So we a Theocracy now?...

Yet if God moves those who are in gov't, those who make the rules? Which by the way would logically be the case when christ returns to rule mankind for a thousand years.

But his people will not be driven by greed, as we are. So, they will naturally select a system that would care for the entire group, no longer being driven by greed, the impusle to hoard wealth. This won't be something conservastive christians will be comfortable with. Assuming they make the cut of course....

Do you think Christ will approve of abortions during that thousand year reign? I was just curious since you allude to one political group not making the cut.

Interesting question.

Does the instruction to love our neighbor mean we should pay for her abortion if she doesn't have enough money for that?

What would Jesus do?
Side with life?

Maybe after three years, Obama is realizing the job requires help from above. Soon he will learn Republicans are not his enemies unless he swears they are to the entire universe as he has been doing for the last 3 years. Do you think by the 4th year, which he is presently occupying, he will realize you can actually work things out with Republicans without constantly knifing them in the back with a communist agenda?

I was kind of hoping he'd have a feel for America by now.

Nope. I have to see some give and take first. I haven't seen a smidgen of that yet.

All I have seen him do is bypass Congress. That is going to cost him his seat in the Oval Office.
That's the problem. He has NEVER had a feel for America. He as a young person sought out Marxists/Communists.

His agenda is clear. WE must be like everyone else. Remember what he said of American exceptionalism?

He doesn't belive in it. Never has, never will.
I hope he does someday embrace all that America is, and that it stands against monarchies, oligarchies, and criminal governments that murder its own citizens as though they were enemies instead of citizens of their country. We are paying too high a price for tolerance with money being doled out like candy to Obama supporters on the bases of shaky businesses that are likely to go straight under and take taxpayer guarantees with them. "Going under" with 500 billion bucks taxpayers put up without even a request from Washington is not a fair situation to the people, and it has a terrible smell. It rewards do-nothings with worker tax money.

Obama has squandered his credibility by pushing for quick money to these financial swindlers/green quack hacks.

They knew damn sure they weren't going to make money, and a year after a President tells the treasury "Hurry up, pay Solyndra right now!!!!!!!" Solyndra goes bankrupt and lays off 11,500 people all in one day is so corrupt, I hope the people of this country get smart and get a Republican in their district just to clean up the corruption that's been created in the name of "green" solutions. Their only solution was to steal money from taxpayers so they could keep supporting Democrats.

How can people not see this for what it is? It's quid quo pro to the tune of half a billion here and half a billion there for buds until you get to five trillion dollars that Obama has spent since January 20, 2009. Enough already for the bailout bums.

This nation can't afford Obama's supporters.

People call on God when it's already too late. God gives us brains and free will to prevent ourselves from getting in messes.

I've typed for years about this, but like this thread, Theocracy-as-a-matter-of-intellectual=inferiority is always shoved in the face of one who believes in God.

If alive today, George Washington himself would be beaten up by online poseurs and thugs for his Protestant Christian faith, because he wrote it into every speech, every directive, every formal communication he made as President of the United States, both in public speech and in private discussions.

He prayed for the nation to a merciful God that this nation would stand against all assailants. About the only assault that harms us come from those we've accepted in as citizens based on desire, not on religious background. The reciprocity of respect for free speech is not a high price considering the blessings of liberty America offers.

Last edited:

You have a problem with the idea that God chose Bush to lead us at this time? I dont have a problem realizing that He chose Obama for these past 3 years.

See God gives us what we need and deserve. Sometimes we need a leader to inspire us and build our faith. Sometimes we need a leader to try our faith and remind us that it is God that we are supposed to rely on and not worldly leaders.

Maybe after three years, Obama is realizing the job requires help from above. Soon he will learn Republicans are not his enemies unless he swears they are to the entire universe as he has been doing for the last 3 years. Do you think by the 4th year, which he is presently occupying, he will realize you can actually work things out with Republicans without constantly knifing them in the back with a communist agenda?

I was kind of hoping he'd have a feel for America by now.

Nope. I have to see some give and take first. I haven't seen a smidgen of that yet.

All I have seen him do is bypass Congress. That is going to cost him his seat in the Oval Office.
That's the problem. He has NEVER had a feel for America. He as a young person sought out Marxists/Communists.

His agenda is clear. WE must be like everyone else. Remember what he said of American exceptionalism?

I hope he does someday embrace all that America is, and that it stands against monarchies, oligarchies, and criminal governments that murder its own citizens as though they wre enemies instead of citizens of their country.
This is why he must be voted OUT of office. He needs to go back to square one and learn American history...preferably OUT of office where he belongs.
We are paying too high a price for tolerance with money being doled out like candy to Obama supporters on the bases of shaky businesses that are likely to go straight under and take taxpayer guarantees with them. "Going under" with 500 billion bucks taxpayers put up without request from Washington is not a fair situation, and it has a terrible smell. It rewards do-nothings with worker tax money.
If you're a friend of Obama? Hey? How much do you need? The American people are stupid, and will gladly pay. WE in Gubmint will run interference of intimidation for you.

Obama has squandered his credibility by pushing for quick money to these financial swindlers/green quack hacks.
As he requests anothe 1.2 Trillion on the budget ceiling, as the Congress has yet to pass a constitutionally mandated budget.

They knew damn sure they weren't going to make money, and a year after a President tells the treasury "Hurry up, pay Solyndra right now!!!!!!!" Solyndra goes bankrupt and lays off 11,500 people all in one day is so corrupt, I hope the people of this country get smart and get a Republican in their district just to clean up the corruption that's been created in the name of "green" solutions. Their only solution was to steal money from taxpayers so they could keep supporting Democrats.
Green has been exposed for the fraud that it is...

How can people not see this for what it is? It's quid quo pro to the tune of half a billion here and half a billion there for buds tilll you get to five trillion dollars that Obama has spent since January 20, 2009. Enough already for the bailout bums
.With almost 1/2 of the country not paying Federal income taxes but getting money back for NOT paying, and living in a safety net that has turned into a hammock courtesy of the power brokers in the District of Criminals but for thier own ensconced power...? Why complain? Rock the boat? Derail the gravy train paid for on the backs of others?

This nation can't afford Obama's supporters.
Bigtime. We're broke. Have been. But hey? Call for taking all wealth way from the 'rich', thier assets...and it will run the monster for about nine months...then what when that's gone?

People call on God when it's already too late. God gives us brains and free will to prevent ourselves from getting in messes.
First, listen to God's words and when you arrive at that point you won't have to call on God, because you will already know what to do.

I've typed for years about this, but like this thread, Theocracy-as-a-matter-of-intellectual=inferiority is always shoved in the face of one who believes in God.
That's because the Statists in our midsts haven't been taught any better and themselves are victims of Gubmint schrools...and thier own idiocy as they scream for more of what doesn't belong to them in the first place because of thier gubmint induced laziness.

It's that simple.

If alive today, George Washington himself would be beaten up by online poseurs and thugs for his Protestant Christian faith, because he wrote it into every speech, every directive, every formal communication he made as President of the United States, both in public speech and in private discussions.
Back then it was accepted by most...and even the non belivers were not held in contempt...but rather shown a better way thorugh liberty as endowed by thier creator and endorsed by far-seeing folks whom recognized, embellished, and endorsed it in the Constitution on the Foundation of the Declaration. (But Washingtom was merely pandering in the eyes of today's Statist Democrat...)
He prayed for the nation to a merciful God that this nation would stand against all assailants. About the only assault that harms us come from those we've accepted in as citizens based on desire, not on religious background.
Today? They are splintered by the same politicians Washington hoped got the message and would endeavoutr to preserve it. My wasn't he silly for such a thought? Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Interesting we were OK until the early 20th century?

The reciprocity of respect for free speech is not a high price considering the blessings of liberty America offers.
And why the Founders were adept in thier homework making damned sure that we could redress grievences no matter what and whomever. Problem now is reprisals from the same gubmint...and even those exercising thiers while telling YOU that you cannot.

What a twisted world has been weaved.

So quickly <condescending insult omitted> forget, Bush spoke to <false name for the Lord omitted>, he even advised him on invading Iraq and killing <falsehood omitted>, you forgot already? You think all the dead are in heaven now? More are coming everyday from Iraq, it seems from the chaos that <false and disrespectfully denigrating reference to the Lord omitted> advice to Bush was misunderstood, do you think that sometimes it may just be the voices in heads, rather than the words of the main woman?

Obama's comment is consistent with most Christian Americans, a rare, rare breed today. Read the quote rather than the filter.

"And so when I talk about our financial institutions playing by the same rules as folks on Main Street, when I talk about making sure insurance companies aren’t discriminating against those who are already sick, or making sure that unscrupulous lenders aren’t taking advantage of the most vulnerable among us, I do so because I genuinely believe it will make the economy stronger for everybody. But I also do it because I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years, and I believe in God’s command to 'love thy neighbor as thyself.'"

Question for the <disrespectful name for your fellow posters at USMB omitted> criticizing Obama - Could an atheist get elected president in America?
Hope not.

You have a problem with the idea that God chose Bush to lead us at this time? I dont have a problem realizing that He chose Obama for these past 3 years.

See God gives us what we need and deserve. Sometimes we need a leader to inspire us and build our faith. Sometimes we need a leader to try our faith and remind us that it is God that we are supposed to rely on and not worldly leaders.
indeed. it's a wake up call. Obama needs to go.

atheistschristians.jpg

reasonisthegreatestenemytg6.jpg

The reciprocity of respect for free speech is not a high price considering the blessings of liberty America offers.
And why the Founders were adept in thier homework making damned sure that we could redress grievences no matter what and whomever. Problem now is reprisals from the same gubmint...and even those exercising thiers while telling YOU that you cannot.

What a twisted world has been weaved.
Still, I believe in America. I believe God has a good purpose for our nation still, thanks to the prayers of the founders who were in every way his own. I can only hope and pray he will correct those who need it so that they will be better persons, and that he will reconcile the nation to himself and we to each other as he repeatedly warned a people who earlier ignored him at their own peril, and against all they knew to be the truth as told them by their elders in faith.

Last edited:
Yet if God moves those who are in gov't, those who make the rules? Which by the way would logically be the case when christ returns to rule mankind for a thousand years.

But his people will not be driven by greed, as we are. So, they will naturally select a system that would care for the entire group, no longer being driven by greed, the impusle to hoard wealth. This won't be something conservastive christians will be comfortable with. Assuming they make the cut of course....

Do you think Christ will approve of abortions during that thousand year reign? I was just curious since you allude to one political group not making the cut.

Interesting question.

Does the instruction to love our neighbor mean we should pay for her abortion if she doesn't have enough money for that?

What would Jesus do?
Jesus never mentioned abortion.

Really? Then maybe he should get his ass down here and be President. As far as I'm concerned, any God who would want us to rely on him/her is too petty to be a true God. Divinity has given us the ability to rely on ourselves. We need to start taking responsibility, not passing the blame to whatever god we might choose.

Interesting question.

What would Jesus do?
Jesus never mentioned abortion.

One thing I find interesting when a discusion of the Bible comes up. People never seen to want to relate the teachings to themselves, only to the people with whom they do not agree. I think our world would be a richer one if we at least tried to see the beam in our own eye. :eek:

Forum List

Back