So much for How bad Palin is, ehh?

I don't think she did a good job! For one she kept changing the subject and it seemed very scripted to me! She didn't know much on certain subjects hence the subject changes!

Where are all the liberals now?

TV pundits: Palin, Biden debate no game-changer - Yahoo! News

Remind us again about how low the bar will have to be set.

Are you KIDDING me? You think she was good not answering certain questions and only talking about energy? Then canning all her answers for everything else, and now will have to answer to Evangelicals about Same-sex rights that she claimed to support but we know isn't possible.

Palin actually went against McCain on numerous things, I think she's planning her own run for Prez:)lol:)

You want her to win so bad you refuse to realize how awful she is

She's not awful. I'm not sure why some Dems/Libs insist on painting her as this drooling, out of touch idiot.

The truth about her is good enough. No need to vilify her unnecessarily IMO.

She did a good job in the debate. She was charming and funny and she had clearly studied to know some of her facts. She did not substantially answer many questions but that's not unexpected. She kept repeating three main themes, energy, Obama will raise your taxes and McCain is a maverick.

When she'd get down and dirty she went into this lil girl/cutesy thing, changing her voice, slumping down a little and engaging a kind of shirley temple grin. Like we weren't supposed to notice she was being passive aggressive or something. It was effective and yet infuriating to me as a woman personally.

Palin did what she needed to do... she stopped the base of the Republican party from jumping ship entirely. She did nothing to sway Reagan Democrats and she certainly did nothing to sway independents.

and let's be honest, one good performance at a debate is not going to erase the memory of her failed interview with Katie Couric. Not a when it's so close to the election.

She had set the bar SO LOW for herself that by not coming on stage and drooling on herself and actually being able to stand upright she improved her standing. She in fact did better than expected because so little was expected of her, even from within her own party, actually not "even from within" but especially from within.

I think most Dems realized that she'd do better than it might appear on the surface. But on the issues and on who is ready to be VP in January she still falls woefully short.

Retired:

she was good in her form of presentation, but very weak in the content. You need substance to be a VP.

You can't fix global warming if you don't know the causes. You can't ignore the last six years as the "past" and even if Bush has, as she said, made big mistakes, we ignore them and look to the future. Basically, the Repuplican party has screwed up but we won't even if McCain voted most of time with the screw ups.

At the end, on how would you end partisan politics, she goes into a partisan attack.

Maverick, maverick,Maverick, maverick,Maverick, maverick,Maverick, maverick,

He has'nt been a maverick for the last eight years.

You say that you want more power as the VP.

She used all he sound bites and cue cards, but not always at the right time.
The real measure of her international and domestic knowldege have been shown the last few weeks.

GO BACK ON THESE THREADS AND SEE HOW MANY TIMES YOUR SIDE ATTACKED OBMAMA ON HIS CHANGE MESSAGE.

NOW WHO HAS STOLEN IT? a MAN WHO HAS BEEN IN THE SENATE FOR 26 YEARS - CHANGE MY ASS - WHEN ASKED WHY HE VOTED FOR THE BAILOUT BILL HE DOESN'T LIKE - HE STATED HE KNOWS HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS

I must admit... she was not the train wreck I was expecting though the bulk of her rhetoric was obviously rehearsed. I think she was cut more slack than necessary and Ifill had more than one opportunity to call her on not answering the question presented. But then we all knew there would be a low set bar to accommodate her.

The wink and the "Ellie Mae Clampett" routine was a bit much...certainly for a formal debate.

I keep wondering why she's always dragging that little baby with her on stage. Either she or her daughter is always carrying him around. He should have been tucked snuggly in for nite-nite at that hour.............. or is he a prop?

I keep wondering why she's always dragging that little baby with her on stage. Either she or her daughter is always carrying him around. He should have been tucked snuggly in for nite-nite at that hour.............. or is he a prop?

I expected her to start breast feeding at any minute...

Every news program is talking about how fantastic Gov. Palin was. How she connected with Americans. That Biden won is almost a footnote. Look for a McCain bump in the polls.

Every news program is talking about how fantastic Gov. Palin was. How she connected with Americans. That Biden won is almost a footnote. Look for a McCain bump in the polls.

And No thats not what every news program is saying so try again. She's only getting credit for not messing up, but getting killed on content and how she turned every question into energy so give it up Missouri.

Oh, and By the way, Wash U is a top 10 school in the country, so why not walk down there and poll the people and see who their voting for? r, how about SLU where my mom used to be the dean of the graduate school and see who their voting for?

The republican party has become a religious sect guided by slogan. A noun, a verb, and taxes pretty much sums up the political ideas of republicans. Palin was screechy and evasive with a nice soccer mom smile. What can one say, if it wasn't Alaska she governed I'd wonder. I was more impressed with Biden than I had been in the past, he hit back at all the lies Palin delivered with that big smile. We have mediocrity in office now, we hardly need more of the same.

"This is the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

The Whiner's Recession | CommonDreams.org
The Conservative Nanny State
CEPR - America Since 1980: A Right Turn Leading to a Dead End

And No thats not what every news program is saying so try again. She's only getting credit for not messing up, but getting killed on content and how she turned every question into energy so give it up Missouri.

Oh, and By the way, Wash U is a top 10 school in the country, so why not walk down there and poll the people and see who their voting for? r, how about SLU where my mom used to be the dean of the graduate school and see who their voting for?

what country is that? CSA?

That's a long haul from here but I'll be happy to poll the folks at my local Home Depot. If I see Joe or any Bosniacs, I'll let you know. ;)

Bottom line, McCain supporters woke up happy this morning. Obama supporters, not so much.

That's a long haul from here but I'll be happy to poll the folks at my local Home Depot. If I see Joe or any Bosniacs, I'll let you know. ;)

Bottom line, McCain supporters woke up happy this morning. Obama supporters, not so much.

Haha, really?

Maybe you forgot a few things...Obama is clearly in the lead right now, VP debates rarely change anything, and insta-trackers broke for Biden. McCain needed the debate to be a game changer. It wasn't. I'm more than happy about the night, the perception among many independents that Biden won is almost more than I could have asked for. Before the debate I was mostly just hoping for him not to lose too badly.

Forum List

Back