Out of context or out of truth...

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
Biden...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ55UzAsp6M]YouTube - Obama/Joe Biden "No Coal Plants Here in America"[/ame]
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/the_vice_presidential_debate.html
I was surprised to hear you mention that because you had said that there isn't anything -- such a thing as clean coal. And I think you said it in a rope line, too, at one of your rallies.

IFILL: We do need to keep within our two minutes. But I just wanted to ask you, do you support capping carbon emissions?

PALIN: I do. I do.

IFILL: OK. And on the clean coal issue?

BIDEN: Absolutely. Absolutely we do. We call for setting hard targets, number one...

IFILL: Clean coal.

BIDEN: Oh, I'm sorry.

IFILL: On clean coal.

BIDEN: Oh, on clean coal. My record, just take a look at the record. My record for 25 years has supported clean coal technology. A comment made in a rope line was taken out of context. I was talking about exporting that technology to China so when they burn their dirty coal, it won't be as dirty, it will be clean.

Catch the youtube...we're not supporting clean coal....

It's strange that he'd claim to have a 25 year record of supporting clean coal technology, and then say "no coal plants in America".

It's strange that he'd claim to have a 25 year record of supporting clean coal technology, and then say "no coal plants in America".
well, he supports it, just not here

just like Ted Kennedy supports wind farms, just not in his back yard

well, he supports it, just not here

just like Ted Kennedy supports wind farms, just not in his back yard

What he meant was no clean coal plants in the US, but we will export clean coal technology to China....:wtf:

How are we going to export clean coal technology to China if we don't use it...

Confused...

What he meant was no clean coal plants in the US, but we will export clean coal technology to China....:wtf:

How are we going to export clean coal technology to China if we don't use it...

Confused...
well, who said he was making sense ;)

I'm sure the Chinese appreciate his support.

Anyone with half a brain understands that we should be providing our cleaner technology to the industrializing Nations as cheap as we can. They, not us, will be the problem with pollution.

China is 3 to 4 times our size in population and become industrilized as we speak. They already pollute OUR air NOW.

Anyone with half a brain understands that we should be providing our cleaner technology to the industrializing Nations as cheap as we can. They, not us, will be the problem with pollution.

China is 3 to 4 times our size in population and become industrilized as we speak. They already pollute OUR air NOW.
but will they buy technology we refuse to use?

but will they buy technology we refuse to use?

They are not using it because it costs more then the unclean technology. It takes longer to build and more upkeep to keep running. Those Countries want it NOW not tomorrow. Has nothing to do with us using it at all. It has to do with cost, time and maintenance.

The problem is that Biden doesn't want to build any coal plants in the US, but doesn't have a problem exporting our technology to other nations.

The problem is that Biden doesn't want to build any coal plants in the US, but doesn't have a problem exporting our technology to other nations.

That is because he is a liberal retard. The same reason that California has not built a new power station since some time in the late 70's early 80's. No one has argued that Biden has any sense.

In other words lets help China support their own domestic energy program...great policy..

Hard to fathom.....but that appears to be what he's doing, to the detriment of our own.

You two need to pull your head out of the sand. Biden can be wrong about US power plants BUT right about helping other countries all at the same time.

It is IN OUR BEST INTEREST to get developing countries to USE clean power sources or the cleanest available.

Once again for you two, China already pollutes our air space, that is not conjecture it is FACT. Using the logic you two have we should ignore China and allow them to continue to build dirty power plants so that OUR air quality suffers, cause, well they are China.

It is in OUR best interest to encourage and help developing nations use clean power sources rather then the older cheaper dirty ones.

You two need to pull your head out of the sand. Biden can be wrong about US power plants BUT right about helping other countries all at the same time.

It is IN OUR BEST INTEREST to get developing countries to USE clean power sources or the cleanest available.

Once again for you two, China already pollutes our air space, that is not conjecture it is FACT. Using the logic you two have we should ignore China and allow them to continue to build dirty power plants so that OUR air quality suffers, cause, well they are China.

It is in OUR best interest to encourage and help developing nations use clean power sources rather then the older cheaper dirty ones.

So while China will get to produce more cheap energy, we'll get air which will supposedly be cleaner while having to produce energy which is more expensive.

Talk about a bargain.

So while China will get to produce more cheap energy, we'll get air which will supposedly be cleaner while having to produce energy which is more expensive.

Talk about a bargain.

Once again LEARN to separate the two. Or do you routinely cut off your nose to spit your face?

Try to engage that thing between your ears. China is 4 times our population, exactly what do you think will happen if they build an entire infrastructure on old pollution ridden power plants? We already suffer on the west coast cities from pollution from China. It will only get worse, including all along the Pacific Ocean. There is no "supposedly" involved in Chinese pollution effecting the US.

Look at it another way. We provided something like 25 percent of the worlds pollution in our hey day, using the same energy and power systems what do you think over 1 BILLION people will create in the near future?

Attack Biden all you want on DOMESTIC power issues, he is a liberal DUMB SHIT. But do not attack the correct opinion on Chinese power needs and our responsibility to encourage them to use as clean as possible power sources just cause a liberal said them.

Once again LEARN to separate the two. Or do you routinely cut off your nose to spit your face?

Try to engage that thing between your ears. China is 4 times our population, exactly what do you think will happen if they build an entire infrastructure on old pollution ridden power plants? We already suffer on the west coast cities from pollution from China. It will only get worse, including all along the Pacific Ocean. There is no "supposedly" involved in Chinese pollution effecting the US.

Look at it another way. We provided something like 25 percent of the worlds pollution in our hey day, using the same energy and power systems what do you think over 1 BILLION people will create in the near future?

Attack Biden all you want on DOMESTIC power issues, he is a liberal DUMB SHIT. But do not attack the correct opinion on Chinese power needs and our responsibility to encourage them to use as clean as possible power sources just cause a liberal said them.

If you wish to believe Biden correct and that the issues are separate....feel free.

I don't.

If you wish to believe Biden correct and that the issues are separate....feel free.

I don't.

And that IS the problem. You think we should not do anything while the rest of the world gears up to pollute us into dangerous air quality water quality and sea Quality.

China EFFECTS us NOW, allow them to build an entire infrastructure for power for over 1.2 billion people and growing and the west coast of the US will suffer the consequences if it is a dirty one.

We have the technology to prevent it. But you would rather we not encourage China to use it cause some dumb shit thinks we shouldn't? I suggest you grow up and try engaging your brain before you make dumb ass decisions.

People need to engage their brains and stop making decisions based on the party some person belongs to that supports it.

Liberals are not inheriently stupid or bad. JUST because they are a liberal does not make everything they say wrong or bad. But go ahead and think like they do about conservatives. When someone is right, you do not just disagree cause their politics are different then yours.

Your position SUPPORTS pollution on a massive scale for no other reason then some politician doesn't want coal plants in the US. Or at least that is ALL you have articulated here.

All you have said is we shouldn't help China cause they are China. We shouldn't encourage they use clean power cause a liberal said it. We shouldn't encourage it because a Liberal doesn't want coal plants in the US.

Forum List

Back