Should the U.S. cut foreign aid

Should America cut/decrease foreign aid

• Total voters
Feb 1, 2012
Billions and billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars go to maintaining foreign military's. Should we cut some/all of this funding?

$37B in Economic Aid
$15B in Military Aid

Cutting both will not balance out budget.

First it is understood that not all "economic aid" sent to a country is used for said purpose. Secondly you mean to tell me that we couldn't use at least 15 billion dollars in our own country?

$37B in Economic Aid
$15B in Military Aid

Cutting both will not balance out budget.

First it is understood that not all "economic aid" sent to a country is used for said purpose. Secondly you mean to tell me that we couldn't use at least 15 billion dollars in our own country?

If the GOP allowed us to, yes, we could use it. But other countries can use it more. The dollar is weaker than in the past, but it still goes along way overseas.

I definitely think we should start by canceling aid to countries that own someof our debt. We're giving aid to places like China, who we are indebted to? How dumb is that?

Hardly a drop in the bucket, I know. But it's a start, we oughta be going through everything and cut where it makes sense. A lot of this aid goes to places that really need it though.

Billions and billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars go to maintaining foreign military's. Should we cut some/all of this funding?

We should cut all aid to countries that hate us... simple as that.

How do we get them to like us then?

Perhaps by doing business with them to drive up their economy, or simply stay out of their business? lol but pumping billions of our tax dollars is not the way. We have sent billions of dollars to Pakistan, yet they were hiding Osama bin Laden from us for around 8 years. And I'm sorry but I do not believe that the Pakistani gov and ISI did not know Osama was there.

Last edited:
I definitely think we should start by canceling aid to countries that own someof our debt. We're giving aid to places like China, who we are indebted to? How dumb is that?

Hardly a drop in the bucket, I know. But it's a start, we oughta be going through everything and cut where it makes sense. A lot of this aid goes to places that really need it though.

Why is it America's duty to sent every freakin country in the world money if they need it. We obviously don't have a never ending supply of money, so lets try to fix some of the problems within our country, before we go around helping every other country. I understand some people really need it, but shit so do plenty of American families. How can we even contemplate giving billions of dollars to other countries when there are plenty of starving Americans right here in our own streets?

Here is the issue with the foreign aid arguement. It brings a heated discussion, but in the end it's less than 1% of the budget. It's not going to make or break us. Fight about big cuts that can actually balance the budget!

Here is the issue with the foreign aid arguement. It brings a heated discussion, but in the end it's less than 1% of the budget. It's not going to make or break us. Fight about big cuts that can actually balance the budget!

I agree totally, but I feel that we have to start somewhere. If we can all, as Americans agree to cut foreign aid, at least that is a start. We can go ahead and tackle the issues we all agree on, then try to work out other issues, like national defense, which uses 20% of our budget. Those kinds of issues will take much debate, as well it should because our national defense is important.

another thing that really doesn't help the U.S. is the amount of illegal immigrants we have living here. They are constantly exploiting the benefits of this country, and not paying taxes. Doesn't really help us out. I am all for people coming to America in search of a better life, just not at the expense of mine.

We should cut all aid to countries that hate us... simple as that.

I agree, I would start with countries like Lebanon, Yemen, the Palestinian territories, Pakistan etc etc Pakistan we won't be able to cut until we are done in Afghanistan.

Forum List

Back