So what are you First World American fat bastids having for New Year's dinner?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Honey-glazed spiral-cut ham, good ol' black-eyed peas, baked potatoes with three butter patties and sour cream, cole slaw, and freshly-cut pineapple chunks. Not even President Trump gets three patties of butter.

It's good to be an 'murrican. :biggrin:

dinner1.jpg

dinner2.jpg

dinner3.jpg

dinner4.jpg

dinner5.jpg

dinner6.jpg

dinner7.jpg

As is tradition, I put a bunch of kielbasa, sauerkraut, and hot dogs in the crockpot. We also cooked a pork roast with the Sous Vide machine.

As is tradition, I put a bunch of kielbasa, sauerkraut, and hot dogs in the crockpot. We also cooked a pork roast with the Sous Vide machine.

First World American fat bastid. :laughing0301:

I had overcooked rice with some potatoes and chicken mixed in. Really disgusting. Food stamps ran out a couple of years ago. Can't work with my broken foot so no income.

Yum to all the above

We smoked a pork roast and a ham, black eyed peas slow cooked over night, served with rice and cornbread. Started with a salad.

Leftover homemade chicken noodle soup. I took a huge batch to my mom the other day. Good thing too because we are snowed in now ( first time since 2006/2007).

Honey-glazed spiral-cut ham, good ol' black-eyed peas, baked potatoes with three butter patties and sour cream, cole slaw, and freshly-cut pineapple chunks. Not even President Trump gets three patties of butter.

dinner1.jpg

dinner2.jpg

dinner3.jpg

dinner4.jpg

dinner5.jpg

dinner6.jpg

dinner7.jpg
Margaritas, enchiladas and carne asada......yum!

dinner1.jpg

dinner2.jpg

dinner3.jpg

dinner4.jpg

dinner5.jpg

dinner6.jpg

dinner7.jpg

Is that red/orange pepper in the slaw? :dunno: I've never seen that done before. Just usually cabbage & carrots & maybe a bit of onion with the dressing. Looks good though. :thup: What kind of glaze on the ham??

This year we had ham for Christmas and Prime Rib for New Years and now that the Holidays are over....life can get back to normal

last night we had a special dinner... filet minion, sauteed fresh spinach, baked potato, sliced ripe tomatoes

new years- baked, glazed with brown sugar and pineapple slices on a Ham Butt, black eyed peas, collard greens, home made corn bread, sweet potato casserole

every new years, it is the same dinner, for the past 25 years, and the 25 years before that, at mom and dad's

the only variations over the years is sometimes fresh spinach or mustard greens replaces the collard greens, and sometimes we have candied yams verses the sweet potato casserole

I live in the Great White North and we don't do any New Year's food. I didn't grow up with it and don't know anyone around here who does beans, greens, pork or any such thing. But I'm reading a lot about it here recently. I wonder if it's a regional thing?

One thing I am very vigilant about though--call it a superstition or something like--the Christmas trees do not come down BEFORE New Year but as soon after as possible. Both came down yesterday. Today would have been fine too, but this weekend...too late.

I went to a restaurant in my area named Roma 3 on New Years Eve. They have great spaghetti and garlic bread there so that is what I ate.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back