So, the President suddenly isn't allowed to "politicize" military victories?

I need to find that Rock Center interview online.

In his interview with Williams -- conducted in the White House Situation Room where so much of the drama played out one year ago -- the president stressed that he understood the risks of the decision, which many of his team recommended against. And he emphasized how critical it was at the time to keep the deliberations secret, even refusing to share anything with first lady Michelle Obama while Clinton kept the matter away from her husband, the former president.

“This had to be such a close-held operation,” Obama said. “There were only a handful of staff in the White House who knew about this.” He added, “Even a breath of this in the press could have chased bin Laden away. We didn't know at that point whether there might be underground tunnels coming out of that compound that would allow him to escape.” He also acknowledged that it was by no means certain that bin Laden was in the compound in Pakistan. “Ultimately, it was a 50/50 proposition as to whether this was actually bin Laden.”

Obama reveals new details on bin Laden raid - Defense - GovExec.com

so bush gets the credit even though it is no longer his watch but obama can't claim credit even though he was the CiC that made the call??

WOW!

How many times has the right tired to argue that W is no longer president to avoid holding him accountable for the economic mess that he left obama with?? LOL Funny how their position changes based on who they believe they can give the credit or blame to isn't it?

Should the proper response then be:

"Oh that's right, it was Boooooooooooooosh!"

ROFL, well said DR.

obama has just made up new details about the Bin Laden raid. Now he has to get the public to believe them.

From the interview was this line....

But despite the conflicting advice, Obama said, “It was never contentious because I think everybody understood both the pros and cons of the action. People who were advocating action understood that if this did not work, if we proved to be wrong, there would be severe geopolitical consequences and obviously most importantly, we might be putting our brave Navy SEALs in danger.” Hearing the advice, the president promised a decision Friday morning

Obama should have fired ANYONE that mentioned the "geopolitical consequences".
The only discussion should have been about the lives of the SEALs being oput at risk.

Nothing else should have mattered.

Because we ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT look at the big picture.

Right, Jarhead?

Nope. When it comes to life and death decisions the President makes as it pertains to others, his political career should not be taken into consideration.

Let me put it to you this way...

What if there was a poll that showed that popular sentiments was"if he knows where the thug is, he dam well get him or he would be deemed a loser of a President....and....intel showed that it was a 90% chance of failure....

Would you, as the wife of one of those SEALs, be happy that he was taking into consideration public reaction and his political career when deciding to send them in anyway?

That was NOT what he was talking about, and I'd hate to think you really are so dim that you don't know it.

It is exactly what he was talking about.
Why and how you can deny it is beytond me.

But I read your posts.

The man farts roses in your eyes...and he shits lilacs.

Now...before you say that in my eyes, the man can feed the hungry and I would claim it is becuase he is fattening them up for hgis dinner.....

I have had many an argument with conservatives on here when they ridicule petty spun shit about him. I have many times given him a thumbs up when deserved.

But I have very little respect for a man that applies his political career to making life and death decisions with ohter peoples lives.

And sadly....he admnitted it.

Geopolitical does not mean "Where America is concerned." It encompasses the entire globe, and what the fallout would be from failure.

"Farts roses and shits lilacs" - yeah. You would see things that way. Unless I despise him, I'm the enemy.

Geopolitical does not mean "Where America is concerned." It encompasses the entire globe, and what the fallout would be from failure.

"Farts roses and shits lilacs" - yeah. You would see things that way. Unless I despise him, I'm the enemy.

OK.....show me....where does he deserve criticism.
He has been President for 3 1/2 years.

He has the following neagitves on his resume....

Solyndra
Fast and Furious
Van Jones
unemployment above 8% his entire time
GITMO still open
Healtcare law found uncostiututional in 50% of the courts that reviewed it
His promise to cut the deficit in half never happened
Debt increased by 5 trillion
Promised to review each bill with a scalpel....then admits he didnt read the bill
Lobbyists STILL in and around the white house
No budget for his entire term

There are more...but I will stick with these....

Which of the above do you criticize him for.

Nope. When it comes to life and death decisions the President makes as it pertains to others, his political career should not be taken into consideration.

Let me put it to you this way...

What if there was a poll that showed that popular sentiments was"if he knows where the thug is, he dam well get him or he would be deemed a loser of a President....and....intel showed that it was a 90% chance of failure....

Would you, as the wife of one of those SEALs, be happy that he was taking into consideration public reaction and his political career when deciding to send them in anyway?

They weren't talking about "Public Reaction" Jarhead, when they mentioned "geo-political" consequences, they were talking about the possibility of WAR with Pakistan.

Which is obviously a situation that would have gotten many, many more Navy Seals killed, in the end.

Jarhead lives in shoulda coulda land. Every decision Obama makes Jarhead says "Obama shoulda...or he coulda...." Nothing is ever ok in shoulda coulda land because every decision shoulda been another decision.

OK.....show me....where does he deserve criticism.
He has been President for 3 1/2 years.

He has the following neagitves on his resume....

Solyndra
Fast and Furious
Van Jones
unemployment above 8% his entire time
GITMO still open
Healtcare law found uncostiututional in 50% of the courts that reviewed it
His promise to cut the deficit in half never happened
Debt increased by 5 trillion
Promised to review each bill with a scalpel....then admits he didnt read the bill
Lobbyists STILL in and around the white house
No budget for his entire term

There are more...but I will stick with these....

Which of the above do you criticize him for.

I'll be your huckleberry.

1. How is Van Jones a "negative" in any world but the right wing bubble world? Outside the Glenn Beck bizarro world, hardly anyone actually even knows who Van Jones is.

2. Who caused the economic collapse, and 2 costly wars that led to said record deficits and unemployment?

I'll tell you what, I'll be happy to blame Obama for not fixing the economic crash fast enough, if you blame Bush for crashing it in the first place.

3. Solyndra? OK, I'll blame Obama for making one bad investment, right after you give him credit for saving the auto industry.

4. The healthcare law has only been found unconstitutional in courts that are presided over by right-wing activist judges, and is in fact a positive as far as I'm concerned.

And you seem to ignore the fact that if Obama had actually got what he wanted with the healthcare law, which was a public option, there would have been nothing even vaguely unconstitutional about it. A government run health insurance option would have been covered by the same welfare clause as medicare.

5. GITMO still open? Yeah, I'll criticize him on that. Sure. He's an asshole for that one.

And none of anything that was said in this string changes this simple fact:

The Bin Laden ad that the right-wingers are all up in arms about stated two simple facts:

1. Bin Laden was killed by Obama's order

2. Romney would not have given that order.

Both of which are true.

How do we know #2 is true? Because, when asked in a debate, Romney specifically stated that he would not make raids into Pakistan even on actionable intelligence.

Therefore, according to Romney himself, he would not have made the raid that killed Bin Laden.

So, whether it's "spiking the football" or simply talking about one's one accomplishments, there is no doubt about one thing: THE AD IS ACCURATE.

What is the gripe with Van Jones? You mean the Energy guy Van Jones?

Apparently they didn't like the fact that he adhered to a Communist philosophy, and somehow his political ideology made him being a government employee a "scandal".

Perhaps you can show the class previous examples of said "gloating".

Seriously?

Televised landings of him landing on an aircraft carrier to declare "victory" in Iraq doesn't count as "gloating" in your book?

:cuckoo:

Perhaps you have the quote from Bush declaring "victory" in Iraq. I seriously did miss him saying that. I do remember him correctly saying that it was the end of major combat operations in Iraq.

And, congratulating the crew of the USS Abraham Lincoln after a very successful extended cruise was appreciated by most of us that have served in harms way.

Perhaps you have the quote from Bush declaring "victory" in Iraq. I seriously did miss him saying that. I do remember him correctly saying that it was the end of major combat operations in Iraq.

And, congratulating the crew of the USS Abraham Lincoln after a very successful extended cruise was appreciated by most of us that have served in harms way.

That's a bunch of semantics bullshit if I ever heard it. He said, specifically:

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

That would be, specifically, declaring victory.

Oh, you can try to re-write history all you want. But there's lots and lots of copies of that particular video.

Last edited:

That's a bunch of semantics bullshit if I ever heard it. He said, specifically:

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

That would be, specifically, declaring victory.

Oh, you can try to re-write history all you want. But there's lots and lots of copies of that particular video.

Exactly, but ppl just can't admit a mistake made by someone they voted for.

It was a total gaff, one so embarassing they feel lying is the only way to make it better. Just makes it worse.

Forum List

Back