So the Republicans are taking this kid's insurance?

If our son is on SSI will this change when Obama care plan kicks in or will he remain covered as for his health care or what if any changes are proposed? I did read the bill as much as I could but did not see anything in there about this unless I just missed it (so many pages)
And his current SSI does not really do all that much at all just pays for medications and basic check ups no vision or dental at all)

I assume he's covered through Medicaid right now? Medicaid will still be there and in fact it'll be paying doctors more money for a few years.

Also another question and really could not pinpoint exactly what we would have to pay for our health care. What if the only money we have left after paying rent and utilities and a few groceries and absolutely nothing left over what are our options when/if the mandatory health bill kicks in?

..and what I mean when we have no money left at all after paying our basic living expenses is really absolutely no spare change at all at the end of each month. We have been told that we still have to buy health insurance and the IRS will reimburse us at the end of the year. This does not help us right now at all though, since we have no money for that.

We are working very hard to get our business up and running smoothly and feel we are on the path to a successful company but for now...?

That depends. If you're below 1.33x the federal poverty line (which it doesn't sound like), you'll be eligible for Medicaid. Since you said you're starting your own business, I assume you're not getting insurance through an employer (although if you were, nothing would change). If you buy insurance yourself, you'll be eligible for premium subsidies. You can enter your information here to get an idea of what kind of subsidy and personal contribution you might expect.

If you do buy insurance yourself and your income is too high to quality for Medicaid but you will be eligible for subsidies to buy private insurance, there will be a program in place to make advance payments of the premium tax credit (so you don't have to wait until the end of the year to get money back). There are also exemptions if you're deemed a hardship case or if the amount you'd be required to pay exceeds a certain percentage of your income.

IOW, you will be required to buy health insurance, but if you cannot afford it, health insurance will be appointed for you, and the bill sent to your grandchildren. Who are presumably looking forward to a much brighter America, thanks to labor unions and the Chevy Volt

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I looked into it and looks pretty affordable for us at this time.

So at a meeting today, I found out that an intern that we just hired was really excited that he was now, once again, able to tag onto his parents insurance. He is about a year out of college and he was very happy to once again have health insurance.

But the Republicans are vowing to take his insurance away. Are they out of their minds?

How old is this "kid"?

A year out of college, maybe he should become a MAN and support himself?

What are we? A nation of sissy-boys now?

Forum List

Back