So Obama & Democrats Assumed Economy Would Come Roaring Back By 2011? Another Lie?

Feb 13, 2011
Naples, Florida
:eusa_eh:

This topic should be brought up in the media considering all that's happened with the stagnant economy. Obama borrowed a few trillion "Assuming He Was Save The Economy".
Now did anyone actually believe that? Kinda hard to bring back the economy we had in the 90's when you flip off every small business owner in America. Oh Wait, but we all "Assumed" Obama was Jesus,and was going to save us just by "Being President". Obama ASSUMED that by him being President,all Americans will be confident once again and go out there and pour a few trillion into the economy. ANYHOW,,,,,,SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ASSUME??? { I wonder where Obama keeps his White House Donkey).:eek:

• Banned
What Yobama doesn't know is that no one wants to spend their disposable income, and businesses wont hire until He and Michele are shown the door in 2013.

• Banned
right, Obama has been trying to convince us that things are getting better each month! he has been creating 100,000-250,000 jobs a month. Well, we don't see any evidence of that here in Florida!

• Banned
I can't wait for the 2012 State Of The Union Address. Whats Obama Gonna say? it's his last chance to tell 300 Million Americans that THE RECESSION IS OVER !!! (and make it seem convincable?)

This topic should be brought up in the media considering all that's happened with the stagnant economy. Obama borrowed a few trillion "Assuming He Was Save The Economy".
Now did anyone actually believe that? Kinda hard to bring back the economy we had in the 90's when you flip off every small business owner in America. Oh Wait, but we all "Assumed" Obama was Jesus,and was going to save us just by "Being President". Obama ASSUMED that by him being President,all Americans will be confident once again and go out there and pour a few trillion into the economy. ANYHOW,,,,,,SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ASSUME??? { I wonder where Obama keeps his White House Donkey).:eek:

Bush&Co assumed Iraq had WMD's and was a threat to our country; Cheney assumed oil revenues would pay for the military incursion and Rumsfeld was sure the war would be over in months and the Iraq people would greet our troops as liberators.

Governance isn't an exact science, suggesting Obama lied is reprehensible.

It looks like Mankiw was right about his unit root hypothesis.
Greg Mankiw's Blog: Team Obama on the Unit Root Hypothesis

As Valerie Cerra and Sweta Chaman Saxena pointed out in their paper.

Abstract: Using panel data for a large set of high-income, emerging market, developing, and transition countries, we find robust evidence that the large output loss from financial crises and some types of political crises is highly persistent. The results on financial crises are also highly robust to the assumption on exogeneity. Moreover, we find strong evidence of growth over optimism before financial crises. We also find a distinction between the output impact of civil wars versus other crises, in that there is a partial output rebound for civil wars but no significant rebound for financial crises or the other political crises.
AEAweb Journal Articles Display

• Banned
oh, I knew from the start of the 2003 Iraq war was gonna be the start of the end of prosperity, but Obama has made it worse.How can you borrow 4 trillion dollars, and assume u will pay it back when the economy comes back? I will admit that if Bush had just left Iraq alone, things would be alot better now.

Did Obama or any Democrat ever claim the economy "Would Come Roaring Back By 2011"?

Can you please post the link to the article with that statment in it please?

Did Obama or any Democrat ever claim the economy "Would Come Roaring Back By 2011"?

Can you please post the link to the article with that statment in it please?

Obama and his economists claimed that unemployment would be under 8% two years ago.

The $787 billion stimulus plan is turning out to be far less stimulating than its architects expected.

Back in early January, when Barack Obama was still President-elect, two of his chief economic advisers — leading proponents of a stimulus bill — predicted that the passage of a large economic-aid package would boost the economy and keep the unemployment rate below 8%. It hasn't quite worked out that way. Last month, the jobless rate in the U.S. hit 9.5%, the highest level it has reached since 1983. (See 10 ways your job will change.)

The two advisers who wrote the paper, Christina Romer and Jared Bernstein, went on to land key jobs in the Obama Administration. Romer is the head of Obama's Council of Economic Advisers, and Bernstein is the chief economist and economic-policy adviser to Vice President Joe Biden.
Barack Obama's Stimulus Plan: Failing by Its Own Measure - TIME

Now Romer is full of regret.
Economist Christina Romer regrets saying jobless rate would stay below 8 percent

So no 'roaring back' quote, just a poor prediction on the future state of unemployment.

They were off by what, a percent and a half?

How is that a lie? Or is your thread just an example of hyper-partisanship?

Got it, ignore you.

They didn't assume--Obama PROMISED that the stimulus bill that they shoved down our throats would produce millions of private sector jobs--which turned into saving government workers jobs--to then Nancy Pelosi referring to unemployment checks as economic stimulus.

$promised-jobs.jpg

Many on both sides thought the entire bubble pop would only last about 6 months.
Doesn't anyone else remember that?

Obama was elected on the assumption that he was gonna turn the economy around, and unfortunately, 1/2 of the voters fell for it. I knew long before he was elected that he was a fraud, I never believed anything he said or promised. And he kept promising that things would continue to improve throughout these 30 months. Rememer how he spoke of glimmers of hope in his first two state of the unions? and 70% of Americans laughed! It's been 30 MONTHS! SO MANY SMALL BUSINESSES HAVE COLLAPSED.
WOW,,,and he has his owm comemmortive plates?

right, Obama has been trying to convince us that things are getting better each month! he has been creating 100,000-250,000 jobs a month. Well, we don't see any evidence of that here in Florida!

move where there is jobs.

Oh! believe me, when things get better here,and condo's start selling,,,IM Gone!!! (just further north, but not leaving Florida,,,but if Florida melts into the gulf,,,Im off to TEXAS!)

Obama was elected on the assumption that he was gonna turn the economy around, and unfortunately, 1/2 of the voters fell for it. I knew long before he was elected that he was a fraud, I never believed anything he said or promised. And he kept promising that things would continue to improve throughout these 30 months. Rememer how he spoke of glimmers of hope in his first two state of the unions? and 70% of Americans laughed! It's been 30 MONTHS! SO MANY SMALL BUSINESSES HAVE COLLAPSED.

Obama was elected on the hope that he would not be another Bush term like if McCain was elected.
Boy was that a bust though.
The problem is much deeper than just a bad president of either party.
It is all of congress and the people that keep re-electing them.

Obama was elected on the hope that he would not be another Bush term like if McCain was elected.
Boy was that a bust though.
The problem is much deeper than just a bad president of either party.
It is all of congress and the people that keep re-electing them.

It "par for the course"

when you have a larger centralized gov't

Too much power in too few hands

Forum List

Back