional. Under the ACA you would be covered for mental illness and they will not charge you more.

Medicare Advantage and it's been great.

Most people on Medicare have no problems.

Now the above two may not work as well in certain parts of the country. Admiral where ever he lives says they could not find a doc to accept Medicare.

Don't know about a single payer system.

Think of something like a cross between how Obama ran The VA, and the movie Soylent Green.
Or as I like to call it, "Al Gore Green"

The Planet has a fever and people are the virus.

Kill the virus to cure the fever!

Obama and the VA? Look back at all the Presidents on how the VA was run.

It'll be just like the VA only with more people and longer waiting times. I have a brother at the mercy of the VA. He has a bad shoulder- torn disc- and they messed around with physical therapy and pain pills for 2 years. He couldn't work during that time and lost his job. They finally said he was too old to get the surgery approved to fix the shoulder. They waited till he turned 50, which apparently is the cut off for qualifying for many procedures.

In the military, we relied on the base medical facility. That was always fun trying to get an appointment. You'd start calling at 8:00 a.m. The phone would be busy for about an hour and usually all appointments were booked by the time you got through. A recording would tell you to try again tomorrow. If you felt you couldn't wait, you had to call a number and talk to someone to get approved for an ER visit. They also rationed care, such as MRIs or ultrasounds. Only so many were allowed each month and when the limit was reached, you got put on the waiting list for the next month. That rarely meant you would get the test the next month since there were already people from the last several months ahead of you. It got worse as time went on.

Many times, you'd get a doctor who spoke very poor English. It was frustrating, to say the least.

Government is not good at running things and they never will be. They are great at promising the moon and stars but always fail to deliver and it comes down to money. That means rationing and waiting lists that grow longer by the day.

Last edited:

Pay according to income.
it kinda helps the doctor if they know your health history....just sayin....

Pay according to income.
it kinda helps the doctor if they know your health history....just sayin....

Well of course, but the insurance companies do not need to know it. They are paper pushers.

Pay according to income.

Sounds good, but I don't think insurance companies should have to cover things rough on by wild living. Things like drinking or drug abuse including smoking and recreational pot. Those and extream sports folks. People who do those things SHOULD have to pay more then folks who don't.

Forum List

Back