So Mrs Obama blows more of my tax dollars taking family and friends on vacation

If you are struggling Obama will not be raising your taxes. He already LOWERED YOUR taxes.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

He sure as hell did NOT lower my taxes.

He didn't raise anyone's income tax, he extended the Bush tax cuts and he lowered the income tax for 94% of the people.

But he has threatened to raise them as soon as he can. Definitely in 2012 when the Bush tax-law expires.

Nice diversion. But what the hell does that have to do with this topic? So what if he wanted to blow a ton of his own money on frivolous shit he can't take with him when he leaves. If anything it just shows how stupid he is with his finances and now ours.

I'm gonna rent this apartment for a few years. And on top of the rent I'm gonna sink a bunch of my own money into the place even though I have to leave it behind. Dumb and obviously no concept of what most of us go through in our lives.

Diversion? You are whining about taxpayer's money being spent on the President of the United States and the first family. Well Einstein, Obama could have said: I am the President, and new presidents are allotted $100,000 of taxpayer's money to overhaul the White House residence and the Oval Office, so let the taxpayers foot the bill. OR, Obama could have said: I'll use money from the White House Historical Association, a privately funded foundation that paid for a $74,000 set of china shortly before Laura Bush left town.

Are you an adult, or do you have a cognitive disorder?

Yes diversion you numbskull. What exactly do whitehouse renovations from nearly 2 years ago have to do with this topic? Apparently I'm the only adult in this conversation.

Didn't Marie Antoinette get her head cut off?

Yeah, but at least Marie Antoinette wasn't obnoxious...

When they were taking her out to be executed she stepped on her executioners shoe and she said: "pardon me, but that is the height of rudeness."
Marie would be happy to know she has supporters in the GOP.

Naw, the progressives are more similar...

As a matter of fact real classical liberals like myself, we're birthed from the French Revolution...

Modern liberals are authoritarian tyrants that defy individualism and freedom with every ounce of their breath.... With them its conformity much like it was then.

They're government loving fools and they do as they're told by their masters - the government...

Last edited:
Yeah, but at least Marie Antoinette wasn't obnoxious...

When they were taking her out to be executed she stepped on her executioners shoe and she said: "pardon me, but that is the height of rudeness."

As a matter of fact real classical liberals like myself, we're birthed from the French Revolution...

Modern liberals are authoritarian tyrants that defy individualism and freedom with every ounce of their breath.... With them its conformity much like it was then.

They're government loving fools and they do as they're told by their masters - the government...
If ignorance is bliss, you must be very happy.

Well I seem to be one of the few who understand authoritarianism and liberalism.

Now I'm not on the side of those who want to ban; happy meals, guns, goldfish, smoking and duck liver just to name a few in authoritarian fashion, in which modern "liberals" have banned or attempted to ban.

You see; real classical liberals would NEVER dream about inhibiting your rights - modern progressives are OBSESSED with creating the perfect "Orwellian" society - a utopia one could argue.

Progressives are way farther right than most classical liberals are, and so are some republicans ...

Progressives love the government, much like loyalists loved the crown and much like the monarch sympathizers loved Marie and Louis XVI....

Last edited:
I'm a small business owner and I've had to cut back and let a couple employees go. And taxes wasn't the wright reference. Everyone is going to have to sacrifice something to get out of this mess. What is his family gonna sacrifice? Nothing, not only that they have it better than they ever did.

And Bush, Clinton, Reagan didn't tell us to sacrifice then go on ridiculous vacations with their god damn neighbors on my dime.

Sarah Palin can't Shit without you guys digging through it, but you ignore your messiahs BS. Nice

OK, show me where Bush, Clinton, Reagan or any other President did this?

March 30, 2009
Obamas Paying for White House Renovations

Though new presidents "are allotted $100,000 to overhaul the White House residence and the Oval Office," New York magazine reports "the First Couple isn't spending that money."

Said a spokeswoman: "They are not using public funds or accepting donations of goods for redecorating their private quarters."

"The White House declined to disclose the budget, saying that all expenses would remain private as a result of the Obamas' decision to absorb the cost."

Obamas Paying for White House Renovations

Still trying to push that lie, :lol:

Changing the subject, but to be clear, 'The Obama's didn't 'absorb' the costs':

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/01/us/01oval.html

President’s Office Takes On New Neutral Tones, but Keeps Its Familiar Shape
By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG
Published: August 31, 2010

...The makeover was not done at taxpayer expense. The White House said costs were covered by the nonprofit White House Historical Association, through a contribution from the committee that paid for Mr. Obama’s inauguration.

The administration will not disclose how much the redesign cost, except to say the price was “in line with” what Mr. Obama’s two most recent predecessors had spent. (President Bill Clinton’s Oval Office had a bright blue rug and couches striped in candy cane white and red.)

Still, given the hard economic times facing the nation, Mr. Obama is bound to face questions, chief among them, Why now?

When he arrived for work at the White House in January of last year, the president said he thought the office was fine and saw no need for new furnishings.

And when he unveiled his budget the next month, Mr. Obama cautioned that the government would have to make hard choices about spending.

“There are times where you can afford to redecorate your house,” the president said then, “and there are times where you need to focus on rebuilding its foundation.”

Annie, we went over this once before. There were TWO separate renovations. The first was to the the living quarters in March 2009, which is on the second floor. The Obama's paid for those renovations.

The second renovation was to the Oval Office in August 2010 which is on the ground floor that was paid for by the nonprofit White House Historical Association.

WHY is this so hard for you to understand? Or are you just being a disingenuous hack?

Not only is she taking her daughters but also her mother and their cousins as well as BET tv. Are you f'ing kidding me?!? And they are trying to label it as an outreach trip. Last time I checked we already gave Egypt 2 billion and forgave 1 billion to create jobs.
How about a trip to Israel or one of the other countries that actually help us and are friendly? Or is Obama so stupid as to think that his "uncovered" wife and daughters can impress the Muslims when he couldn't?

How many struggling American families can afford to take an expensive vacation of this nature at this time in our economy. And how many of them invite BET to join them.

This is an absolute outrage. Are they really this out of touch with the American people and their plight? I've been debating many of you about how you feel that Obama isn't doing enough for the unemployed. This should show you just how out of touch he is.

They can afford it. They've always paid for their vacations, clothes and parties and liars like you have always attempted to portray them as using taxpayer dollars. Did Bush/Bush/Reagan limit their expendetures during their terms? Hardly.

I can afford trips and parties, should I forego these things because America is still hurting from Bush incompetency?

Well I seem to be one of the few who understand authoritarianism and liberalism.

Now I'm not on the side of those who want to ban; happy meals, guns, goldfish, smoking and duck liver just to name a few in authoritarian fashion, in which modern "liberals" have banned or attempted to ban.

You see; real classical liberals would NEVER dream about inhibiting your rights - modern progressives are OBSESSED with creating the perfect "Orwellian" society - a utopia one could argue.

Progressives are way farther right than most classical liberals are, and so are some republicans ...

Progressives love the government, much like loyalists loved the crown and much like the monarch sympathizers loved Marie and Louis XVI....

There once was a group of men who loved government. As a matter of fact they even created a government where there wasn't one! They did it to address the issues and needs of the people.

Here are the words of one of them...

"The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government. Modern times have the signal advantage, too, of having discovered the only device by which these rights can be secured, to wit: government by the people, acting not in person, but by representatives chosen by themselves, that is to say, by every man of ripe years and sane mind, who contributes either by his purse or person to the support of his country." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:482

Your right except for one thing, Bush and the Clintons didn't take their god damn neighbors with them.

So it's the neighbors going that bothers you? It's ok for Mrs Obama and her family to go?

Yes, I would have no problem if it were just her and her girls. Unless the "its official business" report is true then it should just be her. I never took my kids when I met with clients. Work is work. Play is play.

Michelle Obama is the First Lady of the United States of America. Every trip she takes is 'official' in that she is always a representative and an ambassador of our nation.

Any comparison to your business trips or Sarah Palin is non sequitur.

I had major issues with George W. Bush, but it never even crossed my mind to go after Laura or their girls.

This going after the First Lady has a pungent odor to it. This is not the first time you right wingers have done it.

So it's the neighbors going that bothers you? It's ok for Mrs Obama and her family to go?

Yes, I would have no problem if it were just her and her girls. Unless the "its official business" report is true then it should just be her. I never took my kids when I met with clients. Work is work. Play is play.

Michelle Obama is the First Lady of the United States of America. Every trip she takes is 'official' in that she is always a representative and an ambassador of our nation.

I had major issues with George W. Bush, but it never even crossed my mind to go after Laura or their girls.

This going after the First Lady has a pungent odor to it. This is not the first time you right wingers have done it.

I'm embarrassed for them the way they talk about her. Jeezus.

Excuse me???

Is this really a tough economy or are they feeding us a line of Bull Shit?

If they aren't then Michelle and her kids need to stop acting like they are.

Excuse me???

Stop acting like Obama is the President, Michelle is the First Lady and the kids are the First family? Should they lock themselves in their rooms? You know what the could do; sit in the White House and polish the $74,000 China Laura Bush ordered just before she left for Texas.

Excuse me???

Stop acting like Obama is the President, Michelle is the First Lady and the kids are the First family? Should they lock themselves in their rooms? You know what the could do; sit in the White House and polish the $74,000 China Laura Bush ordered just before she left for Texas.

Pure hyperbole bud.

If the Obamas want to continue to show how out of touch they are with those of us who are suffering from inflation, unemployment, or having to put our retirement plans on hold because of them......then keep taking these lavish trips and keep showing us how they simply don't give a fuck.

Excuse me???

Pure hyperbole bud.

If the Obamas want to continue to show how out of touch they are with those of us who are suffering from inflation, unemployment, or having to put our retirement plans on hold because of them......then keep taking these lavish trips and keep showing us how they simply don't give a fuck.
768640595_Sw3Rt-S-1.jpg
alg_michelle_obama.jpg

Obama-Thanksgiving_foodpantry-thumb-400xauto-14418.jpg
Barack-and-Malia-Obama-at-001.jpg

[/IMG]
President-Barack-Obama-First-Lady-Michelle-Obama-Sasha-Malia-DC-Soup-Kitchen-Marthas-Table-602x388.jpg
31b9392f-1.jpg
President-Obama-and-First-Lady-Michelle-Obama-pack-care-packages-from-Military-families-in-Washington.jpg
090625-obama-hmed-930a.grid-6x2.jpg

Excuse me???

Pure hyperbole bud.

The rightwing will not be satisfied unless the Obamas are living under a bridge

Excuse me???

Pure hyperbole bud.

Are you "suffering from inflation, unemployment, or having to put our retirement plans on hold"? If so what percentage is caused by your poor live choices vs Bush and Obama's economic plans?

Pure hyperbole bud.

768640595_Sw3Rt-S-1.jpg
alg_michelle_obama.jpg

Obama-Thanksgiving_foodpantry-thumb-400xauto-14418.jpg
Barack-and-Malia-Obama-at-001.jpg

[/IMG]
President-Barack-Obama-First-Lady-Michelle-Obama-Sasha-Malia-DC-Soup-Kitchen-Marthas-Table-602x388.jpg
31b9392f-1.jpg
President-Obama-and-First-Lady-Michelle-Obama-pack-care-packages-from-Military-families-in-Washington.jpg
090625-obama-hmed-930a.grid-6x2.jpg

Photo-ops. Nothing but superficial photo-ops.

I suggest they help everyone, not just those they can get to show up to their events.

I'm not impressed with events the Obamas schedule just to make themselves look generous.

Yes, it's nice when they have these little parties, but would be nice if they walked the walk instead of talked the talk. One party after another. Living life to the fullest whilst we struggle to make ends meet. Yes, they're so generous with our money. Just makes you want to give em a big hug. Excellent good will. Doing the food serving thing.

All of that goodwill goes right down the crapper when they show up wearing their $500 Tennis shoes and casual wear that costs more then even the Brit royals wear.

I have news for them. They are public-servants, not royalty. And taking a trip to Spain bringing huge crowds with them is pretty pathetic. Now they're going to South Africa with BET. They never seem to do anything low-key. It's all just one big expensive happy-dance.

Forum List

Back