So Much for the Fiscal Conservative...the Boehner Hires $5 Million Dollar Lawyer

$5 million is a small price to pay to keep gays from marrying.

They can take the money from SCHIP, tell kids they can get their doctors back once the threat of gay marriage is gone

Nowhere, in the actual article, does it state that it will cost $5m..... however, it is unsurprising that you don't get basic facts right.

A pittance!

Money is no object when you have to prevent gays from marrying.

These are the same fiscal conservatives who spent $70 million to find out if Clinton got a bj.

Actually it was to determine if he committed Perjury or not. Which of course he did, but that's ok of course because Liberals are given a pass when the commit Crimes.

Republicans had nothing better to do than waste millions in tax payers money to see if Clinton lied about a bj.

The American people saw through this bs, especially when the campaign was lead by a chronic adulterer who recently just told his wife of his extra-marital affairs while see was in the hospital recovering from cancer.

Now, Republicans have nothing better to do than waste taxpayers money to uphold DOMA, which is a clear violation of liberty. But that is fiscal conservatism for ya'.

They can take the money from SCHIP, tell kids they can get their doctors back once the threat of gay marriage is gone

Nowhere, in the actual article, does it state that it will cost $5m..... however, it is unsurprising that you don't get basic facts right.

A pittance!

Nowhere, in the actual article, does it state that it will cost $5m. You said it did. Why should I take anything you write seriously if you can't get basic fucking facts straight?

You know......if 2 people wanna shack up and live together, sharing everything with the knowledge that whatever they accumulate together will be divvied up when they separate should be allowed for anyone.

I mean........I was miserable and married once, until I figured out how to get my bachelor card back. Cost me everything except my clothes and bicycles, had to pay child support, and oh yeah......the divorce cost me 1,500 bucks.

If 2 gay people wanna go through the same experience, more power to 'em.However.........one thing that I do believe very much is that if you have a partner whom you've lived with for over 1 year straight, you should be allowed into their hospital room if they are sick or seriously injured. Unfortunately, you've gotta be immediate family or a spouse to do that.

Gays shouldn't be stopped from marrying. And, they should be allowed to serve in the US Armed Forces openly. Everyone screams that if gays serve openly, the military would suffer serious attrition. However..........based on my experience of 20 years in the Navy, coupled with the last 2 1/2 years that I spent running the Navy office at MEPS Amarillo during my career, I can tell you this........

If gays were allowed to serve openly, the attrition rate from the military would be more than matched by the willing volunteers who are gay who really want to serve.

A pittance!

Nowhere, in the actual article, does it state that it will cost $5m. You said it did. Why should I take anything you write seriously if you can't get basic fucking facts straight?

Money is no object when we have to stop the gay agenda. $5 million is chump change if it will keep gays in their place.

Thank god we have conservatives defending our straight marriages

A pittance!

Money is no object when we have to stop the gay agenda. $5 million is chump change if it will keep gays in their place.

Do you mean the same conservatives who are serial adulterers? Do you think that those people are REALLY capable of defending marriage? The same ones who cheat on their wives and husbands don't have any real idea of what a marriage is. Gays who have been together over 15 years (and yeah.......I've met quite a few) seem like they'd be the precise people to say what a committed relationship is.

I don't think that Newt, Ensign, the Appalachian Trail dude, and all the rest are even capable of defining marriage.

Last edited:
Fiscally conservative Boehner gets himself a $500 an hour hired gun when he could have paid $60 an hour for a Government lawyer

A pittance!

Now I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you. Is it painful to be this stupid? Genuine question.

CaféAuLait;3548366 said:
Former Solicitor General Paul Clement Signs Up to Defend Marriage Law

That's right...the weepy orange Boehner has hired a $5 million dollar a year lawyer to defend the Unconstitutional Defense of Marriage Act.

Funny that he won't disclose how much he is paying Mr. Clement.

So much for being fiscally responsible...or transparent.

So do tell how much did it cost the American Taxpayer when Obama was defending DOMA-- something he said he was against?

Obama Justice Department Defends Defense Of Marriage Act – That Candidate Obama Opposed

Obama Justice Department Defends Defense Of Marriage Act

I'm curious as to where your 5 million dollar figure came from.

Obama is not defending it anymore. Boehner and company want to waste taxpayer money on this unconstitutional law.

I realize this but how much did it cost taxpayers for him to defend it when he did. Or should I say take away from other things that may have been deemed more important?

Politics - WSJ.com: Boehner Hires $5 Million Lawyer To Defend U…

Look...when you want to deny rights to gays you have to hire the best

Your link, links to another site where it is said to be a rumor how much he makes in a year.

ThinkProgress » Boehner Hires $5 Million Lawyer To Defend Unconstitutional Law

Either way the title of this OP makes it sound as if that is what he is being paid by Boehner.

That's right...the weepy orange Boehner has hired a $5 million dollar a year lawyer to defend the Unconstitutional Defense of Marriage Act.

The Informative Link Referenced in the Opening Post said:
A letter dated today from Boehner to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) makes clear that King & Spalding will charge at least some fee for the work. Boehner hopes to recoup the House’s costs, though, using funds from the Justice Department.

So in other words, The Taxpayers are going to foot the bill for another fucking lawyer, and an expensive one at that.

Fuck you, Boehner, you hypocrite.

Now I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you. Is it painful to be this stupid? Genuine question.

How dare you!

My 30 year marriage is threatened by gay marriage. We need good men like Boehner to protect our wedded bliss

You just don't understand

I wonder how many jobs that will create? :confused:

At least one...and I'm sure he's got an assistant or two...so, maybe, half dozen? (And for just $520 an hour!) I'm so glad that budget decisions are in the Boehner's hands.

smiley-rolleyes010.gif

CaféAuLait;3548781 said:

Your link, links to another site where it is said to be a rumor how much he makes in a year.

ThinkProgress » Boehner Hires $5 Million Lawyer To Defend Unconstitutional Law

Either way the title of this OP makes it sound as if that is what he is being paid by Boehner.

My link showed where the "rumor" originated...from a Horse's (ass since it's a lawyer):

Now head of King & Spalding’s appellate practice, Clement is rumored to be raking in $5 million a year—a figure seemingly confirmed during a panel discussion in July about the future of DC law firms. One of the panelists, O’Melveny & Myers’s DC managing partner Brian Brooks, let slip that O’Melveny had been in the running to land “a top DOJ official” but dropped out of the bidding when the annual ante reached $5 million—with three years guaranteed. “Everybody in the know knew it was Paul,” says a lawyer who attended the event.

Brooks dispelled remaining doubts when, moments later, he quipped that former solicitors general now “make $5 million a year.”

Who, other than the Boehner, made the decision to hire this VERY expensive lawyer (in order to defend an unconstitutional law)?

Last edited:

You just said in yer' post that it's $5,000,000.00.

That's what he usually makes. The Boehner won't disclose how much the House is paying him.

I just saw this too. Boehner wants the DOJ to pay for his private attorney. He didn't even consult w/ the minority leader about it before hiring/retaining him either.

At first, I wasn't sure what about this was outside of being fiscally conservative. I mean, lawyers cost money, like it or not. But then I realized that there's no need whatsoever for a private lawyer to do this. We already have a Department of Justice to defend laws in court when their constitutionality is challenged. So I'm rather disappointed by this now.

Forum List

Back