So Mrs Obama blows more of my tax dollars taking family and friends on vacation

I bet it is costing $200 million a day too

This is the worst travesty since Obama chartered a jet to fly his dog

I don't particularly care about how much this trip cost, but the perception is just horrible. You don't tell people they have to cut back and then go on lavish trip after lavish trip. It just looks exactly as described, as if they are just completely out of touch, or worse don't care.

Whispers> you are aware that the Obamas are paying for the trip out of their own pockets? Dont tell the rightwing...it will dampen their outrage

What airline are they flying on? I definitely need a link before I will believe they are paying for this week long trip.

your right, some family's are fortunate enough to be able to afford extravagant vacations. But they don't do it on my dime when I'm struggling and then try to raise my taxes later to make up for it.

If you are struggling Obama will not be raising your taxes. He already LOWERED YOUR taxes.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

I'm a small business owner and I've had to cut back and let a couple employees go. And taxes wasn't the wright reference. Everyone is going to have to sacrifice something to get out of this mess. What is his family gonna sacrifice? Nothing, not only that they have it better than they ever did.

And Bush, Clinton, Reagan didn't tell us to sacrifice then go on ridiculous vacations with their god damn neighbors on my dime.

Sarah Palin can't Shit without you guys digging through it, but you ignore your messiahs BS. Nice

OK, show me where Bush, Clinton, Reagan or any other President did this?

March 30, 2009
Obamas Paying for White House Renovations

Though new presidents "are allotted $100,000 to overhaul the White House residence and the Oval Office," New York magazine reports "the First Couple isn't spending that money."

Said a spokeswoman: "They are not using public funds or accepting donations of goods for redecorating their private quarters."

"The White House declined to disclose the budget, saying that all expenses would remain private as a result of the Obamas' decision to absorb the cost."

Not only is she taking her daughters but also her mother and their cousins as well as BET tv. Are you f'ing kidding me?!? And they are trying to label it as an outreach trip. Last time I checked we already gave Egypt 2 billion and forgave 1 billion to create jobs.
How about a trip to Israel or one of the other countries that actually help us and are friendly? Or is Obama so stupid as to think that his "uncovered" wife and daughters can impress the Muslims when he couldn't?

How many struggling American families can afford to take an expensive vacation of this nature at this time in our economy. And how many of them invite BET to join them.

This is an absolute outrage. Are they really this out of touch with the American people and their plight? I've been debating many of you about how you feel that Obama isn't doing enough for the unemployed. This should show you just how out of touch he is.

Why BET?
Its amazing ...

Amazing how something will get all the pearl clutchers a tither, reaching for their smelling salts. There is nothing new here folks...

The First Lady will meet with Nelson Mandela’s wife, Archbishop Desmond Tutu a the Cape Town Soccer Stadium, site of the 2010 and with the presidents of Botswana and South Africa and their spouses. During the trip Michelle Obama will also deliver the keynote address to a U.S.-sponsored Young African Women Leaders Forum.

Michelle will be following in Laura Bush’s and previous recent First Lady’s footsteps all who visited South Africa during their respective terms as First Lady. During her husband’s presidency Laura Bush visited Africa 5 times and traveled to 10 different countries, the most visits than any other First Lady before her. Bush also traveled widely visiting Burma, Afghanistan and the Middle East.

During her travels, Laura Bush's twin daughters Barbara and Jenna accompanied her on tours to remote villages. Former First Daughter Barbara Bush has said her 2003 trip to Africa with her parents sparked her interest in global health. She later returned to work in a hospital in South Africa and is currently president of the Global Health Corps, a non-profit organization she founded that is trying to bring health equity to the United States and Africa.

Similarly,while on Spring break in 1997, Chelsea Clinton joined her mother in South Africa during Hilary Clinton's two-week Africa visit. She also toured impoverished areas of the various countries during the trip and later decided to choose southern Africa as her honeymoon destination, vacationing in Namibia after her wedding to Marc Mezvinsky in 2010.
In Chelsea's and the Bush twins footsteps, the Obama girls travel to Africa | Washington Times Communities

So, please calm down. You don't want your knickers to stay in a horrible bunch.

Your right except for one thing, Bush and the Clintons didn't take their god damn neighbors with them.

So it's the neighbors going that bothers you? It's ok for Mrs Obama and her family to go?

Not only is she taking her daughters but also her mother and their cousins as well as BET tv. Are you f'ing kidding me?!? And they are trying to label it as an outreach trip. Last time I checked we already gave Egypt 2 billion and forgave 1 billion to create jobs.
How about a trip to Israel or one of the other countries that actually help us and are friendly? Or is Obama so stupid as to think that his "uncovered" wife and daughters can impress the Muslims when he couldn't?

How many struggling American families can afford to take an expensive vacation of this nature at this time in our economy. And how many of them invite BET to join them.

This is an absolute outrage. Are they really this out of touch with the American people and their plight? I've been debating many of you about how you feel that Obama isn't doing enough for the unemployed. This should show you just how out of touch he is.

Why BET?
Its amazing ...

Why not?

If this doesn't outrage 90% of the libs on this forum then no debate is worth having.
Arguing semantics about this law or that proposal is one thing but this has NO upside for any of us NONE.

If you defend this ridiculous BS and then try to argue economics in another thread 10 minutes later your credibility will be shot.

I for one am outraged!

How dare she vacation outside the USA. Why can't she take her kids to Disneyworld like real Americans?
OMG, outside the USA? How UnAmerican of her.

If you are struggling Obama will not be raising your taxes. He already LOWERED YOUR taxes.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

I'm a small business owner and I've had to cut back and let a couple employees go. And taxes wasn't the wright reference. Everyone is going to have to sacrifice something to get out of this mess. What is his family gonna sacrifice? Nothing, not only that they have it better than they ever did.

And Bush, Clinton, Reagan didn't tell us to sacrifice then go on ridiculous vacations with their god damn neighbors on my dime.

Sarah Palin can't Shit without you guys digging through it, but you ignore your messiahs BS. Nice

March 30, 2009

Though new presidents "are allotted $100,000 to overhaul the White House residence and the Oval Office," New York magazine reports "the First Couple isn't spending that money."

Said a spokeswoman: "They are not using public funds or accepting donations of goods for redecorating their private quarters."

"The White House declined to disclose the budget, saying that all expenses would remain private as a result of the Obamas' decision to absorb the cost."

Buy-black experiment gathering momentum - Business - Consumer news - msnbc.com

If this doesn't outrage 90% of the libs on this forum then no debate is worth having.
Arguing semantics about this law or that proposal is one thing but this has NO upside for any of us NONE.

If you defend this ridiculous BS and then try to argue economics in another thread 10 minutes later your credibility will be shot.

I for one am outraged!

How dare she vacation outside the USA. Why can't she take her kids to Disneyworld like real Americans?

Vacationing in the U.S. is for the little people.

Going overseas is for royalty.

I for one am outraged!

Vacationing in the U.S. is for the little people.

Going overseas is for royalty.

That's why I'm going to see the great barrier reef. This economy has been great for me.

your right, some family's are fortunate enough to be able to afford extravagant vacations. But they don't do it on my dime when I'm struggling and then try to raise my taxes later to make up for it.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

He sure as hell did NOT lower my taxes.

He didn't raise anyone's income tax, he extended the Bush tax cuts and he lowered the income tax for 94% of the people.

Amazing how something will get all the pearl clutchers a tither, reaching for their smelling salts. There is nothing new here folks...

In Chelsea's and the Bush twins footsteps, the Obama girls travel to Africa | Washington Times Communities

So, please calm down. You don't want your knickers to stay in a horrible bunch.

Your right except for one thing, Bush and the Clintons didn't take their god damn neighbors with them.

So it's the neighbors going that bothers you? It's ok for Mrs Obama and her family to go?

Yes, I would have no problem if it were just her and her girls. Unless the "its official business" report is true then it should just be her. I never took my kids when I met with clients. Work is work. Play is play.

I'm no "Lib" and I'm not "outraged."

Christ, people go on vacation. Presidents go on vacation (not really, I just like saying that). Presidents' families go on vacation. Deal with it, it's not likely to stop anytime soon.

As for BET... You understand that BET is a network whose target audience is Black people, right? Michelle Obama is Black. Odds are more than a few folks in their core audience will find the highlights of the trip interesting. and who knows, maybe BET is picking up some of the expense... I'm sure they're paying their own way at the very least...

For what it's worth, I'd invite BET to come along on my vacation, but I doubt they would be interested.

Dude. Leading by example is one of the things Obama doesn't understand.

It's one of my major beefs with him.

March 30, 2009

Nice diversion. But what the hell does that have to do with this topic? So what if he wanted to blow a ton of his own money on frivolous shit he can't take with him when he leaves. If anything it just shows how stupid he is with his finances and now ours.

I'm gonna rent this apartment for a few years. And on top of the rent I'm gonna sink a bunch of my own money into the place even though I have to leave it behind. Dumb and obviously no concept of what most of us go through in our lives.

You guys are a joke.

I remember hearing stories about sarah palins wardrobe and how much it cost. And that wasn't even tax payers money.

Christ, people go on vacation. Presidents go on vacation (not really, I just like saying that). Presidents' families go on vacation. Deal with it, it's not likely to stop anytime soon.

As for BET... You understand that BET is a network whose target audience is Black people, right? Michelle Obama is Black. Odds are more than a few folks in their core audience will find the highlights of the trip interesting. and who knows, maybe BET is picking up some of the expense... I'm sure they're paying their own way at the very least...

For what it's worth, I'd invite BET to come along on my vacation, but I doubt they would be interested.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

BSGarBage,

Yeah, lowered taxes Obummer style: ex, lowers taxes if you buy solar power gizmos, but increses taxes on everything else.

Last edited:
You are aware that according to the media they are going on our dime.

Prove it.

Sorry but unless you have CNN recorded from earlier today I can't. I was actually eating out and watching the news banner at the bottom of the screen. I did however do a quick search and found this:

Michelle Obama: First Lady Michelle Obama to travel to South Africa, Botswana - Los Angeles Times

As it is labeled an "official" trip I'm pretty confident that what I read on the banner is accurate

Well, now it the time to go to South Africa. Kenya is hot as fuck right now.

March 30, 2009

Nice diversion. But what the hell does that have to do with this topic? So what if he wanted to blow a ton of his own money on frivolous shit he can't take with him when he leaves. If anything it just shows how stupid he is with his finances and now ours.

I'm gonna rent this apartment for a few years. And on top of the rent I'm gonna sink a bunch of my own money into the place even though I have to leave it behind. Dumb and obviously no concept of what most of us go through in our lives.

Diversion? You are whining about taxpayer's money being spent on the President of the United States and the first family. Well Einstein, Obama could have said: I am the President, and new presidents are allotted $100,000 of taxpayer's money to overhaul the White House residence and the Oval Office, so let the taxpayers foot the bill. OR, Obama could have said: I'll use money from the White House Historical Association, a privately funded foundation that paid for a $74,000 set of china shortly before Laura Bush left town.

Are you an adult, or do you have a cognitive disorder?

Hjcrap,

Ever watch BET ????

It's a fucking Black Racist media outlet.....the white counterpart would be the KKK you stupid fuck !!!

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

March 30, 2009

Still trying to push that lie, :lol:

Changing the subject, but to be clear, 'The Obama's didn't 'absorb' the costs':

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/01/us/01oval.html

President’s Office Takes On New Neutral Tones, but Keeps Its Familiar Shape
By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG
Published: August 31, 2010

...The makeover was not done at taxpayer expense. The White House said costs were covered by the nonprofit White House Historical Association, through a contribution from the committee that paid for Mr. Obama’s inauguration.

The administration will not disclose how much the redesign cost, except to say the price was “in line with” what Mr. Obama’s two most recent predecessors had spent. (President Bill Clinton’s Oval Office had a bright blue rug and couches striped in candy cane white and red.)

Still, given the hard economic times facing the nation, Mr. Obama is bound to face questions, chief among them, Why now?

When he arrived for work at the White House in January of last year, the president said he thought the office was fine and saw no need for new furnishings.

And when he unveiled his budget the next month, Mr. Obama cautioned that the government would have to make hard choices about spending.

“There are times where you can afford to redecorate your house,” the president said then, “and there are times where you need to focus on rebuilding its foundation.”

Forum List

Back