So now with the EVIL Corporation Insurance Companies losing their supplemental billions from the gov

Is it time to stop the corporate welfare to insurance companies?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Why do we need to get rid of them? Why do you think health care is as choice between submitting to government authority or submitting to the insurance companies? Is it completely impossible for you to imagine doing neither? Wouldn't that be better?

Yeah, clearly DYING A HORRIBLE DEATH IN POVERTY is an option. And it's the reality for the 43 million people who didn't have insurance before the ACA. But, um, "Freedom" or something.

So here we get to the crux of the argument.

Health care is either a commodity where you can get what you can afford. The problem is, only the rich can have that easy access to it for something serious.

Or it's a public service that everyone should have equal access to.

The rest of the world decided it should be the latter, and created single payer or universal coverage systems.

America decided on the former, because some slimy people got rich off the deal, and they have Rich Sugar Daddies telling Libertarian Idiots that this is about "Freedom".

Sorry, I don't feel free if I have to worry about being bankrupted by cancer, or if I get cut off at the knees by an insurance company that decided my treatment was "elective".

Single Payer IS Freedom. It's one less thing I have to worry about.

Hey liberals, the justice department is taking its appeal to have billions of money to give to the insurance companies and stop the monthly payments, are you now happy that these EVIL corps are no longer getting that corporate welfare?

Dems rip Trump's 'spiteful' decision to end key ObamaCare payments
"Based on guidance from the Department of Justice, the Department of Health and Human Services has concluded that there is no appropriation for cost-sharing reduction payments to insurance companies under Obamacare," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said.
Did you know that insurance companies were giving large donations to the Democrats so then the Democrats would steal your money and give it to the insurance companies? Yes, you stupid liberal voters made it happen.

Obamacare: Voters, are you stupid? - CNN.com
Obamacare: Democrat Voters, are you stupid?
YES YOU ARE!!!!!!

You really don't understand what you're postin g about.
You really don't understand what you're posting about
Oh no, I really do know what I am talking about..

immutable-truth-head-up-ass-buried-rectal-cranial-inversion-politics-1314793503.jpg

Health care is part of the general welfare.

Welfare spending should be cut last; after cuts to defense spending. The right wing cannot be serious about our alleged wars, if they believe cutting taxes will help us win them.

I believe cuts to social spending in favor of defense spending is ethically wrong and unconstitutional, without a formal declaration of war and the war time tax rates necessary to pay for them.

While I don't defend the current system, this statement is blatantly false.

I am all for conversations around how things should work, but this claim is simply not true (and is a huge source of error).

I am all for conversations around how things should work, but this claim is simply not true (and is a huge source of error).
Why do you believe, the general welfare does not include welfare regarding health care? It is not the major or common welfare.

Why do you believe, the general welfare does not include welfare regarding health care? It is not the major or common welfare.

Let me step back and apologize for jumping to conclusions.

I may have been reading something into your statement that you didn't mean.

The General Welfare Clause of The U.S. Constitution specifically relates to the identified duties of the federal government as specified in the constitution. People will use this as a blanket argument to justify the Federal Government getting involved in just about anything.

However, if you are referring to the general welfare of people, I would agree that health care is a big part of that. Especially, given our aging population.

Again, my apologies for jumping to conclusions.

Hey liberals, the justice department is taking its appeal to have billions of money to give to the insurance companies and stop the monthly payments, are you now happy that these EVIL corps are no longer getting that corporate welfare?

"Based on guidance from the Department of Justice, the Department of Health and Human Services has concluded that there is no appropriation for cost-sharing reduction payments to insurance companies under Obamacare," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said.
Did you know that insurance companies were giving large donations to the Democrats so then the Democrats would steal your money and give it to the insurance companies? Yes, you stupid liberal voters made it happen.

YES YOU ARE!!!!!!

View attachment 156791

that picture of you with your head up your ass fits your statement "I really do know what I'm talking about" perfect. Seems repubs are the biggest recipients of insurance monies.

Health Insurance Companies Give Healthy Donations to Political Campaigns - FollowTheMoney.org 266

YES YOU ARE!!!!!!

View attachment 156791

that picture of you with your head up your ass fits your statement "I really do know what I'm talking about" perfect. Seems repubs are the biggest recipients of insurance monies.

Health Insurance Companies Give Healthy Donations to Political Campaigns - FollowTheMoney.org 266
So you do like that your taxes are going for corporate welfare to insurance companies with Obama care?

View attachment 156791

So you do like that your taxes are going for corporate welfare to insurance companies with Obama care?

Not any more than I like my taxes going to any corporate welfare and there is plenty of it. Why don't you asked IRS how your taxes are getting distributed?

You did not explain anything.

Yes, I did. It just wasn't the answer you wanted to hear.

That's totally not my problem.

What answer did I want to hear ?

I asked a question that is basically set up to frame the conversation.

Do you think you can characterize the U.S. system as a single system.

You answered there were 47 million uninsured.

You didn't say where they were or if they were equally distributed throughout the population.

In fact, you really said not much at all.

But feel free to think you are somehow behaving like an adult.

It's not taken long to figure out who the partisans are on this board.

It's like the dnc openly bribed ins companies and their lackeys and got their sheep to cheer it on.

billions added to the debt = meh

Like?
That's exactly what happened.
It's a racket. Everything the left does is a racket.

Do you think you can characterize the U.S. system as a single system.

Yes. Yes, I can. Thanks.

You answered there were 47 million uninsured.

Yes, and that's fucking unacceptable and causes most of the problems..I realize you are kind of dopey and don't understand symbiotic relationships, like hospitals charging people $100 for an aspirin to cover the uninsured in the ER, but that's the system we have.

It's not taken long to figure out who the partisans are on this board.

That's okay, I doubt you'll be here long enough.

I don't want to give poor people any more money... They have taken 22 trillion dollars and did nothing but stay poor. Before FDR put a chicken in everyone's pot, people had to work, or find charity to survive.

A chicken in every pot was a Republican expression. It was used by Herbert Hoover's supporters.

Chicken in Every Pot - Dictionary definition of Chicken in Every Pot | Encyclopedia.com: FREE online dictionary

Now we see 1 party taking from those that work, and giving it to those that don't work, thus keeping those who don't work, not working.

Again, who is taking from whom again? As I've pointed out to you, most folks on Food stamps work. The rest are children and the elderly. Meanwhile, the One Percent who have 43% of the wealth don't do 43% of the work. Nowhere near.

Give them an incentive, by giving them nothing, but the education from public schools and see how well they survive... Public education is supposed to be all great, right liberals....

No problem. Just make sure the rich kids have to go to the same crappy schools the poor kids have to go to. Just to make it fair. Then have a huge estate tax so we aren't passing down wealth like medieval barons.

Ridiculous, who says people who are considered rich don’t or never worked hard to get where they are at??? Just a ridiculous and gross mid generalization. And while they only own 45% of the wealth, the top 20% pays for 95% of the tax burden...And if they got rich by providing a product or service for people at a price people they were willing to pay for it...what’s the problem?? If they made their money honestly, what the hell is the problem? Why are they second class citizens. And many of these people worked hard and made plenty of money, carefully saved and invested (investing as in helping others provide a product and service to humanity), just to set up the next generation of their family for success...making sure their progeny has every advantage possible....like all parents/grandparents should do. Is that a crime??? Holy shit, so parents setting up a college fund, and grandparents doing a savings fund is wrong? And if the parents/grandparents toiling gave them that advantage, and they used it, that’s somehow wrong??? That’s absurd.

Now if they cheated and scammed their way up, that’s a different story. But, You’d be a moron to suggest that every, or even most of “rich” people got there dishonestly. The people who are getting there dishonestly are usually doing it through the help of government, not despite it. So the problem is government, not the rich. And the other part of the problem is you see what they have, and don’t think it’s fair...in other words, straight up jealousy.

I don't want to give poor people any more money... They have taken 22 trillion dollars and did nothing but stay poor. Before FDR put a chicken in everyone's pot, people had to work, or find charity to survive.

A chicken in every pot was a Republican expression. It was used by Herbert Hoover's supporters.

Chicken in Every Pot - Dictionary definition of Chicken in Every Pot | Encyclopedia.com: FREE online dictionary

Now we see 1 party taking from those that work, and giving it to those that don't work, thus keeping those who don't work, not working.

Again, who is taking from whom again? As I've pointed out to you, most folks on Food stamps work. The rest are children and the elderly. Meanwhile, the One Percent who have 43% of the wealth don't do 43% of the work. Nowhere near.

Give them an incentive, by giving them nothing, but the education from public schools and see how well they survive... Public education is supposed to be all great, right liberals....

No problem. Just make sure the rich kids have to go to the same crappy schools the poor kids have to go to. Just to make it fair. Then have a huge estate tax so we aren't passing down wealth like medieval barons.

Ridiculous, who says people who are considered rich don’t or never worked hard to get where they are at??? Just a ridiculous and gross mid generalization. And while they only own 45% of the wealth, the top 20% pays for 95% of the tax burden...And if they got rich by providing a product or service for people at a price people they were willing to pay for it...what’s the problem?? If they made their money honestly, what the hell is the problem? Why are they second class citizens. And many of these people worked hard and made plenty of money, carefully saved and invested (investing as in helping others provide a product and service to humanity), just to set up the next generation of their family for success...making sure their progeny has every advantage possible....like all parents/grandparents should do. Is that a crime??? Holy shit, so parents setting up a college fund, and grandparents doing a savings fund is wrong? And if the parents/grandparents toiling gave them that advantage, and they used it, that’s somehow wrong??? That’s absurd.

Now if they cheated and scammed their way up, that’s a different story. But, You’d be a moron to suggest that every, or even most of “rich” people got there dishonestly. The people who are getting there dishonestly are usually doing it through the help of government, not despite it. So the problem is government, not the rich. And the other part of the problem is you see what they have, and don’t think it’s fair...in other words, straight up jealousy.
cheated and scammed their way up,
Like the expired Clinton Crime Foundation? Liberals will circle the wagons and shove their heads way up Uranus when you call out their Rapist in Chief and enabler of that rapist......

Ridiculous, who says people who are considered rich don’t or never worked hard to get where they are at??? Just a ridiculous and gross mid generalization.

They did not perform 45% of the physical labor.

And while they only own 45% of the wealth, the top 20% pays for 95% of the tax burden...

Okay, if you can't get the numbers straight, there's really no point talking to you. The top 20% controls 87% of the wealth. THAT'S The problem. The top 1% controls 45% of the wealth. IF they are paying more of a single kind of tax, that's because they have most of the goodies to start with.

And if they got rich by providing a product or service for people at a price people they were willing to pay for it...what’s the problem??

The problem is.

Someone else designed it, but they were usually under an intellectual property clause where they won't see the profit.

Someone else built it, but they usually work in a third world sweatshop.

Someone else sold it, but they are usually working for minimum wage at a big box store and the rest of us have to pick up his health care and food stamps.

SOOOOOO.... again, the problem with you people who worship the rich is that you've mistaken a parasite for a vital organ.

Ridiculous, who says people who are considered rich don’t or never worked hard to get where they are at??? Just a ridiculous and gross mid generalization.

They did not perform 45% of the physical labor.

And while they only own 45% of the wealth, the top 20% pays for 95% of the tax burden...

Okay, if you can't get the numbers straight, there's really no point talking to you. The top 20% controls 87% of the wealth. THAT'S The problem. The top 1% controls 45% of the wealth. IF they are paying more of a single kind of tax, that's because they have most of the goodies to start with.

And if they got rich by providing a product or service for people at a price people they were willing to pay for it...what’s the problem??

The problem is.

Someone else designed it, but they were usually under an intellectual property clause where they won't see the profit.

Someone else built it, but they usually work in a third world sweatshop.

Someone else sold it, but they are usually working for minimum wage at a big box store and the rest of us have to pick up his health care and food stamps.

SOOOOOO.... again, the problem with you people who worship the rich is that you've mistaken a parasite for a vital organ.
I don’t at all worship the rich, I’m just not jealous of them, big difference. If you’ve worked hard, got really good at something, or came up with a great idea that improves people’s lives, and that makes you rich...the. good for you. I hope to be as lucky. You seem to have this false assumption that the rich all of a sudden become rich when they turn 18, and boom they are now CEOs. That there was zero hard work, late nights, labor, lots of their own money poured into an idea, lots of risks taken, a lot of learning from bad choices, and making good choices, or a stroke of genius or even luck that got them there. And if they were born into money, well good job to their parents/ancestors for setting them up so well.

You also have a notion that you’re locked into your class you were born into. That’s just not the case. In America I think the stat is that 50% of the population winds up in the top 10% for at least a year at some point in their life. So you probably won’t start out rich, but got a a good shot to get there someday in America.

I don’t understand why you think zero work goes into being rich, or that why labor deserves to be rich...just doesn’t make sense

Forum List

Back