So Now Trump Supports Amnesty?

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
"Trump: We Should 'Work Something Out' for Illegals With 'Merit'"

Donald Trump suggested that illegal immigrants with "merit" should be offered some sort of deal. "I'm a believer in the merit system," Trump said on a phone call this morning with MSNBC. "If somebody's been outstanding, we try and work something out."

"Well the first thing we do is take the bad ones, of which there are unfortunately quite a few, we take the bad ones and get them the hell out. We get them out," said Trump....

Then the other ones -- and I'm a very big believer in merit syem, I have to tell you -- because some of these people have been here, they've done a good job. You know, in some cases sadly they've been living under the shadows, etc. etc. We have to do something. So whether it's merit or whether it's whatever, But I'm a believer in the merit system. If somebody's been outstanding, we try and work something out."

See? I told you so.

Trump We Should Work Something Out for Illegals With Merit The Weekly Standard

"Work something out" doesn't mean amnesty.

lol, what does it mean? He separated this group from the group he says he'll deport.

Anything less than deportation for illegals is an amnesty.
No no no. You don't get the Donald. It's not amnesty unless he calls it amnesty so he can be for amnesty while still being against it. It's logical. Brilliant in fact.

"Work something out" doesn't mean amnesty.

lol, what does it mean? He separated this group from the group he says he'll deport.

Anything less than deportation for illegals is an amnesty.

I say roach the bad ones, and permit the good ones to stay with the understanding that they will never, ever become citizens, and they will never, ever vote in an American election.

Someone must have showed Trump the figures that show even a majority of Republicans want illegals to be provided legal status or a path to citizenship.

80 percent of Americans feel this way.

It's time for the Republicans to put their money where their flaccid mouths are and listen to the Will of the People like they claim to do.

Laughable. Not even 80% of Latinos here feel that way.
Sadly for you, I can prove it.

A poll going back two years, right up to February 8 of this year:

Immigration

209n582.jpg

Legal status or citizenship is 59 + 19 = 78 percent.

"Deport them" = 18 percent. They are on the losing side, big time.

Poll Roundup Majority of Americans Support Immigration Reform With Citizenship

Gallup
June-July 2013

• 88% of Americans support allowing immigrants to become citizens
  • 83% of conservatives support allowing immigrants to become citizens
Plenty more evidence in the link.

On immigration, Republicans favor path to legal status, but differ over citizenship

25thutv.jpg

What Americans Want From Immigration Reform in 2014

62% of Americans favor providing a way for immigrants who are currently living in the United States illegally to become citizens provided they meet certain requirements, while 17% support allowing them to become permanent legal residents

The Republican response:

bi80le.jpg

Only 13 percent of Americans favor passing immigration reform without a path to citizenship for illegals.

13 percent.

If Donald is beginning to waffle on Illegal Aliens, that will be the Beginning of the End for him.

Comes with the territory of being a One-Trick Pony.

Oh, well.

Well, that now narrows the Republican field to Jindhal and Walker for me.

NO individual who entered this country illegally should get anything other than a bullet for their troubles. The same with anyone who harbors, employs or supports them.

Laughable. Not even 80% of Latinos here feel that way.
Sadly for you, I can prove it.

A poll going back two years, right up to February 8 of this year:

Immigration

209n582.jpg

Legal status or citizenship is 59 + 19 = 78 percent.

"Deport them" = 18 percent. They are on the losing side, big time.

Poll Roundup Majority of Americans Support Immigration Reform With Citizenship

Gallup
June-July 2013

• 88% of Americans support allowing immigrants to become citizens
  • 83% of conservatives support allowing immigrants to become citizens
Plenty more evidence in the link.

On immigration, Republicans favor path to legal status, but differ over citizenship

25thutv.jpg

What Americans Want From Immigration Reform in 2014

62% of Americans favor providing a way for immigrants who are currently living in the United States illegally to become citizens provided they meet certain requirements, while 17% support allowing them to become permanent legal residents

The Republican response:

bi80le.jpg

Only 13 percent of Americans favor passing immigration reform without a path to citizenship for illegals.

13 percent.

Sorry, but I'm not a poll-smoker. Polls can be manipulated to say about anything.

Trump is flip flopping every time he's confronted with a position he's taken that he discovers is unpopular.

He's becoming a garden variety politician right before your eyes (which is what I said several days ago, hence the 'I told you so')

Trump also has said he supports single payer. He's all over the place.

Sorry, but I'm not a poll-smoker. Polls can be manipulated to say about anything.

Then how do you know that not even 80 percent of Latinos feel that way?

It was multiple polls by multiple organizations, willfully blind monkey.

"Trump: We Should 'Work Something Out' for Illegals With 'Merit'"

Donald Trump suggested that illegal immigrants with "merit" should be offered some sort of deal. "I'm a believer in the merit system," Trump said on a phone call this morning with MSNBC. "If somebody's been outstanding, we try and work something out."

"Well the first thing we do is take the bad ones, of which there are unfortunately quite a few, we take the bad ones and get them the hell out. We get them out," said Trump....

Then the other ones -- and I'm a very big believer in merit syem, I have to tell you -- because some of these people have been here, they've done a good job. You know, in some cases sadly they've been living under the shadows, etc. etc. We have to do something. So whether it's merit or whether it's whatever, But I'm a believer in the merit system. If somebody's been outstanding, we try and work something out."

See? I told you so.

Trump We Should Work Something Out for Illegals With Merit The Weekly Standard

Trump will support whatever gives him the best sound bite. Besides with prior ties to the Clinton's, a 3rd party run would not surprise me at all.

Someone must have showed Trump the figures that show even a majority of Republicans want illegals to be provided legal status or a path to citizenship.

It's time for the Republicans to put their money where their flaccid mouths are and listen to the Will of the People like they claim to do.

Or maybe it's time you realized that the majority of US citizens what the illegal aliens gone and kept out.

Then how do you know that not even 80 percent of Latinos feel that way?

Easy. Ask the Latinos who came here through legal channels, and are not members or supporters of the Democratic Party, La Reza or the Aztlan movement.
WOW! You believe anecdotal voices in your head are superior to scientific polls!

Amazing.

"I just know. Because Raza."

Forum List

Back