So Mrs Obama blows more of my tax dollars taking family and friends on vacation

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Not only is she taking her daughters but also her mother and their cousins as well as BET tv. Are you f'ing kidding me?!? And they are trying to label it as an outreach trip. Last time I checked we already gave Egypt 2 billion and forgave 1 billion to create jobs.
How about a trip to Israel or one of the other countries that actually help us and are friendly? Or is Obama so stupid as to think that his "uncovered" wife and daughters can impress the Muslims when he couldn't?

How many struggling American families can afford to take an expensive vacation of this nature at this time in our economy. And how many of them invite BET to join them.

This is an absolute outrage. Are they really this out of touch with the American people and their plight? I've been debating many of you about how you feel that Obama isn't doing enough for the unemployed. This should show you just how out of touch he is.

Not only is she taking her daughters but also her mother and their cousins as well as BET tv. Are you f'ing kidding me?!? And they are trying to label it as an outreach trip. Last time I checked we already gave Egypt 2 billion and forgave 1 billion to create jobs.
How about a trip to Israel or one of the other countries that actually help us and are friendly? Or is Obama so stupid as to think that his "uncovered" wife and daughters can impress the Muslims when he couldn't?

How many struggling American families can afford to take an expensive vacation of this nature at this time in our economy. And how many of them invite BET to join them.

This is an absolute outrage. Are they really this out of touch with the American people and their plight? I've been debating many of you about how you feel that Obama isn't doing enough for the unemployed. This should show you just how out of touch he is.

I bet it is costing $200 million a day too

This is the worst travesty since Obama chartered a jet to fly his dog

• Banned
If this doesn't outrage 90% of the libs on this forum then no debate is worth having.
Arguing semantics about this law or that proposal is one thing but this has NO upside for any of us NONE.

If you defend this ridiculous BS and then try to argue economics in another thread 10 minutes later your credibility will be shot.

Good politics. The obie doodles living high off the hog with unemployment at 9.1%, groceries sky high, energy going sky high and this terrible pain at the pump.. Yep..

I'm no "Lib" and I'm not "outraged."

Christ, people go on vacation. Presidents go on vacation (not really, I just like saying that). Presidents' families go on vacation. Deal with it, it's not likely to stop anytime soon.

As for BET... You understand that BET is a network whose target audience is Black people, right? Michelle Obama is Black. Odds are more than a few folks in their core audience will find the highlights of the trip interesting. and who knows, maybe BET is picking up some of the expense... I'm sure they're paying their own way at the very least...

For what it's worth, I'd invite BET to come along on my vacation, but I doubt they would be interested.

If this doesn't outrage 90% of the libs on this forum then no debate is worth having.
Arguing semantics about this law or that proposal is one thing but this has NO upside for any of us NONE.

If you defend this ridiculous BS and then try to argue economics in another thread 10 minutes later your credibility will be shot.

I for one am outraged!

How dare she vacation outside the USA. Why can't she take her kids to Disneyworld like real Americans?

I don't particularly care about how much this trip cost, but the perception is just horrible. You don't tell people they have to cut back and then go on lavish trip after lavish trip. It just looks exactly as described, as if they are just completely out of touch, or worse don't care.

• Banned

Christ, people go on vacation. Presidents go on vacation (not really, I just like saying that). Presidents' families go on vacation. Deal with it, it's not likely to stop anytime soon.

As for BET... You understand that BET is a network whose target audience is Black people, right? Michelle Obama is Black. Odds are more than a few folks in their core audience will find the highlights of the trip interesting. and who knows, maybe BET is picking up some of the expense... I'm sure they're paying their own way at the very least...

For what it's worth, I'd invite BET to come along on my vacation, but I doubt they would be interested.

your right, some family's are fortunate enough to be able to afford extravagant vacations. But they don't do it on my dime when I'm struggling and then try to raise my taxes later to make up for it.

Where was the scrutiny during Bush's term or any other Republican President? This is just right wing garbage.

your right, some family's are fortunate enough to be able to afford extravagant vacations. But they don't do it on my dime when I'm struggling and then try to raise my taxes later to make up for it.

If you are struggling Obama will not be raising your taxes. He already LOWERED YOUR taxes.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

If you are struggling Obama will not be raising your taxes. He already LOWERED YOUR taxes.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

I'm a small business owner and I've had to cut back and let a couple employees go. And taxes wasn't the wright reference. Everyone is going to have to sacrifice something to get out of this mess. What is his family gonna sacrifice? Nothing, not only that they have it better than they ever did.

And Bush, Clinton, Reagan didn't tell us to sacrifice then go on ridiculous vacations with their god damn neighbors on my dime.

Sarah Palin can't Shit without you guys digging through it, but you ignore your messiahs BS. Nice

I don't particularly care about how much this trip cost, but the perception is just horrible. You don't tell people they have to cut back and then go on lavish trip after lavish trip. It just looks exactly as described, as if they are just completely out of touch, or worse don't care.

Whispers> you are aware that the Obamas are paying for the trip out of their own pockets? Dont tell the rightwing...it will dampen their outrage

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

He sure as hell did NOT lower my taxes.

You don't care how much it costs when our elected officials blow our money on lavish BS but I bet when you want your benefits later in life and they were cut because politicians couldn't budget it you'll have a different opinion.

Whispers> you are aware that the Obamas are paying for the trip out of their own pockets? Dont tell the rightwing...it will dampen their outrage

Do you really suppose that the Obama's are paying for all the privileges that will be extended because he's President? IE the additional security measures which will have to be part of any trip the family makes? You can guarantee they don't.

However, that is largely irrelevant. This is no different than right after TARP money was handed out banks those same execs used THEIR money for lavish parties and such. They paid for it themselves, but it just looked wrong. This is just more evidence that Obama is a shitty leader. A leader says "no in this time of financial difficulties when the entire country is watching us we will NOT flaunt our wealth by going on such lavish trips, especially when you just went on one such trip which caused an uproar"

RW I think you're smart enough to get that, but too stubborn to admit it.

You are aware that according to the media they are going on our dime.

You don't care how much it costs when our elected officials blow our money on lavish BS but I bet when you want your benefits later in life and they were cut because politicians couldn't budget it you'll have a different opinion.

Sir, let's inject a little reality into your life. The USG will never be out of money. We can literally kick the can down the road into perpetuity b/c the Chinese can for their own good never stop buying our bonds or demand repayment beyond interest. It's the one pyramid scheme that will never collapse.

Sorry Gramps, the money being spent on the First Family's African vacation is a pittance compared the money blown over the last two years. I'd be happy if they'd spent those years vacationing...

My point is, there are more important things than a vacation to work yourself into a tizzy over. This isn't a battle or argument worth having, IMO.

Forum List

Back